Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs - REBORN

verdant

468 posts in this topic

hello guys as to my previus post about my pc freezing on start up. i get a stop entry sign at the apple loading screen i have typed -v debug=0x100 and all get is "checksum Cookie not valid" and also "still waiting for root device" any ideas or is there some thing vital that i have missed out

Start by re-checking your BIOS settings and that you have made the correct kernel choice and have chosen the AppleNforceATA kext in the iPC distro Customise menu as per my iPC blog install guide......also see post #1......

Then try booting with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048......

XFX MG-63MI-7159 no ethernet or sound in 10.5.2 kalyway and vanilla kernel doesn't work even though I have q6600 of a nforce north and south board and I cant boot without cpus=1

With 630i nForce chipset, AFAIK you cannot use the vanilla kernel........recommend Voodoo 9.5.0 with matching 9.5.0 version System.kext and seatbelt.kext.....

If you cannot boot without using cpus=1, you need to used a patched DSDT.aml file........so install Chameleon 2.0 RC3 or RC4, which will generate /Extra directory......then run fassl's DSDT Patcher (should not need to choose Force compile and New HPET options) to produce a patched dsdt.aml file......rename it to DSDT.aml and place this file in /Extra.......

For sound have you tried latest VoodooHDA?

where do I download the voodoo 9.5 kernel and the kexts?

For Voodoo kernel 9.5.0 and system kext download Voodoo installer and open unzipped folder here.......for seatbelt kext see here.....for VoodooHDA see here....

will iAtkos v7 work?

also I tried the voodoohda and it made my ports show up in the system pref. but no sound just air from the iMix and Mic channels. when I turn them up they give air through my speakers.

also how come the kalyway install will boot with all for cores?

will iAtkos v7 work?

also I tried the voodoohda and it made my ports show up in the system pref. but no sound just air from the iMix and Mic channels. when I turn them up they give air through my speakers.

It is worth trying iATKOS v7........if VoodooHDA does not work, then you will have to try specific kexts......

If your audio chipset is definitely ALC888, then try the kexts here.......

Not sure what you mean by

• 1 month later...

NVIDIA MCP73

630i

Intel Pentium dual E2200. 2 Cores. 2.4GHz

DVD-RW - SATA

HDD - SATA

Hard Drive - Currently as NTFS with a Windows Intall

Installed OSes - Vista Premium 64 Bit - Plan to triple boot Vista, OS X, and Ubuntu via Chameleon

Graphics - NVIDIA G 100 512MB

Ok..so I boot into iDeneb 1.6 Installer with -F. CPUS=1 or MAXMEM wasnt' needed..even with those flags System Profiler returned the same results.

DSCI0488.jpg

NVEthernet found a address..so does this mean LAN is OOB and no driver is needed?

DSCI0489.jpg

woo hoo. Found my SATA DVD-RW.

DSCI0491.jpg

Unable to mount? I'll check out the device later.

DSCI0494.jpg

We're in.

DSCI0483.jpg

Even detected my model number. Except I'm not running Core 2 Duo. And I have two cores, not 1.

DSCI0495.jpg

My DVD-RW in System profiler.

DSCI0486.jpg

What the..

DSCI0496.jpg

Disk1s2 is the iDeneb DVD and the DVD-RW. Check out the photos above..it says unable to mount 1s2.

DSCI0497.jpg

USB Drive Shows up.

..So it looks like almost everything is working as far as simply going into the installer.

Except, it found my DVD-RW, but it couldn't mount, so it didn't show up in Disk Utility..

Next to that, it was exceptionally slow, even on 4GB of RAM..MAXMEM=2048 didn't help.

WHY?

NVIDIA MCP73

630i

Intel Pentium dual E2200. 2 Cores. 2.4GHz

DVD-RW - SATA

HDD - SATA

Hard Drive - Currently as NTFS with a Windows Intall

Installed OSes - Vista Premium 64 Bit - Plan to triple boot Vista, OS X, and Ubuntu via Chameleon

Graphics - NVIDIA G 100 512MB

Ok..so I boot into iDeneb 1.6 Installer with -F. CPUS=1 or MAXMEM wasnt' needed..even with those flags System Profiler returned the same results.

NVEthernet found a address..so does this mean LAN is OOB and no driver is needed?

woo hoo. Found my SATA DVD-RW.

Unable to mount? I'll check out the device later.

We're in.

Even detected my model number. Except I'm not running Core 2 Duo. And I have two cores, not 1.

My DVD-RW in System profiler.

What the..

