Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs - REBORN

verdant

468 posts in this topic

Well, u mean to do that be4 installing or when booting?

When trying to boot from the OS X system installed on the HDD because you were saying

i have Leopard installed, but it doesnt start; when it appears the apple's logo it starts to load, but then it freezes and doesnt do anything.

can someone tell me what the best distribution for this pc and how to customize the options, please

ACPI x86

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300, 2500 MHz (7.5 x 333)

motherboard MSI P6NGM-FD (MS-7366) (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)

-Chipset nVIDIA nForce 7100-630i

-4Gb de RAM

Tell me if you need more information

can someone tell me what the best distribution for this pc and how to customize the options, please

ACPI x86

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300, 2500 MHz (7.5 x 333)

motherboard MSI P6NGM-FD (MS-7366) (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)

-Chipset nVIDIA nForce 7100-630i

-4Gb de RAM

Tell me if you need more information

Your 630i chipset is a MCP73PV is fully AHCI-compliant I believe, so you do not need to use the AppleNForceATA.kext.......see post #2.........if you want to install Snow Leopard, then see here........Krishna21 may also be able to help you install Leopard as well............

Glad to help........ :blink:

What happens when you boot with Leopard with -v -x cpus=1 maxmem=2048 at the darwin boot: prompt?

Booted with that comand and it starts perfectly. I have one question, does it have any diference in the OS if I have used iATKOS v5? I mean I have iATKOS v7 on a dvd, should I install it??

Then can u tell where can I find the ketx's files for my pc, cuz I have "installed" some like LAN one, it appears to be installed but in System information id doesnt appear and i have no internet on Mac; maybe I'm not making the appropiated process, can u help me? Thanks a LOT :(

Also I have one question, do I have to use that comand to open Mac always?? cuz now I boot normally and it freezes as before, thanks

Booted with that comand and it starts perfectly. I have one question, does it have any diference in the OS if I have used iATKOS v5? I mean I have iATKOS v7 on a dvd, should I install it??

Then can u tell where can I find the ketx's files for my pc, cuz I have "installed" some like LAN one, it appears to be installed but in System information id doesnt appear and i have no internet on Mac; maybe I'm not making the appropiated process, can u help me? Thanks a LOT :)

Also I have one question, do I have to use that comand to open Mac always?? cuz now I boot normally and it freezes as before, thanks

IATKOS v5 and v7 are different versions of OS X.........10.5.5 and 10.5.7..........so, try installing v7 with the following selections:

iATKOS Main system.

Bootloader: Chameleon v2

/Extra directory

DSDT (Only needed if you have to use cpus=1 to boot the OS X install DVD)

Decrypters: Appledecrypt

Kernels: 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel.

Disabler

OHR

System: SATA/IDE drivers: nForce SATA/IDE

USB

NTFS-3G (for NTFS read/write by OS X)

Languages (Your choice)

Post-Install Actions

and if you can boot successfully, then we can sort out video, net and audio...........

For now, until I can sort out your DSDT etc. boot the v7 installation on your HDD with first -v -x cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and then -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and then just -v cpus=1 and then -v, and post screen shots of any boot screen error messages you see each time.......

IATKOS v5 and v7 are different versions of OS X.........10.5.5 and 10.5.7..........so, try installing v7 with the following selections:

iATKOS Main system.

Bootloader: Chameleon v2

/Extra directory

DSDT (Only needed if you have to use cpus=1 to boot the OS X install DVD)

Decrypters: Appledecrypt

Kernels: 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel.

Disabler

OHR

System: SATA/IDE drivers: nForce SATA/IDE

USB

NTFS-3G (for NTFS read/write by OS X)

Languages (Your choice)

Post-Install Actions

and if you can boot successfully, then we can sort out video, net and audio...........

For now, until I can sort out your DSDT etc. boot the v7 installation on your HDD with first -v -x cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and then -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and then just -v cpus=1 and then -v, and post screen shots of any boot screen error messages you see each time.......

Hi

In this case i tried all commands u said for installing v7, and always I get this screen when installing. http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7522/imagen0011c.jpg and it doesnt make anything else, even the mouse freezes.

What can I do? also, do i have to check the options u said before when v5? or only the ones u said last time?

Now I have windows 7 installed in other partition and booting with EasyBCD 2.0, thanks for the recomendation.

