hey buddy hows it going ok this has been the biggest pain to me
here is my set up
motherboard: xfx680i lt
CPU: intel Q6600 @2.4 GHz
ram: 6GB ddr2 corsair (i know i can only have 2 GB)
GPU: 2x 9800 gt( iknow i can only use one)
dvd drive: sony IDE
sound: on board
HDD: 1x saegate 500GB sata 1x samsung 1TB sata
i have ideeneb 10.5.6
and can get any other versions im open to all
if i do need another one plz provide a link if posible
when i use this install i can fully install it i get the install successful check mark and it re booths and brings me to the apple icon with the spinning wheen (ie its loading osx)
then i get the no smoking symbol and it freezes this is as far as i have been b4
and i have dont the -x command to boot in safe mode same thing happens
0) Physically remove one 9800 GT graphics card initially but no need to remove any of 6GB RAM on MOBO
1) Check your BIOS settings against template in post #1.....initially leave onboard LAN set to [Disabled]
2) DO NOT install video, network and audio selections from iPC Customize menu.....focus on getting the basic OS X system running......
3) Boot the Install DVD with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and install from iDeneb 10.5.6 as follows:
Kernel: 9.5.0 Voodoo
- Ethernet : None
- Wireless : None
AppleSMBIOS : AppleSMBIOS Mac Pro
Applications : Your choice but at least
• Kext Helper
• Menu Meters
• OSx86 Tools
to see if with this setup you can run OS X with all 4 cores running......and PCIClassMatch FIX the Ge* and NVD* kexts.....see post #1 in this thread, and re-boot with -v -f
4) Then, if this Customize choice list gives you 4 running cores.....then install the appropriate audio driver only.....see if you still have stable running with 4 cores and no kernel panics......
5) Then, if this is the case.....then enable onboard LAN in BIOS and install nForceLAN.kext using the 0.62.13n Test installer .pkg, renaming nvenet.kext and removing forcedeth.kext and nForceEthernetController.kext if found.....see if you still have stable running with 4 cores and no kernel panics......
6) Then, if this is the case.....finally install just one NVinjector.kext........as well as NVdarwin, try CoreVidia v1.1 and netkas Universal injector with correct VRAM amount, or aqua-mac's drivers + GFX strings approach for both single and dual cards (see link within this link) .....see if you still have stable running with 4 cores and no kernel panics......