VMware tools

1 post in this topic

I have Mac OS X 10.5.2 running on VMware Server 2. I installed it via Kalaway 10.5.2 Intel AMD DVD ISO.

Host = Windows Vista Bussiness 32-bit. CPU = Intel Core2 Duo 2.66ghz Ram = 3GB

Virtual Machine created using Windows XP 32-bit profile, IDE HDD (15GB allocate at once), 512MB ram. No modifications to vm config file.

I found people have been using the darwin.iso from VMware Fusion to get the VMtools. i have had problems trying to extract the darwin.iso from Install VMware Fusion.pax.gz I found link to a file hosting site from a thread in this forum (forget which one). It had the darwin.iso. I mounted the darwin ISO and installed the VMware tool. After Reboot of Virtual Machine, it ran slower than with out it. I ran the uninstaler from the dawin ISO to uninstall it.

First is, i wonder if that dawrin.iso is the same as the one from VMware Fusion or a product from a open source alternative i know is floating around. I would like to know how to get that dawin.iso from that .gz file to try that out.

Second is if maybe when I instaled that dawin ISO, maybe i needed to edit my VM config file to get it work. It would be nice to know how to do that