What if?

2 posts in this topic

Ok,

I don't know if this has been posted b4. But. What if you could go to wal mart and get a pack of DVD-DL. Install Mac OS X Native...w/ the hacks needed to get it working for you then back up your HDD, whole of 7< gigs onto a DVD-DL. Would that be possible to then boot as a LIVE session? It seems like it could potentially work, if you did it right. The root of the DVD would have to be the same as the HDD no folders or anything and then pop in the DVD at boot. In theory it should run.....i am not saying fast but it could...

Let me know what you think....plz don't flame.. if this is already posted somewhere maybe you could show me what has already been tried and failed.

It wouldn't work, at least not the way you described. You would need to have read/write access to the drive. A program exists that does something like this, called BootCD, but it stopped working as of 10.4, and the author has never updated it since then. It created a RAM disk to get around the read/write issue, but many people have tried getting something similar working on 10.4 with little or no success.