Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs - REBORN

verdant

468 posts in this topic

I only copied a keyboard layout in the keyboard layout folder.

Installing a keyboard layout in a user folder [~Library/Keyboard Layouts folder] reduces the risk of damage to a system compared with putting it in Library/Keyboard Layouts folder for all users......

What keyboard layout are you wanting?

I put "Français pc.keylayout" in my user/Library/Keyboard Layouts folder.

It's a French layout keyboard. Usually it worked fine with my other Hachintosh.

This layout work fine.

I solved my issue.

I set back to English in International, so the Modified Key window appear. Then, I switch back to French. ;)

Thanks to answer to my question! :) :)

I put "Français pc.keylayout" in my user/Library/Keyboard Layouts folder.

It's a French layout keyboard. Usually it worked fine with my other Hachintosh.

This layout work fine.

I solved my issue.

I set back to English in International, so the Modified Key window appear. Then, I switch back to French. :(

Thanks to answer to my question! :P:o

Glad to help..... :wacko:

Short version:

It seems clear that I do not have the correct kext or kernel or driver for either PATA or SATA for my nForce 630i MoBo. I have a drive that boots OSx86 when connected via USB, but only gives “Still waiting for Root device” when connected via PATA.

Longer version:

All of my hardware works perfectly when I was previously using Fedora Linux.

I was unable to boot the iPC 10.5.6 final DVD from the SATA optical drive in my PC due to the “Still waiting for Root device” error.

I removed the PATA HD from that PC, and connected it to my Apple laptop with a PATA to USB converter kit.

I was able to successfully install 10.5.6 on the drive.

When I plug that HD into my PC using the USB converter kit, it boots! It works (almost) perfectly (I have no sound, but that is a problem for another day).

When I plug that same HD into the same PC using its native IDE/PATA cable, I only get the dreaded “Still waiting for Root device” problem.

When I boot from the HD as a USB drive, it does not see the SATA optical drive.

Apparently, the AppleNForce ATA driver that I installed from the iPC disk is not working.

I have spent days reading everything I can find on Google about iPC and my nForce chipset. It seems that the version of iPC OSx86 that I have is the best option. But clearly I’m missing something. Does anybody have a working install of iPC on a 630i MoBo? Does anybody have any ideas of other chipset drivers to try? Thanks in advance for any help. The details are below.

Here is what I installed:

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3

kernel: 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

chipset driver: AppleNForce ATA nForce Drivers

USB driver: Patched USB Drivers

Fixes & Patches: Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5

Apple SMBIOS Patch: AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev 3 Mac Pro

Applications: All but Marvin’s AMD Utility

Here are some things that I tried:

I have tried every possible setting of IDE vs RAID vs AHCI in the BIOS. All are the same. It can boot from the drive when it is USB, but it can’t boot from the same drive when it is PATA.

I have tried any number of flags and options in the Chameleon boot loader, including �"v �"f cpus=1 maxmem=3072. No help there.

I have tried using different IDE cables to connect the HD as either a slave or master and using jumpers to activate cable select or not. No effect.

I have tried including or removing the SATA optical drive and a SATA hard drive and all the permutations of the BIOS, but still no effect.

Here is my setup:

1. MOBO: Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H

2. Chipset: nForce 630i

3. CPU: Intel Celeron 430 (1.8 GHz) single core (not OCd)

4. BIOS: I started out following Verdant’s Pre_Series7_nForce_Chipset_BIOS_SettingsV2.pdf

I have also tried every possible combination of IDE vs RAID vs AHCI settings for the HDDs.

5. DVDRW: 1ea DVD-RW SATA drive

6. HDD: 1ea 180 GB PATA/IDE Seagate HD. Not a RAID. (Although I tried that setting in the BIOS just for the hell of it).

7. HD PARTITION/FORMATTING: This hard drive can be used completely for OSx86. Currently I have it partitioned into 3x 10 GB HFS+ partitions (with journaling) and 1x 20 GB FAT32 partition using a MBR.

8. Current OS's installed: I have a completely working installation of Fedora Linux 10 on a different (SATA) HD that I can add in or not as the needed. Ultimately, I plan to dual boot, but that is a problem for later. Right now, I just want to get OSx86 working on the dedicated PATA HD.

