Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs - REBORN

verdant

468 posts in this topic

Well after installing iATKOS v7, I've arrived at this message in the boot up screen

IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out waiting to write kernel symbols

InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce

I did try the suggestions in post#2 and then booting with -v -f but none of it seemed to have any effect. I also tried disabling my onboard Lan in the bios, but this also has had no effect. I also tried booting with -cpus=1 maxmem=2048 but none of this matters.

But what happens is I thought originally it was just freezing at this boot screen. But really if you let it sit there for a couple of minutes it does eventually boot up (I think). The problem is once it actually boots, my comp screen goes black. Maybe some sort of gfx driver thing.

I basically installed with all the default stuff the iAKTOS had set from the begining

I did add the AHCI fix, and the x86 ACPI fix. NVDarwin for gfx. R1000 for ethernet. 9.5.0 voodoo kernel

Well after installing iATKOS v7, I've arrived at this message in the boot up screen

InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce

I did try the suggestions in post#2 and then booting with -v -f but none of it seemed to have any effect. I also tried disabling my onboard Lan in the bios, but this also has had no effect. I also tried booting with -cpus=1 maxmem=2048 but none of this matters.

But what happens is I thought originally it was just freezing at this boot screen. But really if you let it sit there for a couple of minutes it does eventually boot up (I think). The problem is once it actually boots, my comp screen goes black. Maybe some sort of gfx driver thing.

I basically installed with all the default stuff the iAKTOS had set from the begining

I did add the AHCI fix, and the x86 ACPI fix. NVDarwin for gfx. R1000 for ethernet. 9.5.0 voodoo kernel

Boot with -v -x and look at post #1 at the section about PCIClassMatching the nVidia graphics kexts.......

Dang, I edited all of those Info.Plist files from Post#1 but the screen still isn't showing up. Booting up with cpus=1 -v -f, I got the

InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiese

Booting with cpus=1 -v -f -x I get the additional

(Error) SyncInfo: Boot-cache avoidance timed out!

in addition to the previous two mentioned above.

So it still doin the original thing, eventually it boots up but then I have no screen. Any other options? I edited all of the files in single user mode since Im not able to actually login to the GUI system yet. Its all the same right?

Dang, I edited all of those Info.Plist files from Post#1 but the screen still isn't showing up. Booting up with cpus=1 -v -f, I got the

InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiese

Booting with cpus=1 -v -f -x I get the additional

(Error) SyncInfo: Boot-cache avoidance timed out!

in addition to the previous two mentioned above.

So it still doin the original thing, eventually it boots up but then I have no screen. Any other options? I edited all of the files in single user mode since Im not able to actually login to the GUI system yet. Its all the same right?

Try the following:

1. Swap your monitor cable connector to the other port on your graphics card if you can.....

and if no change, then

2. Boot with -s and at the prompt, type:

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*.kext
exit

Hey man so what you told me worked lol. I finally was able to get my mac to successfully boot in. (Im typing this on the mac right now).

Still having that problem with the long boot time cuz of the IOKit thing but Ill search it a bit I seen a bunch of threads on it lol.

But since I deleted all of my Gfx card driver kexts, it doesnt detect my card now (obviously lol). So am I supposed to use Mysticus's combo updates driver installs?

Edit: Actually I was looking in the About This Mac dialog, and it does know that im using an NVIDIA, just doesnt know nothing about it cuz theres no kexts but yea.

I'm trying it right now with both cores and it doesn't seem to be doing the overheating thing either. I downloaded a cpu thermometer program and the levels seem low. I haven't tried running any heavy programs yet tho.

Ha thanks for the help so far man, this computer hasn't seen mac since the day I flashed the bios lol.

Hey man so what you told me worked lol. I finally was able to get my mac to successfully boot in. (Im typing this on the mac right now).

Still having that problem with the long boot time cuz of the IOKit thing but Ill search it a bit I seen a bunch of threads on it lol.

But since I deleted all of my Gfx card driver kexts, it doesnt detect my card now (obviously lol). So am I supposed to use Mysticus's combo updates driver installs?

Edit: Actually I was looking in the About This Mac dialog, and it does know that im using an NVIDIA, just doesnt know nothing about it cuz theres no kexts but yea.

I'm trying it right now with both cores and it doesn't seem to be doing the overheating thing either. I downloaded a cpu thermometer program and the levels seem low. I haven't tried running any heavy programs yet tho.

Ha thanks for the help so far man, this computer hasn't seen mac since the day I flashed the bios lol.

