Macbooks May 9th

34 posts in this topic

Surely a GMA solution is not going to be in there.

I wont buy if it has one. GMA is not at all usefull. Discreet solutions were in the older iBooks (Radeon 9000's)

Poke apple if they think im shelling out £800+ for Intel GFX.

(im assuming £800, based on older models)

also, that Acer machine is prob better than the MBP. The nVidia GFX are way beter imho.

Apple really should consider selling the MBP in the form factor of the iBook. Some people may not like the aluminum chasis but would still like the quality of machine.

I want one too. In fact, I'd be willing to buy one on the day they are released- - -

but is this a smart idea? If I'm not mistaken, the MBPs first release had some pretty significant problems.

Are any of you concerned about this with the MacBook? I'm not quite sure if I am overly concerned or not.... but I do know that I would be pretty upset of there are some problems on the initial release that are fixed quickly on later generations. - - am I right in assuming the MBPs that are shipping now have had, to some extent, some of the initiail problems corrected?

How many of you are going to buy right away.. and how many of you are going to wait for the initial kinks to be worked out?

What are your thoughts?

i'm hoping lessons will have been learned from the mbp, and that perhaps this is one of the reasons they havent been able to release them yet (the stated reason was that they couldnt produce the volume - perhaps this was due to stricter QA?)