9. Your graphics card(s): 1- On board nVidia GeForce 7100 with 256 MB of shared memory.

2-PCI-E16 nVidia GeForce 6200LE with 256 MB of dedicated memory

10. PCI/PCI-E cards: 1-The above mentioned PCI-E graphics card

2-1xHauppauge PVR-150 MPEG2 capture card

11. Onboard devices/functions: 1-Audio chipset: Realtek ALC889A

2-LAN chipset: Realtek RTL 8211B

3-Firewire: 1 on back panel

4-USB 2.0: 4 on back panel

5-eSATA: 1 3Gb/s on back panel

12. OSx86 Install DVD(s):

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal 10.5.6 PPF5 Final Release

patched with V1.1 PPF (nForce) and unpatched

Your Gigabyte MOBO nForce 630i chipset is AHCI compliant.....see post #2......

Run DPCIManager or use OSx86Tools to find your SATA and IDE controller device IDs....

Set AHCI mode in BIOS, then install Chameleon 2.0 RC2 and rename AppleNForceATA.kext in the PATA HDD /System/Library/Extensions/ directory to AppleNForceATA.kext.bad.....and then reboot with -v -f......see what happens.....you may also need other Apple SATA/IDE kext(s) depending on your SATA and IDE controller device IDs....

Your Gigabyte MOBO nForce 630i chipset is AHCI compliant.....see post #2......

Run DPCIManager or use OSx86Tools to find your SATA and IDE controller device IDs....

Set AHCI mode in BIOS, then install Chameleon 2.0 RC2 and rename AppleNForceATA.kext in the PATA HDD /System/Library/Extensions/ directory to AppleNForceATA.kext.bad.....and then reboot with -v -f......see what happens.....you may also need other Apple SATA/IDE kext(s) depending on your SATA and IDE controller device IDs....

Woot!!! I got it working!!!

I did as you suggested, and confirmed that my 630i MoBo is AHCI compliant and that AHCI was enabled in the bios. I looked up my SATA and IDE device IDs. I read up on them a lot, and re-read post #2. I then spent (wasted) a great deal of time trying to find, or at least modify, an AppleNForceATA.kext file that would work for me. From post #2, it seems that the one in iATKOS v7 works. Finally, I gave up on iPC and tried iATKOS. That did the trick. It worked right away. I still can't boot from the iATKOS DVD, but my trick of removing the HDD and plugging it into my Apple laptop with an IDE to USB converter worked perfectly. I was able to install without a hitch, and the new installation boots from the internal IDE cable. I even have sound working now.

Thanks a lot for your help, Verdant! Are you busy installing Snow Leopard?

Woot!!! I got it working!!!

I did as you suggested, and confirmed that my 630i MoBo is AHCI compliant and that AHCI was enabled in the bios. I looked up my SATA and IDE device IDs. I read up on them a lot, and re-read post #2. I then spent (wasted) a great deal of time trying to find, or at least modify, an AppleNForceATA.kext file that would work for me. From post #2, it seems that the one in iATKOS v7 works. Finally, I gave up on iPC and tried iATKOS. That did the trick. It worked right away. I still can't boot from the iATKOS DVD, but my trick of removing the HDD and plugging it into my Apple laptop with an IDE to USB converter worked perfectly. I was able to install without a hitch, and the new installation boots from the internal IDE cable. I even have sound working now.

Thanks a lot for your help, Verdant! Are you busy installing Snow Leopard?

Glad to help........ :)

It was not clear from your post what chipset driver(s) you chose under System -> SATA/IDE in iATKOSv7......please clarify so as to help other readers with a 630i or 610i MOBO......Thanks

I will be working with Snow Leopard as soon as the Retail DVD arrives in the post....... :(

Glad to help........ :P

It was not clear from your post what chipset driver(s) you chose under System -> SATA/IDE in iATKOSv7......please clarify so as to help other readers with a 630i or 610i MOBO......Thanks

I will be working with Snow Leopard as soon as the Retail DVD arrives in the post....... ;)

I installed using the iATKOS v7 (10.5.7) DVD:

iATKOS v7 Main System

Chameleon v2 boot loader

/Extra directory

DSDT (but I have since read that I may not need this)

Apple Decrypt

Vanilla Kernel (But I will try Voodoo 9.7.0 next time. There is some weirdness with my drives.)

Disabler

EFI string for nVidia

Drivers:

SATA/IDE

AHCI

Generic IDE

USB

Voodoo HDA driver

nForce Ethernet

Post Install Actions

Reposting here ...

Hi All,

I have some questions regrading installing hackintosh on Asus Striker II formula 680i SLI mobo.

I have tried installing iAtkos v 10.5.2 but it will not work, below are some of the symptoms

1.0 It will not recognise my HDD

2.0 Will keep coming up with reboot screen

3.0 Will not let me format the HDD (error erasing data failed)

Note that each time different issue

Here are the computer specs

1.0 Asus Striker II formula 680i SLI mobo.

2.0 Q6600 CPU

3.0 4GB G-skill RAM

4.0 150 GB HDD WD SATA

5.0 GTX 260 Ge Force 896mb

6.0 SATA DVD ROM/writer

I have used the same DVD to install hackintosh on a Asus P5K mobo and that worked fine.

