Hackintosh rig for a music producer

2 posts in this topic

A buddy of mind just recently completed his home studio and is interested in building a hackintosh rig to run all of his fancy producer software.

I'm new to the whole "hackintosh" thing, and have no idea of which parts are compatible with such a build, and call upon you guys to lend me a helping hand. This software he will be running multiple instances of is very CPU and RAM demanding, so something of the i7/quad core flavor would be perfect.

Any and all suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

**EDIT**

Might I add that hardware with these least amount of tweaking required would be helpful. This isn't a strong builder/tech savvy.

A buddy of mind just recently completed his home studio and is interested in building a hackintosh rig to run all of his fancy producer software.

I'm new to the whole "hackintosh" thing, and have no idea of which parts are compatible with such a build, and call upon you guys to lend me a helping hand. This software he will be running multiple instances of is very CPU and RAM demanding, so something of the i7/quad core flavor would be perfect.

Any and all suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

**EDIT**

Might I add that hardware with these least amount of tweaking required would be helpful. This isn't a strong builder/tech savvy.

There is an extremely thorough writeup for the Gigabyte UD5/ Core i7 in the Genius Bar section.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149505