Read to all?

16 posts in this topic

I received an e-mail with link to my inbox. There is a link to "Read to all". When I click the link, it takes me to a page requiring a Code to be typed in. I don't have a code to insert.

would anyone care to enlighten me?

Rick :help:

I received an e-mail with link to my inbox. There is a link to "Read to all". When I click the link, it takes me to a page requiring a Code to be typed in. I don't have a code to insert.

Rick :(

Me too.

I'm 99% sure it's spam. :help:

hiya, sorry it took a while to pick up on this. we found a lot of message spamming going on and have now suspended the user and are putting in place some measures to stop it happening in future.

for more information please see the following link:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/2829...entry1794928%22

apologies to anyone receiving this spam, there might be a few messages left in the mail queue but thye should abate shortly.

cheers,

M.

its the same user that was spamming topics that was non related, I complained about him before, now I keep getting this mail from him, each time I enter the code it goes to a different page for me to enter another code, and then another type of code, from the 3rd round I gave up. This is his 3rd time he spammed again, only this time its per eMail, the name is "nurguzik".

its the same user that was spamming topics that was non related, I complained about him before, now I keep getting this mail from him, each time I enter the code it goes to a different page for me to enter another code, and then another type of code, from the 3rd round I gave up. This is his 3rd time he spammed again, only this time its per eMail, the name is "nurguzik".

Yep, me, too. That nurguzik blood clot's trying to {censored} me off again; I thought that one's an announcement of some sort from you guys, but when I hovered the link, it was just {censored}. I've encountered similar scenarios in GTAForums, too (the latter was also an IPB board), but the mods filtered .ru links to .moo, since there have been countless cases of spam involving Russian, Chinese and whatever domains.

I'm worried that it could be more than spam!

There is a remote exploit in Java which is enabled by default in Safari:

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/0...39&from=rss

I'm wondering if my computer has now been compromised because I followed the link in the Private Message.

Yep, me, too. That nurguzik blood clot's trying to {censored} me off again; I thought that one's an announcement of some sort from you guys, but when I hovered the link, it was just {censored}. I've encountered similar scenarios in GTAForums, too (the latter was also an IPB board), but the mods filtered .ru links to .moo, since there have been countless cases of spam involving Russian, Chinese and whatever domains.

It's more likely to be a misdirected spambot that didn't notice this was a Mac site, not Windows. But it is possible..

If anyone has the URL to which the hyperlink originally would send the user, I'll do a few checks. I deleted the private message without considering to do anything for public confirmation.

It's more likely to be a misdirected spambot that didn't notice this was a Mac site, not Windows. But it is possible..

If anyone has the URL to which the hyperlink originally would send the user, I'll do a few checks. I deleted the private message without considering to do anything for public confirmation.

here are the links

on clicking on the link it takes you to http://sabl.ru/?partnerid=1312 but in a copy on the members message's it is http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&u...tp%3A//nemf.ru/

I am very sus at this at the moment as my antivirus has picked up a hacking Program called prorat when I open the I.E .

I am using a windows based pc

this has only started since clicking on that link

If you don't know who it is or what it is, DONT CLICK.

Simple. Is everyone that clicked on it a noob to the intarwebz?? Come on, use some common sense and don't just click on stuff before you know what the heck it is.

Rick :)

i received this pm to

the link leads to a russion website that looks to be developed with the purpose to crack captcha's...

Dont fill in the captcha's!

instead of developing a script that can solve captcha's, hackers are using more and more often real people to solve them.

i saw a same captcha on that website exactly the same as is being used here on InsanelyMac. this means that InsanelyMac can be open to hackers.

i hope my english is not to bad and confusing. :)

whoops sorry

i thought i was the first to respond on this topic :P

Me too. I just noticed it today in my email, a link to a message in my isane account. I was all excited to get some mail ... hahaha almost clicked on the link and then I thought, wait a sec who is this? So I checked sight code and it was this

a mlb_binding_key=63 ehchreef=hteeteed://nemf.ru/

the who is lookup is:

domain: NEMF.RU

type: CORPORATE

nserver: ns1.nameself.com.

nserver: ns2.nameself.com.

state: REGISTERED, DELEGATED

person: Private person

phone: +7 916 3432551

e-mail: polevweb@geeemail

registrar: REGTIME-REG-RIPN

created: 2009.01.29

paid-till: 2010.01.29

source: TC-RIPN

it was created in Jan. This guy is pretty fast.

How do these spammers get into the forums? Why would they go through all the trouble?

Are They making money somehow? Are they selling emails to marketers? Howcome nothing

happens to them? How Do I complain about this? Or is it just one of symptoms of the

net? or a symptom of the stupidity of the majority that they don't recognize? But

they must be clever. Sociopaths too. I think it would require a bit of technical knowledge

Automatically send emails to everyone? I don't know. Would like to have more

knowledge so that I could be aware and protect myself better.

@admins:

Did something happen with the post count here or what? I mean; am I the only person here questioning why people are complaining about PM's when their post count is only 1, 2 or 3. I don't get it. I mean isn't that suspicious?

No offense guys, but why did you sign up if you don't post anything here?

• 2 weeks later...
@admins:

Did something happen with the post count here or what? I mean; am I the only person here questioning why people are complaining about PM's when their post count is only 1, 2 or 3. I don't get it. I mean isn't that suspicious?

No offense guys, but why did you sign up if you don't post anything here?

I read what goes on in forums, just because I am a newbie to this one it doesn't meant that i have to post, forums are for people that learn from others and I must say they do make interesting reading, some people are shy and dont like to post,

reading peoples forums are good for learning,

I for one dont have a mac so why be here?, one would say.

well the answer to that is I hear about macs and wish to learn about them, in this forum I see problems that people have on there macs and so i learn to see what a mac is all about, I must say it definatley looks better than the system i use now, there are less viruses to get and the security seems to be better in the mac than windows,

i maybe would like to try a mac one day and buy one but learning from you guys is how one gets the knowledge.

as for private pm's then quite often admins do leave all there members messages and until one learns from what a web site forum is all about then they would click on that message

On my own security i have blocked not ip addresses but whole countries I dont want to know any thing about Russia, or China and some other non speaking english countries, if there is some thing I need from a country that I have blocked then I find out what that ip address is and put it into my white list.

there I have had my say lol.

hiya, sorry it took a while to pick up on this. we found a lot of message spamming going on and have now suspended the user and are putting in place some measures to stop it happening in future.

for more information please see the following link:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/2829...entry1794928%22

apologies to anyone receiving this spam, there might be a few messages left in the mail queue but thye should abate shortly.

cheers,

M.

I have received a spam message as well... I have copied the message below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: nutrond

InsanelyMac Protégé

My friend needs help(easy work), Today, 08:34 AM

Group: Members

Member No.: 436,925

My friend needs help:

You need to quickly withdraw money from his PayPal account and send them by Western Union.

Good and quick commission!

Who can help please contact by ICQ 556015894

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess all we can do is report these users so that our admins can take action...

~Q

I have received a spam message as well... I have copied the message below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: nutrond

InsanelyMac Protégé

My friend needs help(easy work), Today, 08:34 AM

Group: Members

Member No.: 436,925

My friend needs help:

You need to quickly withdraw money from his PayPal account and send them by Western Union.

Good and quick commission!

Who can help please contact by ICQ 556015894

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess all we can do is report these users so that our admins can take action...

~Q

Account disabled.