Snow Leopard on VAIO P(VGN-P90HS) working!

ryuu123

530 posts in this topic

@Ryuu123

Thanks! I tried the US version and it works like a charm! I love the updated brightness control.

@nutyga

"About this Mac" does not work... I guess this is a known issue.

Shutdown works cleanly for me.

For anyone wanting Wired Ethernet, the Apple USB ethernet adapter seems to work great... Just plug & play :(

@allanm9

Do i need to get a seperate kext for wired ethernet to work or is the USB ethernet built in?

Also, has anyone been succesful in putting the boot files on a seperate partition so that the OS install is clean. If someone has, please post your steps on here.

Thanks! I was going to sell my P at one time, but all i need now is to have full video support and i will finally have the macbook air i always wanted :angel:

I used the usb ethernet adapter that came with my Macbook Air, didnt have to use any kexts. As soon as I plugged it in, it asks me to configure the network, I chose DHCP.

Thanks! I was going to sell my P at one time, but all i need now is to have full video support and i will finally have the macbook air i always wanted :(

Comparison to the Macbook Air is a little bit of a strech ;) but with the small size its sooo convenient to carry a "MAC" around! If you turn on the zoom in Universal Access it is perfectly usable!

I too am waiting for full video support... you can do it Ryuu123!!! All I see is blank screens in the Apple apps iWork, iPhoto etc.

BTW, I installed VMWare fusion and Win7 RTM on it... took almost half of a day just to install Windows :angel:

@allanm9

I did a clean install onto the Runcore 64GB SSD. Not had the shutdown problem.

For anyone considering a upgrade from the HDD, all I can say is WOW! Better than I expected. I feel its even faster than Windows 7! Im running on a 1.33Ghz.

Performance is great. I installed Adobe CS3 Premium & Microsoft office 2008,runs like butter. Will be installing Parallels later on.

Im just trying to work out how to fix the distorted sound?

Im just trying to work out how to fix the distorted sound?

If you installed VoodooHDA.kext and deleted AppleHDA.kext, you shouldn't have distorted sound. I haven't tried ryu123's new version yet, but you don't have to delete AppleHDA.kext with the new method.

@alanm9

I thought you were talking about the expansion ports that came with the Vaio. :P Has anyone got that stupid little thing working yet?

try this kext.

SNC0925.tar.gz

It's experimetal, so sometimes cause KP.

I can't test about WWAN power,

but anyway can power off the bluetooth now.

Who want 3G modem to work,

please report working or not working.

-- memo --

1. extract archive.

2. open terminal and change current to extracted diretory.

3. sudo chown -R 0:0 SNC.kext

(cross your fingers :) )

4. sudo kextload SNC.kext

5. tail /var/log/kernel.log

please report 5th output here.

Thaks .

all work good:)

i'm sorry for so far replay:)

Hi,

update fullset.

US keyboard: ( not tested )

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmy4yhnm1me

JP keyboard:

http://www.mediafire.com/?z1czyzwwjme

--

short changelog.

- Add SNC.kext

- brightness controll: more usual way.

- no need to remove AppleHDA.kext.

This is small change,

If you don't have troble in above,

no need to update/replace.

@jsoryu

Thank you for snow Leopard topic.

But I want to edit(update) #1 post, I'll post another one.

Thank you Sooooo Much Ryuu123 you made me really happy with my Vaio P , now I love it and its really good , Hope to see more of your magic with the graphic card drive for video play back .

Thank you everyone for your help too

everything is working like a charm :|:D :D :D:star_smile:

Is it possible to port the Linux GMA 500 driver?

That's kinda what i was thinking. Isn't OS X built on a UNIX code anyway? I'm no coder, but i thought it would be a lot easier to port the Linux driver than the Win driver. :(

P.S. Plz don't flame me. I'm just now learning java in my CS 100 class.

This is an awesome information to pass it on to my IT guy at work. I cant believe we are still using old PCs for our photo studio. Now I can ask them to at least install this OS on PCs.

WE NEED A FREAKING Mac!

Hello everybody, I asked a question, tried aillant arrived without an instalation of Sl then stop for fear of all broken

quelq if one had made a distribution of such Ideneb, but the sauce Viao p with all the files that go well

if n is not the case, one would be someone capable ul?

Hello everybody, I asked a question, tried aillant arrived without an instalation of Sl then stop for fear of all broken

quelq if one had made a distribution of such Ideneb, but the sauce Viao p with all the files that go well

if n is not the case, one would be someone capable ul?