I have also changes some of the bios settings but nothing made any difference

Can anyone tell me what can I do to make this work on a Asus Striker II formula 680i SLI mobo. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Please let me know what more info you want from I will try my best to provide you them. Thank you so much for looking into this you dont know how many sleepiness night I gone through trying to install this I even tried this yesterday with Iatkos V7 that didnt work either also tried to follow this bios settings [^index.pdf] even though my mobo bios setting is not there but I thought since they are all sli it should work ?

Thanks agian

index.pdf

Reposting here ...

Hi All,

I have some questions regrading installing hackintosh on Asus Striker II formula 680i SLI mobo.

I have tried installing iAtkos v 10.5.2 but it will not work, below are some of the symptoms

1.0 It will not recognise my HDD

2.0 Will keep coming up with reboot screen

3.0 Will not let me format the HDD (error erasing data failed)

Note that each time different issue

Here are the computer specs

1.0 Asus Striker II formula 680i SLI mobo.

2.0 Q6600 CPU

3.0 4GB G-skill RAM

4.0 150 GB HDD WD SATA

5.0 GTX 260 Ge Force 896mb

6.0 SATA DVD ROM/writer

I have used the same DVD to install hackintosh on a Asus P5K mobo and that worked fine.

I have also changes some of the bios settings but nothing made any difference

Can anyone tell me what can I do to make this work on a Asus Striker II formula 680i SLI mobo. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Please let me know what more info you want from I will try my best to provide you them. Thank you so much for looking into this you dont know how many sleepiness night I gone through trying to install this I even tried this yesterday with Iatkos V7 that didnt work either also tried to follow this bios settings [^index.pdf] even though my mobo bios setting is not there but I thought since they are all sli it should work ?

Thanks agian

I assume you have read all of post #1 in this Pre-Series 7 thread.......680i BIOS settings are there for downloading..... :D

To boot OS X you need primary partition simply formatted as FAT32 or NTFS (OS X does not recognise unallocated space on a HDD) which OS X can recognise......then use Disk Utility to partition/format your OS X volume as MBR/HFS+ as MBR cause fewer issues than GPT for most general users.....

BUT can you boot from the iATKOS Install DVD without getting the "still waiting for root device error"?

While iATKOS v2.0i Leopard 10.5.2 can be used, I recommend Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 or iPC 10.5.6 Final v1.1.......but be aware your SATA DVDRW may have problems booting the OS X Install DVD......

10.5.7 or 10.5.8 may cause sleep issues with your MOBO chipset with the Voodoo kernel.....they presently are doing so on my 650i chipset MOBO......

You should initially install OS X without choosing a video, network and audio driver in the Customize menu and should not choose a vanilla kernel.......you need to choose Sleepkernel 9.2.0, Stage XNU 9.4.0 or Voodoo 9.5.0 or Voodoo 9.7.0 depending on your distro.......see my blog install guides.......

For iATKOSv7 try:

iATKOS Main system.

Bootloader: Chameleon v2

/Extra directory

DSDT (Only needed if you have to use cpus=1 to boot the OS X install DVD)

Decrypters: Appledecrypt

Kernels: 9.7.0 Voodoo kernel.

Disabler

OHR

System: SATA/IDE drivers: nForce SATA/IDE

USB

NTFS-3G (for NTFS read/write by OS X)

Languages (Your choice)

Post-Install Actions

1. Your MOBO brand and model: e.g. ASUS P5N-E SLI

2. Your nForce Series 5 or 6 chipset: nForce 650i SLI SPP

3. Your Intel CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 2 cores, 2.0Ghz stock

4. Screen shots of your current BIOS settings if at all possible (as very helpful and in some/many cases essential.....)

5. Your DVDRW(s): 1x DVD IDE

6. Your hard drive(s): Disk 0: Seagate 160GB SATA, Disc 1: Seagate 80GB SATA

7. Hard drive PARTITION/FORMATTING: Disc 0: No partitions - [C:\] (NTFS), Disc 1: 40GB Partitions [D:\, E:\] (NTFS)

8. Current OS's installed: C:\ Windows XP, D:\ Windows 7

9. Your graphics card(s): 2x nVidia GeForce 8600GT, 512MB DDR2, SLi

10. PCI/PCI-E cards fitted: 1x USB card

11. Onboard devices/functions: nVidia nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet, Realtek High Definition Audio (Audio Codec: ALC883), LAN chipset, 1x Firewire (Seldom use), 8x USB 2.0

1. Your available OSx86 Install DVD(s): iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 (with and without nForce patch)

2. Clear description of the problems you encountered when trying to install....:

Installed using the above version. I selected to install 'some' drivers that sounded/looked right, but unsure. System installed anyway.But It wouldn't run OS X prompted me to restart displaying the kernel panic screen.

