i got now finally everything working on my 1730 (except restart/shutdown/sleep and WLAN)
And i want to tell you how i did it:
GFX: nVIDIA Geforce 8800M GTX with QE/CI @ 1920x1200x32 (Drivers needed)
LAN: Broadcom 57xx (Drivers needed)
SOUND: Sigmatel 9228 (Drivers needed)
MEDIA KEYS: Mute, Vol+, Vol-, Next-Track (works OOB)
TOUCHPAD: Synaptics (works OOB)
WEBCAM: Logitech 2.0 MP (works OOB)
BLUETOOTH: Dell TrueMobile 355 Bluetooth Module (works OOB)
What doesnt work?
- Restart/Shutdown (You have to shutdown by Power Button)
- Sleep (No Reaction)
- DVI-Output (OSX hangs if i connect to it)
- Logitech Gamepanel (Doesnt connect if i install the software)
- WLAN Card Intel 4965
- RAID Mode not supported you have to use ATA or AHCI Mode
What do I need before i install?
(Only if you cant connect to the Internet with another PC)
- Combo Pack 10.5.7 Update Installer Link
- Universal OSX86 Installer Link
- Broadcom 57xx Installer (Attachment below)
I have tested many distributions like Kalyway, iAtkos and iPC.
But he only one that works for me without kernel panic is:
You can leave default settings. Only setting you got to change is AHCI to ATA.
After Update to 10.5.7 you can switch back to AHCI.
- Boot your iAtkos DVD
- Make your OSX Partition (MBR/GUI)
- You have to check the options [Stock Kernel 9.4.0] and [Darwin Bootloader] (nothing else)
- Thats the first part
PART 1: Universal OSX86 Installer
- First you have to download "Universal OSX86 Installer" Link
-Choose you HD to apply
-Check the "Apply kext package" box
-Check the "Set Native Boot Resolution to:" and change the values to "1920x1200"
-Check the "Install PC_EFI v9 Chameleon Edition 1.0.12" box
-Click on "Install"
PART 2: 10.5.7 Combo Update
-Install the 10.5.7 Combo Update. Link
-Dont be worry if your Laptop restarts on the first boot.
-You should now see Version 10.5.7 in you "About your MAC" Window
PART 3: PS2 Keyboard (FIX)
-After the update to 10.5.7 you cant use the Laptop keyboard anymore.
-Plugin an external USB Keyboard.
-Install the "10.5.7 RepairPack" Link
-Select only "Additional Kexts" / "ApplePS2kexts.10.5.7.ready"
-Reboot and the keyboard should work now.
PART 4: Broadcom 57xx Installer (Wired LAN)
-Run the Installer.
-You should now be able to use the Internet.
PART 5: nVIDIA 8800M GTX Graphics Driver (nvDarwin 1.2.5)
- Run the Installer. Link
- Choose "512 MB" Driver.
PART 6: Sigmatel 9228 Sound Driver
- Install AppleHDA.kext
- Install HDAEnabler.kext
- Delete "AppleAzaliaAudio.kext" in your "/System/Library/Extensions" Folder
- Repair permissions.
I hope I can help you out with your 1730.
Thanks goes to macgirl and wingrunr21.