I have PMd you..... :)

Im getting that infinite-loop problem when running the post script for the gfx.

####################################

Oct 25 09:36:36 duckmasters-imac runner[245]: postflight[286]: # nVidia Fix by Mysticus v.1.0 #

Oct 25 09:36:36 duckmasters-imac runner[245]: postflight[286]: # Script Based on mcsmart script #

Oct 25 09:36:36 duckmasters-imac runner[245]: postflight[286]:

Oct 25 09:36:36 duckmasters-imac runner[245]: postflight[286]: ####################################

Oct 25 09:36:36 duckmasters-imac runner[245]: postflight[286]: This script will will ADD All MISSING pieces!

Oct 25 09:36:36 duckmasters-imac runner[245]: postflight[286]: TERM environment variable not set.

Oct 25 09:36:36 duckmasters-imac runner[245]: postflight[286]: Invalid path, try it again!

Oct 25 09:36:36 duckmasters-imac runner[245]: postflight[286]: Invalid path, try it again!

I know your supposed to put updatefix.sh into the root directory or something but I didnt have that script in anything I downloaded. Could I just copy the files in manually?

Im getting that infinite-loop problem when running the post script for the gfx.

####################################

Oct 25 09:36:36 duckmasters-imac runner[245]: postflight[286]: # nVidia Fix by Mysticus v.1.0 #

Oct 25 09:36:36 duckmasters-imac runner[245]: postflight[286]: # Script Based on mcsmart script #

Oct 25 09:36:36 duckmasters-imac runner[245]: postflight[286]: ####################################

Oct 25 09:36:36 duckmasters-imac runner[245]: postflight[286]: This script will will ADD All MISSING pieces!

Oct 25 09:36:36 duckmasters-imac runner[245]: postflight[286]: TERM environment variable not set.

I know your supposed to put updatefix.sh into the root directory or something but I didnt have that script in anything I downloaded. Could I just copy the files in manually?

Here are fixed 10.5.6 kexts........try these.....

• 1 month later...

First of all, thanks for the great guide however I'm running into problems where I can't even boot into the installer. I have tried Kalyway 10.5.2 (which another user with the same board as me had success with), iAtkos v1 RC3 + EqUaTe + Bad Bios patch, iAtkos v7, and iPC 10.5.6. I have gotten the least amount of errors with iPC which could not boot because it could not locate my SATA drive ("still waiting for root device") even when booting with "rd=disk0s3". Here are my specs, I have patched my DSDT as well.

MSI P6N SLI Platinum (MS-7350)

nForce 650i chipset

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6400, 2 Cores, 2.13GHz

SATA DVDRW: 1 Sony Opiarc; PATA DVDRW: 1 LG Disk Drive

1 SATA Western Digital Caviar WD50, Non-Raid, 500GB

Multi-OS Triple Partition:

Windows XP Professional SP3 (160GB), Windows 7 Professional (170GB), & Empty Partition (170GB). Would like to triple boot.

EVGA GeForce 9800GT, 1GB VRAM

1 PCI-E card: Graphics

LAN: Realtek RTL8211BL, Audio: Realtek ALC888, USB 2.0 – 6 Ports, 0 eSATA, 1 Firewire port

I'm rebooting to take photos of my BIOS settings and will upload directly after.

-S

I'm rebooting to take photos of my BIOS settings and will upload directly after.

-S

OK

Ahh I completely forgot to upload them, sorry to leave you hanging like that. Here are the photos.

Additionally, HPET is enabled.

Thanks again for the help.

Set RAID mode to AHCI if that is an option.....otherwise try with Intel EIST, IDE Bus Master, Restore on AC Power Loss, E-SATA set to [Disabled] in turn....

Set RAID mode to AHCI if that is an option.....otherwise try with Intel EIST, IDE Bus Master, Restore on AC Power Loss, E-SATA set to [Disabled] in turn....

No luck there, I still get the "Still waiting for root device" line and prior to that a line to the effect of "Searching for device d0s3"

No luck there, I still get the "Still waiting for root device" line and prior to that a line to the effect of "Searching for device d0s3"

Try with Firewire (IEEE1394a) disabled in BIOS.......also, I presume you have installed OS X to a primary partition.......

Try with Firewire (IEEE1394a) disabled in BIOS.......also, I presume you have installed OS X to a primary partition.......

I haven't been able to boot into an installer yet. This error blocks me every time but d0s3 points toward a primary/active partition.

I haven't been able to boot into an installer yet. This error blocks me every time but d0s3 points toward a primary/active partition.