Thank you very much

Hi

In this case i tried all commands u said for installing v7, and always I get this screen when installing. http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7522/imagen0011c.jpg and it doesnt make anything else, even the mouse freezes.

What can I do? also, do i have to check the options u said before when v5? or only the ones u said last time?

Now I have windows 7 installed in other partition and booting with EasyBCD 2.0, thanks for the recomendation.

Thank you very much

The selection for Customise in v5 and v7 are different...........is the error message from making just the last post selections for v7 and booting with -v -x cpus=1 maxmem=2048.......?

If these do not work for you, my preferred Leopard distro is iPC 10.5.6 Final.......see my blog iPC 10.5.6 install guide.......

The selection for Customise in v5 and v7 are different...........is the error message from making just the last post selections for v7 and booting with -v -x cpus=1 maxmem=2048.......?

If these do not work for you, my preferred Leopard distro is iPC 10.5.6 Final.......see my blog iPC 10.5.6 install guide.......

I have tried to enter to your post, and it says i have no permissions to see your blog :S

I have tried to enter to your post, and it says i have no permissions to see your blog :S

OK.........you will need to PM an IM Admin guy........

Boot the Install DVD with -v -x cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and see if you boot successfully into the Installer......

If/when in the "Customize" menu, select as follows:

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System (installed by default with AppleDecrypt.kext and Disabler.kext)

Language Translations - Optional

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3

Kernels -
9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

Drivers - Video Drivers
- None initially

Drivers - Chipset Drivers -
AppleNForceATATest nForce Drivers

Drivers - Audio Drivers -
ALC888

Drivers - Ethernet Drivers -
Realtek R1000

Drivers - USB Drivers -
Patched USB Drivers

Fixes and Patches -
Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5
(
must be installed if Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel is installed
)

Fixes and Patches - AppleSMBIOS Patch -
AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 Mac Pro

Applications -
Optional but all selected except Marvin's AMD Utility

Then, double check "Customize" choices, click Done, then in Install Summary window, click "Install". When install begins, choose to (or not) skip the DVD verify process.

When all processes are killed and DVD drive activity stops and the re-boot "beep" sounds, remove the DVD and boot from the HDD by pressing F8 at boot-up to bring up the PC BIOS "Boot Menu", then selecting the HDD and pressing Enter.

On the HDD Darwin boot loader appearance, press F8 quickly and at the "boot:" prompt, type "cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v -f" if you want to use "Do You Already Own a Mac" window to transfer your information across via options listed, or if not, simply type "-v -f" (without quotes) and wait as verbose booting takes place successfully into the Welcome screen video sequence......

OK.........you will need to PM an IM Admin guy........

Boot the Install DVD with -v -x cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and see if you boot successfully into the Installer......

If/when in the "Customize" menu, select as follows:

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System (installed by default with AppleDecrypt.kext and Disabler.kext)

Language Translations - Optional

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3

Kernels -
9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

Drivers - Video Drivers
- None initially

Drivers - Chipset Drivers -
AppleNForceATATest nForce Drivers

Drivers - Audio Drivers -
ALC888

Drivers - Ethernet Drivers -
Realtek R1000

Drivers - USB Drivers -
Patched USB Drivers

Fixes and Patches -
Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5
(
must be installed if Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel is installed
)

Fixes and Patches - AppleSMBIOS Patch -
AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 Mac Pro

Applications -
Optional but all selected except Marvin's AMD Utility

Then, double check "Customize" choices, click Done, then in Install Summary window, click "Install". When install begins, choose to (or not) skip the DVD verify process.

When all processes are killed and DVD drive activity stops and the re-boot "beep" sounds, remove the DVD and boot from the HDD by pressing F8 at boot-up to bring up the PC BIOS "Boot Menu", then selecting the HDD and pressing Enter.

On the HDD Darwin boot loader appearance, press F8 quickly and at the "boot:" prompt, type "cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v -f" if you want to use "Do You Already Own a Mac" window to transfer your information across via options listed, or if not, simply type "-v -f" (without quotes) and wait as verbose booting takes place successfully into the Welcome screen video sequence......

Found the post, and i read it, but couldnt find download link thanks for helping ;)

• 5 months later...

Ok I've been searching for weeks and I just can't get to make this work... I have an HP Pavilion PC with a Foxconn MCP73M01H1 (Napa) MOBO. In my BIOS settings there is no way to toggle AHCI on or off so I keep getting - Waiting for root device error...

Is there a way I could pass this problem? I would really appreciate some help!