So if i understand what you are trying to say, you want a hacked distribution of SL that will work for the VAIO P. There may be one, but it wouldn't be possible to update through sotware update. the method shown on this forum is the better way because it is as close to a true mac as possible. All you have to do is restore the disc to a FD and copy a few files. its really not that hard. I think i will be making a tutorial soon on how to do it exactly so that people can understand a little better.

using this method i was able to boot leopard on a Dell Mini 10(not 10v) but after it loads from the usb i want to install on to the 320gb in the pc(made a 15gb partition) which i find extremely difficult..could some1 explain this part maybe a guide would be gud

all help highly appreciated

Will I break my Mac OS partition/installation if I now install Win7 on the other partition I already setup? Will the beautiful Mac OS bootloader and Mac OS in general still work after Win7 installation?

Anyone got both, MacOS and Win7 running with this bootloader?

Will I break my Mac OS partition/installation if I now install Win7 on the other partition I already setup? Will the beautiful Mac OS bootloader and Mac OS in general still work after Win7 installation?

Anyone got both, MacOS and Win7 running with this bootloader?

I'd kinda like to know the same. I think you should be fine if you just install 7 first, then install leopard.

I did it like this one time on another computer:

1. boot into disk utility, 2 partitions (1HFS+, 1 FAT32) with GUID partition Table

2. Boot win 7 disc. reformat FAT32 into NTFS

3. Install win 7 on NTFS

4. Install SL on HFS+

5. Enjoy amazing Chameleon Bootloader and 2 great OSes.

I've also been trying to get this working on the asus 1101HA.

It has about the same specs (though it has a different cpu the Z520 instead of the Z540).

I've installed mac osx 10.5.7 on my external hdd (changed it from mbr to GUID) and added the kext files which I found here. And added my external hdd to the boot file.

And it seems that the pcifix is working as my backgroundlight changes.

But I can't get to the login screen as I get an error after a while. :(

error photo

Any ideas? Thanks :)/

I installed snow leopard(10.6) and leopard(10.5.8) on mbook m1 which is the small computer with GMA500. It seems to be almost working except that nothing is displayed. The sound volume buttons are working and it can suspend and wake up.

The display is turned off when VAIOP-enabler.kext or PCIFix.kext are started. Without these kexts the screen is

not changes from text mode or boot up screen.

The display or backlight may be turned off by these kexts. Can I change the codes of these not to change the backlight settings?

Hi,

I made generic GMA500Enabler for non-vaio p users.

no brightness control. and touch only GMA500.

(no USB EHCH)

GMA500Enabler.zip

And for vaio p users ->

Do you use "Press-to-click" in Windows?

Enabled "Press-to-click" in OSX, but it's bit sensitive.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yhw4jwzydo1

--

I exclude the boot, caz since Chameleon 2 RC 2 , my patch is accepted by

chameleon team.

so you can try any newer chameleon releace and netkas's pcefi.

Thank you for your fast reply. But, I can not download GMA500enabler from mediafire. The download server download761.mediafire.com does not respond. I will try after a while. VoodooPS2Mouse can be downloaded from another server.

updated.

attached zip format.

@darylz

install VoodooPS2 for trackpad.

If you have problem with sound, try p's VoodooHDA(included archve for snow)

--

- GMA500 VESA issue.

vaio p's output ->

GMA500Enabler: [GFX]bootDisplay: 1600 x 768 x 32 addr:0x7f800000 offs:00000000

GMA500Enabler: [GFX] BAR0/1/2/3: 94200000/00006071/80000000/94280000

GMA500Enabler: [GFX]PROP0/1/2/3: 94200000/00006070/80000000/94280000

Trying to change a collection in the registry

Backtrace 0x4fc6b5 0x2e44a329 0x5389f2 0x536c27 0x5371b8 0x538e67 0x29c68c

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.yourcompany.driver.GMA500Enabler(1.0.0d1)@0x2e449000->0x2e44afff

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6)@0x2e5c6000

GMA500Enabler: [GFX]Fixup FrameBuffer Address

bootdisplay's addr should appear at prop2.

If not, OSX's VESA driver give up the initialization.

so my work around is update IORegistory with bootDisplay's addr.

Hi,

update fullset.

US keyboard: ( not tested )

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmy4yhnm1me

JP keyboard:

http://www.mediafire.com/?z1czyzwwjme

--

short changelog.

- Add SNC.kext

- brightness controll: more usual way.

- no need to remove AppleHDA.kext.

This is small change,

If you don't have troble in above,

no need to update/replace.

@jsoryu

Thank you for snow Leopard topic.

But I want to edit(update) #1 post, I'll post another one.

Hi Ryuu123,

Thanks for updating the full set and including the US Keyboards.

I tried your latest file, it's almost work, but It cant input '~' / '`' keys on my VAIO type-P.

On my type-P, '~' is double 's' symbol, '`' is plus-minus symbol.

Would you tell me how to correct, or please correct above.

THANK YOU

Thank you for your very fast reply Ryuu123. Mbook m1(Koujinsha PM1) finally boot up snow leopard from external USB

Memory. Mbook m1 does not equipped with pointing device except touch panel. But, the touch panel is working upside down. Its very hard to control mouse pointer. I will try to fix it.