• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Humberto Romero

Humberto Romero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

i got newly get a dell Precision m4400...

I search the forum about the product... there are lots of inputs but not in order...

Is there anyone working with dell precision m4400 with 10.6 or 10.5 in production or pro home user format here?

If exist please share your steps for installation and tip/tricks.

Thanks.

I just finished installing my Dell Precision M4400 with Mac OS 10.6.3 + Windows 7-64bit...
I was able to build a USB Drive that does the trick to deploy everything without having to remove the HD, most of what I found did not work... I was able to boot but the HD was missing or I got a panic during boot.

After deploying the OS I added drivers for:
- Ethernet (Intel)
- Battery (Voodoo)
- HDAudio (Voodoo)
- PS2 Kbd (Voodoo) - But the trackpad goes crazy, stick works fine...

Wireless will not work since it is Intel 5300....
Webcam, Bluetooth & IR not recognized

chknhawk

chknhawk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I just finished installing my Dell Precision M4400 with Mac OS 10.6.3 + Windows 7-64bit...
I was able to build a USB Drive that does the trick to deploy everything without having to remove the HD, most of what I found did not work... I was able to boot but the HD was missing or I got a panic during boot.

After deploying the OS I added drivers for:
- Ethernet (Intel)
- Battery (Voodoo)
- HDAudio (Voodoo)
- PS2 Kbd (Voodoo) - But the trackpad goes crazy, stick works fine...

Wireless will not work since it is Intel 5300....
Webcam, Bluetooth & IR not recognized

Could you post a walkthrough or maybe a guide... some instruction would be nice to have so that I too can try to build the same OS. Maybe I could help you with your problems. Thanks.

nightalon

nightalon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Could you post a walkthrough or maybe a guide... some instruction would be nice to have so that I too can try to build the same OS. Maybe I could help you with your problems. Thanks.

Anyone have any advice for 10.7? 10.6.7 was fine, but then 10.6.8-10.7.2 all yield the "PCI Configuration End" or "RTC Memory" hang at boot.

That was with TonyMacx86's methods...I plan to try myHack now. I don't believe iATKOS worked for me either. I would try XPC, but I think it will frag my HD...I want to keep WinBlowz7.

Vocazione85

Vocazione85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hallo everybody,

I own a Precision M4400.

I've followed all the steps to install the iDeneb 1.5.1 10.5.7.

But I still, the video card isn't working.

I can't get the NVdarwin installer 1.2.3, as the page is offline.

Can anybody help, please?

Thank you very much,

Stefano

DELL Precision M4400,
T 9600
4 GB
Quadro 770M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy