Snow Leopard on VAIO P(VGN-P90HS) working!

ryuu123

530 posts in this topic

Thank you ryuu123

At least i'll have somewhat of a chance with Acer 751h; will post feedback when i'll try

edit (feedback): only basic 1024x768 resolution, but this is the least important factor... hdd is not recognised on this model ;(

The new GMA500Enabler doesn't work with my 10.5.7 retail OS X.

It says:

13GMA500Enabler is not compatible with its superclass, 9IOService superclass changed?
Failed to load extension com.yourcompany.driver.GMA500Enabler

Try 10.6 :)

Since I moved to 10.6,

I thrown away 10.5 development environment.

so I don't know work or not, compiled for 10.5 ->

GMA500Enabler.zip for 10.5.

@auauhiro

you can flip Y-axis modding Info.plist.

Look carefully some PS2Mouse/Trackpad's Info.plist

Try 10.6 :(

Since I moved to 10.6,

@auauhiro

Thanks mate, it still doesn't boot, but the error is gone! I will try SL within a week. :)

Try 10.6 :blink:

Since I moved to 10.6,

@auauhiro

Thank you ryuu123. I found the key <InvertY> and added same key in "Alpus gride point" because it was recognized

as gride point. I tried both true and false of key value, and I tried to change the key in Info.plist of PS2mouse. All of these

trials were not effective. Anyway, the touch panel works as touch pad, not as touch panel. So, it is difficult to use it.

On Everun note which is a small computer with touch pane, l the touch panel is working and Ink that is preference panel for handwritten recognition is displayed in preferences.

Can I use the touch panel of mbook as touch panel or tablet device?

updated.

attached zip format.

@darylz

install VoodooPS2 for trackpad.

If you have problem with sound, try p's VoodooHDA(included archve for snow)

--

- GMA500 VESA issue.

vaio p's output ->

GMA500Enabler: [GFX]bootDisplay: 1600 x 768 x 32 addr:0x7f800000 offs:00000000

GMA500Enabler: [GFX] BAR0/1/2/3: 94200000/00006071/80000000/94280000

GMA500Enabler: [GFX]PROP0/1/2/3: 94200000/00006070/80000000/94280000

Trying to change a collection in the registry

Backtrace 0x4fc6b5 0x2e44a329 0x5389f2 0x536c27 0x5371b8 0x538e67 0x29c68c

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.yourcompany.driver.GMA500Enabler(1.0.0d1)@0x2e449000->0x2e44afff

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6)@0x2e5c6000

GMA500Enabler: [GFX]Fixup FrameBuffer Address

bootdisplay's addr should appear at prop2.

If not, OSX's VESA driver give up the initialization.

so my work around is update IORegistory with bootDisplay's addr.

God, it's so close i can taste it. :) Lol.

Thank you ryuu123. I found the key <InvertY> and added same key in "Alpus gride point" because it was recognized

as gride point. I tried both true and false of key value, and I tried to change the key in Info.plist of PS2mouse. All of these

trials were not effective. Anyway, the touch panel works as touch pad, not as touch panel. So, it is difficult to use it.

On Everun note which is a small computer with touch pane, l the touch panel is working and Ink that is preference panel for handwritten recognition is displayed in preferences.

Can I use the touch panel of mbook as touch panel or tablet device?

with consulting google about m-book m1, I realize what you say.

"touch pad, not as touch panel"

and some more google,

m1's touch panel is eGalaxTouch and it have own linux driver.

http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/eGalaxTouchD...linuxDriver.htm

I didn't see the source code, you need to make the driver for osx.

with consulting google about m-book m1, I realize what you say.

"touch pad, not as touch panel"

and some more google,

m1's touch panel is eGalaxTouch and it have own linux driver.

http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/eGalaxTouchD...linuxDriver.htm

I didn't see the source code, you need to make the driver for osx.

Thank you ryuu123. I recalled that the touch panel was not usable on Everun Note with Snow Leopard. Now, I installed leopard and it became usable. I will try to install leopard to mbook m1.

