Macbooks May 9th

34 posts in this topic

Do you get the impression that the web team resent being the last ones to know anything over at infinite loop and just drop these little tidbits to annoy steve. Seriously how many times have things appeared on the apple website before they should have!

We may not see the Macbooks on Tuesday. It looks like the Red Hot Chili Peppers are releasing a new album on the 9th and Apple is selling a exclusive pre-release. :thumbsdown_anim:

EDIT Think Secret just posted that the Macbook will come out this Tuesday, May 9th, and will be available in both black and white.

i dont care when they come out

all i care and hope is that they come with another intel chipset

since gma950 intel core duo is taken-how would it match with the macbook pro

if they both have the same spcs? just diffrent chassis

Here you go. Come to the CompUSA in New York to get a "hands-on" experience with the new iBook. It will be this Wednesday instead of Tuesday. AND it's supposed to be the most affordable iBook ever. Also, I think Apple might be keeping the iBook name. I doubt it, but the seminar website says that it will be an iBook overview. So be there and bring your video camera. Check out the link! I can't wait to get my hot, sweaty, palms on one of these. :) The only sad part is that it will be on the 10th, not the 9th. Can a mod please change the title to the 10th?

Since Asus is building them, it would be assumed that some of the chipsets that are part of the standard asus systems will make it possible to take those new kexts and apply them to a standard laptop. The Asus laptops could become ultra-compatible!

:)

Here you go. Come to the CompUSA in New York to get a "hands-on" experience with the new iBook. It will be this Wednesday instead of Tuesday. AND it's supposed to be the most affordable iBook ever. Also, I think Apple might be keeping the iBook name. I doubt it, but the seminar website says that it will be an iBook overview. So be there and bring your video camera. Check out the link! I can't wait to get my hot, sweaty, palms on one of these. ;) The only sad part is that it will be on the 10th, not the 9th. Can a mod please change the title to the 10th?

That's about the old iBook unfortunately, see here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=199261&page=2 ;)

Well, today Apple has confirmed that the Macbook is in production. The article says that Apple has included Front Row and Photobooth on the Macbooks. Those who have seen them describe it as a white Macbook Pro. I just hope they are cheaper than the current iBooks. I need a laptop for $500.

If it has most of the features I want, I may pick one of those up instead of the MBPs, assuming that they have fixed the heat and whine issues with this one.