MacOSX_kernel_panic.png

1. Your MOBO brand and model: e.g. ASUS P5N-E SLI

2. Your nForce Series 5 or 6 chipset: nForce 650i SLI SPP

3. Your Intel CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 2 cores, 2.0Ghz stock

4. Screen shots of your current BIOS settings if at all possible (as very helpful and in some/many cases essential.....)

5. Your DVDRW(s): 1x DVD IDE

6. Your hard drive(s): Disk 0: Seagate 160GB SATA, Disc 1: Seagate 80GB SATA

7. Hard drive PARTITION/FORMATTING: Disc 0: No partitions - [C:\] (NTFS), Disc 1: 40GB Partitions [D:\, E:\] (NTFS)

8. Current OS's installed: C:\ Windows XP, D:\ Windows 7

9. Your graphics card(s): 2x nVidia GeForce 8600GT, 512MB DDR2, SLi

10. PCI/PCI-E cards fitted: 1x USB card

11. Onboard devices/functions: nVidia nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet, Realtek High Definition Audio (Audio Codec: ALC883), LAN chipset, 1x Firewire (Seldom use), 8x USB 2.0

1. Your available OSx86 Install DVD(s): iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 (with and without nForce patch)

2. Clear description of the problems you encountered when trying to install....:

Installed using the above version. I selected to install 'some' drivers that sounded/looked right, but unsure. System installed anyway.But It wouldn't run OS X prompted me to restart displaying the kernel panic screen.

MacOSX_kernel_panic.png

With iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3, in Customize choose as follows:

• AMD Patch No

Audio:

• ALC662

• ALC850

• ALC861

• ALC882

• ALC883

• ALC883 AppleHDA Patch by Taruga Yes

• ALC888

• ALC888 AppleHDA Patch by Taruga

• ALC889

• ADI1988

• AppleAzaliaAudio

• AC97Audio

• Sigmatel 9200 - Inspirion 9400

• STAC9271

Chipset:

• AppleNForceATA Yes

• AppleNForceATA Test

• MCP67

• ICHx Fixed

• JMicronATA

• SAS

• SiliconImage

• VIA-SB

Kernel:

• 9.5.0 Vanilla (Intel/SSE3)

• 9.4.0 StageXNU (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3) Yes

• 9.2.0 Sleep (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

• 9.2.0 SpeedStep (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

• 9.2.2 SSE3 (Intel/AMD/SSE3)

Network: None

Fix:

• ACPI-Fix

• Cpus=1-Fix

• AppleSMBIOS

AppleSMBIOS OLD Version 1.0.1

AppleSMBIOS 667

AppleSMBIOS 800

AppleSMBIOS 1066

AppleSMBIOS 1333

AppleSMBIOS iMac

AppleSMBIOS MacBook

AppleSMBIOS Mac Pro Yes

Firewire Remove

IOUSBFamilyFix

PowerManagement

PowerOff_Fix

Video: None

Applications: Your choice but suggested as shown (but check for updates too online)

• Adium

• ASU

BetterZip

• Colloquy

• Firefox 3.0.1

Kext Helper

Menu Meters

Onyx

OSx86 Tools

Pacifist

• Temperature Monitor

• Transmission

VLC

• xBench

MORE INFO: See post #1 in this thread for kernel update to Voodoo 9.5.0 and AppleNforceATA and nForceLAN 0.62.13n kext installation......after you have the basic OS X install working.....

With iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3, in Customize choose as follows:

• AMD Patch No

Audio:

• ALC662

• ALC850

• ALC861

• ALC882

• ALC883

• ALC883 AppleHDA Patch by Taruga Yes

• ALC888

• ALC888 AppleHDA Patch by Taruga

• ALC889

• ADI1988

• AppleAzaliaAudio

• AC97Audio

• Sigmatel 9200 - Inspirion 9400

• STAC9271

Chipset:

• AppleNForceATA Yes

• AppleNForceATA Test

• MCP67

• ICHx Fixed

• JMicronATA

• SAS

• SiliconImage

• VIA-SB

Kernel:

• 9.5.0 Vanilla (Intel/SSE3)