So I made a small totourial on how exactly to get SL running on the VAIO P. I take no credit other than for writing this sing post. All my thanks go to ryu123 and all of the other people that actually did work. :)

1. Restore Snow Leopard Retail Disc to USB drive (16 + GB)

2. Use Chameleon 2 RC3 Bootloader installer to install Chameleon to USB drive just restored with SL DVD from here.

3. Copy all contents from package from latest package by ryu123 as superuser from here.

4. Copy "boot" from earlier package by ryu123 as superuser from here.

5. Plug in Flash drive.

6. Boot from Flash Drive (either set boot from USB first in BIOS or select from Boot menu)

7. Install Snow Leopard.

8. Use USB to boot to new SL install.

9. Set up SL.

10. After install is set up, repeat steps 2-4 to the Partition that you installed SL to.

11. Enjoy your new feline flavored OS.

Notes:

You can do a dual boot (Win7, OS X) by using Disk utility on the patched SL Thumb drive to partition the internal drive as GUID with a HFS+ partition and a FAT32 partition and install Windows first and select the FAT32 partition. You can either install directly to FAT32, or you can reformat to NTFS. It's up to you. After installing windows, Install SL just as above. Now you will have 2 great OSes with a beautiful graphical bootloader. :) (I recommend the "Choose your OS" theme here. Just edit theme.pist to 1600x768 on all values that have to do with screen resolution.)

Also, I have had the best luck just doing everything in GUID, so do not ask me about anything if you use MBR and it messes up.

fr3z3rburn

fr3z3rburn,

I installed SL and Win7 using your method on the VaioP SSD, used GUID partition.

If I boot from the SSD, it boots straight into Win7 without going into Chameleon bootloader.

If I put my SL install thumbdrive (MBR) then I get a option to boot from internal SSD in chameleon.

I think the dual boot will probably work if I configure SSD for MBR instead of GUID.

Curious how it is working for you with GUID.

TIA

@allanm9

Did you install windows 7 or SL first? I installed Windows 7 first. The reason for this is because when you install windows 7, it sets the Windows partition as active. If you install SL AFTER that, when you install the Chameleon bootloader on SL, it sets the SL/Chameleon bootloader partition to active.

Try that and then let me know your results.

@fr3z3rburn,

I did exactly as you have detailed. Used disk utility to create two partitions, FAT32 and HFS+. Set disk as GUID. Installed Win7, formatted as NTFS and then installed SL.

I guess it is not setting my Chameleon partition as active. It does set it as active when I just install SL without Win7.

Is it possible to set it active without re-installing?

Which version of Chameleon are you using? I dont know if that matters. My version of Chamaeleon2 RC3 was downloaded on October 12.

Thanks.

@allanm9

If the last thing you did as far as installing OSes or altering partitions, then you should have the Chameleon partition booting. Get a copy of Gparted Live CD and see if the Win7 partition or the OSX partition is labeled "boot". If both are flagged as boot, then there is something wrong. I have had that happen before. I can't remember how i fixed it, but i will re-install when i get back from out of town this weekend and post monday on it.

fr3z3rburn

Hi ryuu,

do you think that it will be possible in the near future to get working sleep mode and a better GMA500 driver, so that iTunes movies etc. run well?

Thx...

@zwmg

maybe.

but currently I don't wokring about GMA 500 driver.

Is there someone working about GMA500 driver?

Thank you everyone working on this freaking machine!

I've got 10.6.1 up and running now! Wwan (German model), card-reader, everything appears to work (dock not tested)!

Anyway, there is a little "but" :) :

I sometimes experience battery is behaving weird. OS X appears to lose it, battery-led is blinking quite quickly and the battery time is displayed wrong. Sometimes a reboot helps, sometimes not...

I've got Voodoobattery installed...

Yours,

Ben

Thank you everyone working on this freaking machine!

I've got 10.6.1 up and running now! Wwan (German model), card-reader, everything appears to work (dock not tested)!

Anyway, there is a little "but" :) :

I sometimes experience battery is behaving weird. OS X appears to lose it, battery-led is blinking quite quickly and the battery time is displayed wrong. Sometimes a reboot helps, sometimes not...

I've got Voodoobattery installed...

Yours,

Ben

unplug ac adapter and replug. charge LED blink will stop.

And ...

It's perhaps vaio p's BIOS bug.

Go to the sony support page in your country,

If You can find "Intel VT enabled BIOS"(for my country this is version R2071U3),

simplly update the BIOS.

and replade /DSDT.aml with this.

DSDT20091102.zip

After update BIOS, I never see fast blink.

Hello there!

thanks a lot ryuu123 (and others) for your incredible job!

I managed to install SL on a new VGN-P21Z, spanish version. After 2 days of Vista I was absolutely disgusted and almost give back the Vaio P to the store, fortunately I tried with MAC OS X. Now I have everything installed and running, including 3G (Movistar), spanish keyboard, WIFI, etc.

The only problem I have it's related with the graphics card, it's a bit slow with video playback...hope we can improve that asap... :(

Thanks again,

Frankai