In that case, disconnect the SATA DVDRW and connect the SATA HDD on SATA 1 and use the IDE DVDRW as Master.......then see if you can boot into the installer on the DVD distro.......

Hi.....BOSS

i'm pissed off with this error.....baught new SATA DVD ROM, Changed MOBO, now thinking of whole PC :wacko:

"Waiting on UUID....."

tried diffrent Distros- LeoToH 10.5/ iPC OSx86 Universal 10.5.6 (PPF5)/ SnowLeo 10.6.2 _Hazard.. all same situation, stcued after-

"ACPI System State (s3)

BSM auditing Present

Waiting for Root with uuid....

waiting on uuid...."

My Spec are as followed:

1. MOBO brand and model: e.g. Intel DG43NB G43/45 Expresschipset

2. Your nForce Series 5 or 6 chipset: i.e. unknown

3. Your Intel CPU: Model, Core Quantity, Stock Speed and if Overclocked to what speed..... e.g. Intel Pentium CPU E5300, 2 cores, 2.6GHz

4. Screen shots of your current BIOS settings if at all possible (as very helpful and in some/many cases essential.....)

5. Your DVDRW(s): TYPE - SATA / PATA [iDE], Both (Sata Active)

6. Your hard drive(s): TYPE - SATA / PATA [iDE], 2 - set as AHCHI, SIZE (i.e. capacity 320GBSlave/20GBPrimary)......

7. Hard drive PARTITION/FORMATTING: -320 GB windows 7 installed, 20GB (IDE) HFS+ Broken OSx

8. Current OS's installed: Full details i.e. windows 7 installed, OS x Duel boot desire

9. graphics card(s): Brand, Model No., RAM, - Built in X4500 / RAM 2GB 800MHz (Transcend)

10. PCI/PCI-E cards fitted:NO e.g.1 USB (Creative Live Optia WebCam).

11. Onboard devices/functions: Audio chipset (ALC880vc), LAN chipset(82567-v), Firewire (1 ports), USB 1.1 or 2.0 (12 ports)

any help will be highly appreciated, biting my nails since last 4 days :)

thanks in advance

Hi.....BOSS

i'm pissed off with this error.....baught new SATA DVD ROM, Changed MOBO, now thinking of whole PC :D

"Waiting on UUID....."

tried diffrent Distros- LeoToH 10.5/ iPC OSx86 Universal 10.5.6 (PPF5)/ SnowLeo 10.6.2 _Hazard.. all same situation, stcued after-

"ACPI System State (s3)

BSM auditing Present

Waiting for Root with uuid....

waiting on uuid...."

My Spec are as followed:

1. MOBO brand and model: e.g. Intel DG43NB G43/45 Expresschipset

2. Your nForce Series 5 or 6 chipset: i.e. unknown

3. Your Intel CPU: Model, Core Quantity, Stock Speed and if Overclocked to what speed..... e.g. Intel Pentium CPU E5300, 2 cores, 2.6GHz

4. Screen shots of your current BIOS settings if at all possible (as very helpful and in some/many cases essential.....)

5. Your DVDRW(s): TYPE - SATA / PATA [iDE], Both (Sata Active)

6. Your hard drive(s): TYPE - SATA / PATA [iDE], 2 - set as AHCHI, SIZE (i.e. capacity 320GBSlave/20GBPrimary)......

7. Hard drive PARTITION/FORMATTING: -320 GB windows 7 installed, 20GB (IDE) HFS+ Broken OSx

8. Current OS's installed: Full details i.e. windows 7 installed, OS x Duel boot desire

9. graphics card(s): Brand, Model No., RAM, - Built in X4500 / RAM 2GB 800MHz (Transcend)

10. PCI/PCI-E cards fitted:NO e.g.1 USB (Creative Live Optia WebCam).

11. Onboard devices/functions: Audio chipset (ALC880vc), LAN chipset(82567-v), Firewire (1 ports), USB 1.1 or 2.0 (12 ports)

any help will be highly appreciated, biting my nails since last 4 days :P

thanks in advance

Sorry but I can no longer be of much help to you as you now have a Intel DG43NB G43/45 Express chipset MOBO not a nForce chipset MOBO like I have........however this thread may get you sorted......