Thanks!

Ok I've been searching for weeks and I just can't get to make this work... I have an HP Pavilion PC with a Foxconn MCP73M01H1 (Napa) MOBO. In my BIOS settings there is no way to toggle AHCI on or off so I keep getting - Waiting for root device error...

Is there a way I could pass this problem? I would really appreciate some help!

Thanks!

See post #2 in this topic and also try Krishna21's guide here........

• 1 month later...

hello.

I have the MCP78S chispet con AMD machine and sometimes unstable, especially working with

converting video or transferring large files.

sometimes unstable, especially working with

converting video or transferring large files

in "system profile" sale:

Unknown AHCI Standard Controller:

Manufacturer: Unknown

Product: AHCI Standard Controller

Link Speed: 3 gigabits

Negotiated link speed: 3 gigabits

Description: AHCI Version 1.20 Supported

Is there any way to install AHCI driver more stable?

Greetings.

(sorry im speak spanish :construction: )

hello.

I have the MCP78S chispet con AMD machine and sometimes unstable, especially working with

converting video or transferring large files.

sometimes unstable, especially working with

converting video or transferring large files

in "system profile" sale:

Is there any way to install AHCI driver more stable?

Greetings.

(sorry im speak spanish :thumbsup_anim: )

This topic is for nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOS and NOT nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBOs...............also your MCP78S chipset is AHCI compliant.........

Anyhow, the "Unknown AHCI Standard Controller:" issue is cosmetic and probably not responsible for your large file issues...........see here

The instability when working with converting video or transferring large files. may be more RAM related if you have more than 3GB RAM installed.............if you have > 3GB RAM, try booting with

-v cpus=1 maxmem=2048

Also see here

• 4 weeks later...

@verdant

I know you created a dsdt.aml file for me a while back. I thought I burned it to a cd but the folder is empty, so apparently I didn't...

Anyways, since then I've decided to get back on the horse and try this all again. I understand how to patch my dsdt, but not sure what to edit to get all 4 cores working again. I have an XFX 750i mobo and Q6600 quad-core 3.1ghz (OC'd).

I know how to get into the file, just not sure what to change.

System is recognizing 8gb of RAM installed after installing FakeSMC.kext, and it does recognize my processor as "2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600".

Currently can boot into 10.5.7 with cpus=2 only

@verdant

I know you created a dsdt.aml file for me a while back. I thought I burned it to a cd but the folder is empty, so apparently I didn't...

Anyways, since then I've decided to get back on the horse and try this all again. I understand how to patch my dsdt, but not sure what to edit to get all 4 cores working again. I have an XFX 750i mobo and Q6600 quad-core 3.1ghz (OC'd).

I know how to get into the file, just not sure what to change.

System is recognizing 8gb of RAM installed after installing FakeSMC.kext, and it does recognize my processor as "2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600".

Currently can boot into 10.5.7 with cpus=2 only

You have to boot with cpus=1 or 2 due your DSDT.aml file having, for example:

Scope (_PR)

{

Processor (P001, 0x01, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}

Alias (P001, CPU1)

Processor (P002, 0x02, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P002, CPU2)

Processor (P003, 0x03, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P003, CPU3)

Processor (P004, 0x04, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P004, CPU4)

instead of

Scope (_PR)

{

}

which is easily fixed by deleting the Alias lines......

You have to boot with cpus=1 or 2 due your DSDT.aml file having, for example:

Scope (_PR)

{

Alias (P001, CPU1)

Alias (P002, CPU2)

Alias (P003, CPU3)

Alias (P004, CPU4)

instead of

Scope (_PR)

{

}

which is easily fixed by deleting the Alias lines......

Believe it or not, I tried that twice and it didn't work. I guess it wasn't compiling properly. I did it on last time in Windows and it WORKED!

I also fixed that artifacting issue, I don't know if you remember the lines I was getting when I moved windows. I just reinstalled iAtkos v7 with NVEnabler.kext and I didn't have to use EFI strings for anything. Copied over my dsdt.aml file to the right folders, nforcelan.kext and FakeSMC.kext got me up and running! I haven't tried sleep, I don't usually use it, but do you know what I could do to fix it? Screens and HDDs go off, but fans still spin, and no way to wake. Also noticing some locking up when doing some processor-heavy work, like streaming videos or using Disk Utility to make a .dmg from a disc.

Thanks for you're continuous help, now off to getting SL installed.