• Beverly Hills Cop
    • The Terminator
    • The Lord of the Rings
    • Indiana Jones
    • Smokey and the Bandit
    • Mad Max
    • The Naked Gun

31 posts in this topic

OK this thread is looking for definitive concensus as to the greatest trilogy of all time - hence the poll - rather than just listing trilogy's that are good you get one vote, and one vote only. I'm sure i've missed some important ones so if you have suggestion that meets the criteria, post it and i'll add it to the poll.

Criteria:

Trilogy must be a trilogy - 3 films, no more no less (so Star Wars does not count - no matter how much whining the fanboys make!)

A Trilogy cannot include films still in production.

I definitely think the original Star Wars series should be in here. They were totally different than the 3 new one. In my opinion, in terms of sheer impact, that one wins.

Also, Indiana Jones is another great series, although there are talks of making another one.

OK Indiana Jones is added. Star Wars has had 6 films, if the 3 newer ones were completely undrelated i would consider it but they are the same story (written at the same time as the first three) so i can't budge.

[edit] i just thought of smokey and the bandit!

That's a rather hard choice....since in a lot of cases, the third movie effectively killed the series. Like the Matrix, for instance. I'd go for back to the future, but I hated the third with a passion....

LOTR get's my vote. =)

*On a side note, while travelling to Florida last year by car, we ended up watching all 3 LOTR movies in a row. They were the extended editions too. That was pretty much an overdose on LOTR. Haven't watched them since. :thumbsup_anim:

Indiana Jones, even though "The temple of doom" was quite as good as the other two. However I always enjoy the hint on the "Raiders of the lost ark" in that movie, where Indy faces two opponents and tries to draw his gun but gets unpleasantly surprised ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At least no one picked smoky and the bandit... but the all time best in my book is any 007 or Alfred Hitchcock was supposed to be huge.... like virtigo, n by nw and many others.... and what about starwars (i personially dont like them)

max

• 2 weeks later...

Back to The Future. I own Indy, Star Wars, alot of Star Trek, etc. but I don't know but BTTF is SO damn good. No parts suck, the time travel (which I love) was done perfectly, characters were SO good, story telling was off the chart, etc. I remember watching the first one when I was a kid and stayed up when I my dad worked 2nd shift, then I went to bed. I was HOOKED and I couldn't wait to see the rest. I did get to the the 3rd one in theaters. *sigh* I LOVE THOSE FILMS. They pull at my heart strings and I just can't describe how much they make up my childhood and how good they are to me. I guess alot feel the same with Indy, Star Wars, etc. I got the imports and then bought the full remastered US versions. Hmm, I need to rewatch them. heh :)

wtf, some nutter voted for Beverly Hills Cop. :)

I voted for Lord of the Rings. Sorry, Star Wars is really great, but I think Return of the Jedi was only good. :) (bad ewoks !)

• 2 weeks later...