Disk1s2 is the iDeneb DVD and the DVD-RW. Check out the photos above..it says unable to mount 1s2.

USB Drive Shows up.

..So it looks like almost everything is working as far as simply going into the installer.

Except, it found my DVD-RW, but it couldn't mount, so it didn't show up in Disk Utility..

Next to that, it was exceptionally slow, even on 4GB of RAM..MAXMEM=2048 didn't help.

WHY?

Step back.......give some basic information first

1. Your target OS X HDD: HDD Size, Partition scheme: GPT or MBR, Target OS X volume(s): size (should format as HFS+ using iDeneb Disk Utility)?

2. You should boot install DVD with -v -f cpus=1 maxmem=2048 to prevent any potential issues......

3. Did you confirm that iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 Lite Edition has MeDevil's AppleNForceATA_Test kext in /S/L/E?......since when you boot with -f, the kexts in /S/L/E will be loaded into the kernel.......

Step back.......give some basic information first

1. Your target OS X HDD: HDD Size, Partition scheme: GPT or MBR, Target OS X volume(s): size (should format as HFS+ using iDeneb Disk Utility)?

2. You should boot install DVD with -v -f cpus=1 maxmem=2048 to prevent any potential issues......

3. Did you confirm that iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 Lite Edition has MeDevil's AppleNForceATA_Test kext in /S/L/E?......since when you boot with -f, the kexts in /S/L/E will be loaded into the kernel.......

1. Um..well my targest OS X HDD is the one I'm using right now. I'm pretty sure it's MBR, one volume, and it's right now 596.17 GB. When I install OS X, I plan to make a 350GB Partition as HFS+ For OS X, a 200GB Partition for Windows, and a 46.17GB Partition for Ubuntu. OS X will be HFS+, and then Windows and Ubuntu will be temporaily MS-DOS FAT (Later formmated in their own installations)

2. Sure. I'll try that and report back.

3. System/Library exsists..but then there's no Extensions folder in /System/Library. I even viewed hidden files and folders (TransMac)

1. Um..well my targest OS X HDD is the one I'm using right now. I'm pretty sure it's MBR, one volume, and it's right now 596.17 GB. When I install OS X, I plan to make a 350GB Partition as HFS+ For OS X, a 200GB Partition for Windows, and a 46.17GB Partition for Ubuntu. OS X will be HFS+, and then Windows and Ubuntu will be temporaily MS-DOS FAT (Later formmated in their own installations)

2. Sure. I'll try that and report back.

3. System/Library exsists..but then there's no Extensions folder in /System/Library. I even viewed hidden files and folders (TransMac)

1. Does it have a hidden recovery partition on it or is it a OEM HDD that you have partitioned/formatted yourself and then installed Windows onto?

2. OK

3. Is there an Extensions.mkext file?

1. Does it have a hidden recovery partition on it or is it a OEM HDD that you have partitioned/formatted yourself and then installed Windows onto?

2. OK

3. Is there an Extensions.mkext file?

1. I'm pretty sure it doesn't, My Computer only shows C:. That's what Disk Utility also did.

2. Um..that didnt' help. The only thing that happened was USB Stopped Working (Not USB Keyboard and Mouse, but front tower USB ports, as in, my flash drive didn't get detected) :/ - It still said unable to mount disk 0s1.

3. Yes, there is.

1. I'm pretty sure it doesn't, My Computer only shows C:. That's what Disk Utility also did.

2. Um..that didnt' help. The only thing that happened was USB Stopped Working (Not USB Keyboard and Mouse, but front tower USB ports, as in, my flash drive didn't get detected) :/ - It still said unable to mount disk 0s1.

So, when you boot with -f and there is no Extensions folder that you can see, where are the kexts on iDeneb that are being loaded/used to recreate Extensions.mkext?........what happens when you boot with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 or -v -x cpus=1 maxmem=2048........

3. Yes, there is.

Find, download mkextMaker and use it to unpack the Extensions.mkext file to see what kexts iDeneb is using......

Find, download mkextMaker and use it to unpack the Extensions.mkext file to see what kexts iDeneb is using......

You mind PMing me a torrent/download link for it? I can't find it..

No; I found it.

So..once I extract it, what do you want me to look for/tell you ?

I got it extracted and everything..

There was one nForce ATA Kext, it wasn't labeled as Slashshack's or not.

So..what next ?

If it is not MeDevil's AppleNForceATA_TEST kext, that may explain your SATA DVDRW issue......

but try booting with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048, so that it boots from the iDeneb Extensions.mkext.......