Same results as before

You probably need a modified BIOS for your MSI P6N SLI Platinum (MS-7350) MOBO.......see here..... :)

My Computer Details:

My computer is Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (32-bit),

Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz, 2500 Mhz

ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P ATA Device

NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i - ASUSTeK Computer P5N73-AM* MotherBoard (Bios are the latest version out for my model)

ST350******* ATA Device - HDD 500GB - Partioned (for now) as follows

• 100GB - Windows Seven, Computer Drive (C:)
  • 270GB - My Files/Documents - Windows
  • 100GB - Left aside for Mac - planning to take more to portion as explained in your thread.

And The Instructions are MMX, SSE(1, 2, 3, 3S), EM64T.

I have succesfully installed Mac Os X Kalyway v10.5.2 on a computer with he above specs. Installation was smooth apar from the fact that my win seven cd decided to fk around on me, so I ended up installing xp on my computer, and when I went to repair that, it asks for a password I didn't know, so I basically installed mac on my win hdd then made a new partion for windows whilst re re re installing win xp:) I now attempt to re install win seven before installng Gparted or sum program of that type and finally using Mac.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

For those using, or thinking of using, Snow Leopard, this link on the things removed from Snow Leopard versus Leopard may be of interest........

Cheers

verdant

1. Your MOBO brand and model: Asus P5N-32E SLI 650i

2. Your nForce Series 5 or 6 chipset: 650i

3. Your Intel CPU: Model, Core Quantity, Stock Speed and if Overclocked to what speed..... e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz

5. Your DVDRW(s): IDE DVDRW

6. Your hard drive(s): 2x 150GB SATA HDD's in RAID0

7. Hard drive PARTITION/FORMATTING: Just has W7 installed at the moment. Will want to dual boot OSX & W7 with clean installs of both

8. Current OS's installed: See above

9. Your graphics card(s): XFX 8800GTS 640mb

10. PCI/PCI-E cards fitted: e.g. Linksys WMP54G Wireless Card, Creative Xtreme Gamer Soundcard

11. Onboard devices/functions: Standard setup for P5N-E SLI

B. Full details of your current OSx86 install status

1. Your available OSx86 Install DVD(s) - Name, Leopard version, Release version: Retail 10.5.6

2. Clear description of the problems you encountered when trying to install....with boot screen images showing error messages observed.......if at all possible (as very helpful and in some cases essential.....)

So i've got OSX 10.5.6 Retail and BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.

Disable 1394 and the JSata (think thats what its called)

Popped in Boot 132 and let it load

Swapped the disc to OSX

Typed "-v -f cpus=1"

Typed it again

Hit F8

And then I get stuck with "Still waiting for root device"

I've searched and searched and it seems that it isn't recognising my SATA controller even though I thought it was packaged with the BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY package.

I have 2x 150gb SATA HDD's in RAID0 and an IDE DVD drive

1. Your MOBO brand and model: Asus P5N-32E SLI 650i

2. Your nForce Series 5 or 6 chipset: 650i

3. Your Intel CPU: Model, Core Quantity, Stock Speed and if Overclocked to what speed..... e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz

5. Your DVDRW(s): IDE DVDRW

6. Your hard drive(s): 2x 150GB SATA HDD's in RAID0

7. Hard drive PARTITION/FORMATTING: Just has W7 installed at the moment. Will want to dual boot OSX & W7 with clean installs of both

8. Current OS's installed: See above

9. Your graphics card(s): XFX 8800GTS 640mb

10. PCI/PCI-E cards fitted: e.g. Linksys WMP54G Wireless Card, Creative Xtreme Gamer Soundcard

11. Onboard devices/functions: Standard setup for P5N-E SLI

B. Full details of your current OSx86 install status

1. Your available OSx86 Install DVD(s) - Name, Leopard version, Release version: Retail 10.5.6

2. Clear description of the problems you encountered when trying to install....with boot screen images showing error messages observed.......if at all possible (as very helpful and in some cases essential.....)

So i've got OSX 10.5.6 Retail and BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.

Disable 1394 and the JSata (think thats what its called)

Popped in Boot 132 and let it load

Swapped the disc to OSX

Typed "-v -f cpus=1"

Typed it again

Hit F8

And then I get stuck with "Still waiting for root device"

I've searched and searched and it seems that it isn't recognising my SATA controller even though I thought it was packaged with the BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY package.

I have 2x 150gb SATA HDD's in RAID0 and an IDE DVD drive

AFIK with OS X you cannot use MOBO software RAID (i.e. fake-hardware RAID via BIOS RAID)........although hardware RAID using a RAID PCI-E card should hopefully work as there are driver kexts for Silicon Image Sil3124 and Sil3132 chipset eSATA RAID PCI/PCI-E cards.....see post #1 for the BIOS settings template for 650i chipset too........