Also, see post #2 in this thread, as your 630i chipset may be AHCI-compliant; in which case, you do not have to use AppleNForceATA......

As mentioned before, -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 didn't do anything. I can even boot into the installer without cpus=1 or maxmem. But I already tried maxmem and cpus=1. Still no luck, the code screen still said unable to mount 0s1. Besides, if I use cpus=1 maxmem=2048, USB doesn't work. I tried plugging in my USB Drive for my front port USB ports, and my flash drive didn't show up in the destination screen (it's formatted as HFS+)

If it is not MeDevil's AppleNForceATA_TEST kext, that may explain your SATA DVDRW issue......

but try booting with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048, so that it boots from the iDeneb Extensions.mkext.......

Also, see post #2 in this thread, as your 630i chipset may be AHCI-compliant; in which case, you do not have to use AppleNForceATA......

What the flim flam.

Ok. If I open the iDeneb 1.6 ISO from TransMac, there is no extensions folder in /S/L.

But then, I have MacDrive installed, so if I access my BURNED DVD of iDeneb, I can explore it, and then there IS a Extensions folder in /S/L.

What should I do nao

As mentioned before, -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 didn't do anything. I can even boot into the installer without cpus=1 or maxmem. But I already tried maxmem and cpus=1. Still no luck, the code screen still said unable to mount 0s1. Besides, if I use cpus=1 maxmem=2048, USB doesn't work. I tried plugging in my USB Drive for my front port USB ports, and my flash drive didn't show up in the destination screen (it's formatted as HFS+)

What the flim flam.

Ok. If I open the iDeneb 1.6 ISO from TransMac, there is no extensions folder in /S/L.

But then, I have MacDrive installed, so if I access my BURNED DVD of iDeneb, I can explore it, and then there IS a Extensions folder in /S/L.

What should I do nao

And then, in /S/L/E there's no trace of any nForceATA Kext. But then in Installation/Drivers/Chipset/

There's the one by Slashshack and TEST.

Should I try and install and select the TEST in Customize ?

What the flim flam.

What should I do nao

And then, in /S/L/E there's no trace of any nForceATA Kext. But then in Installation/Drivers/Chipset/

There's the one by Slashshack and TEST.

Should I try and install and select the TEST in Customize ?

When I type -F it says using the .mkexts from /Extra /S/L and /S/L/E.

It turns out it even finds boot device without -F. But still.

No matter what flag, it still says unable to mount 0s1 - which is my DVD Drive.

what next

When I type -F it says using the .mkexts from /Extra /S/L and /S/L/E.

It turns out it even finds boot device without -F. But still.

No matter what flag, it still says unable to mount 0s1 - which is my DVD Drive.

what next

You are running out of options with your SATA DVDRW........you will have to patch a OS Leopard install distro with AppleNForceATA_TEST.........or wait for your PATA DVDRW.......

You are running out of options with your SATA DVDRW........you will have to patch a OS Leopard install distro with AppleNForceATA_TEST.........or wait for your PATA DVDRW.......

..Should I try and follow the guide for "Injecting Drivers into an install DVD"?

Or can't I install without my DVD Drive in Disk Util but select TEST in customize

..Should I try and follow the guide for "Injecting Drivers into an install DVD"?

Or can't I install without my DVD Drive in Disk Util but select TEST in customize

This is getting confusing.........if you have not yet installed OS X Leopard on your HDD.....you will have to boot from a OS X Leopard distro and use it to install OS X on your HDD.....?

This is getting confusing.........if you have not yet installed OS X Leopard on your HDD.....you will have to boot from a OS X Leopard distro and use it to install OS X on your HDD.....?

I mean, can I install iDeneb with the whole customize and stuff..and during install select the TEST in customize ?

I mean, can I install iDeneb with the whole customize and stuff..and during install select the TEST in customize ?

Yes you can BUT the problem is that the Install DVD (of whichever distro) needs to have the AppleNForceATA_TEST.kext cached in the Extensions.mkext cache that it loads into the kernel at bootup from the Install DVD itself......

Yes you can BUT the problem is that the Install DVD (of whichever distro) needs to have the AppleNForceATA_TEST.kext cached in the Extensions.mkext cache that it loads into the kernel at bootup from the Install DVD itself......

Oh..

..So..

What if I follow the "Injecting drivers into install DVD" method with the MKEXT in /S/L?

Oh..

..So..

What if I follow the "Injecting drivers into install DVD" method with the MKEXT in /S/L?

See my blog guide Option B. where I injected AppleNForceATA.kext into the JaS 10.5.4 Install DVD.....