• 9.4.0 StageXNU (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3) Yes

• 9.2.0 Sleep (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

• 9.2.0 SpeedStep (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

• 9.2.2 SSE3 (Intel/AMD/SSE3)

Network: None

Fix:

• ACPI-Fix

• Cpus=1-Fix

• AppleSMBIOS

AppleSMBIOS OLD Version 1.0.1

AppleSMBIOS 667

AppleSMBIOS 800

AppleSMBIOS 1066

AppleSMBIOS 1333

AppleSMBIOS iMac

AppleSMBIOS MacBook

AppleSMBIOS Mac Pro Yes

Firewire Remove

IOUSBFamilyFix

PowerManagement

PowerOff_Fix

Video: None

Applications: Your choice but suggested as shown (but check for updates too online)

• Adium

• ASU

BetterZip

• Colloquy

• Firefox 3.0.1

Kext Helper

Menu Meters

Onyx

OSx86 Tools

Pacifist

• Temperature Monitor

• Transmission

VLC

• xBench

MORE INFO: See post #1 in this thread for kernel update to Voodoo 9.5.0 and AppleNforceATA and nForceLAN 0.62.13n kext installation......after you have the basic OS X install working.....

Installed as stated above.

After a while, Apple screen comes on:

mac_os_x_boot_screen.jpg

Spinny thing spins for a while, then monitor loses signal, and does nothing. Computer remains on (no reboot) but does nothing.

Should I have installed one of the video drivers?

Also, is there a way to triple boot? Right now I have to change HDD boot sequence everytime I want to switch between Windows and Mac OS

Installed as stated above.

After a while, Apple screen comes on:

mac_os_x_boot_screen.jpg

Spinny thing spins for a while, then monitor loses signal, and does nothing. Computer remains on (no reboot) but does nothing.

Should I have installed one of the video drivers?

Also, is there a way to triple boot? Right now I have to change HDD boot sequence everytime I want to switch between Windows and Mac OS

1. No, first temporarily remove 1 GFX card (OS X does not support SLI bridge mode AFAIK).....later on you may be able to get both GFX cards running under OS X.....

2. Then reboot with -v -f and report what happens.....if the boot screen freezes post a screenshot of the error messages and/or any kernel panic.....

3. How much MOBO RAM do you have installed.....?

4. What three OS's are you triple booting......OS X plus 2 Windows.....or OS X, Windows, Linux etc.?

1. No, first temporarily remove 1 GFX card (OS X does not support SLI bridge mode AFAIK).....later on you may be able to get both GFX cards running under OS X.....

2. Then reboot with -v -f and report what happens.....if the boot screen freezes post a screenshot of the error messages and/or any kernel panic.....

3. How much MOBO RAM do you have installed.....?

4. What three OS's are you triple booting......OS X plus 2 Windows.....or OS X, Windows, Linux etc.?

Removed SLi bridge and 2nd Graphics Card

Rebooted with -v -f. But same outcome as previously described. Black screen.

2GB RAM is plugged in

And by triple I meant OS X plus 2 Windows

Thanks

Removed SLi bridge and 2nd Graphics Card

Rebooted with -v -f. But same outcome as previously described. Black screen.

2GB RAM is plugged in

And by triple I meant OS X plus 2 Windows

Thanks

In Windows install EasyBCD 1.7.2 or 2.0 Beta (if Windows 7) and in OS X install Chameleon 2.0 RC2.......

You should see some white text on the screen normally as the boot process occurs and then freezes....not totally black.......?

Yeah, I couldn't screenshot them so I had to take some photos LOL

I missed a few lines just before the screen flicked to black.

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/9726/04092009129.jpg

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2595/04092009130.jpg

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/6024/04092009131.jpg

Hope they help!

Should I try other versions? iATKOS v7? iDeneb v1.5 / iDeneb v1.6?

Yeah, I couldn't screenshot them so I had to take some photos LOL

I missed a few lines just before the screen flicked to black.

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/9726/04092009129.jpg

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2595/04092009130.jpg

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/6024/04092009131.jpg

Hope they help!

Should I try other versions? iATKOS v7? iDeneb v1.5 / iDeneb v1.6?

Let me know what happens when you boot with -v -x......and when you temporarily remove your PCI USB card.......

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1839/040920091561.jpg

When I do -v -x.

Will try removal of PCI USB now.

If problem remains, then leave PCI USB card out temporarily......and let us eliminate any graphics issue by removing the loaded nVidia graphics kexts.....

Boot with -s and wait for the prompt ":/ root#" to appear, type each of the following lines, followed by pressing Enter and then wait for ":/ root#" to re-appear.....after typing exit booting should continue....

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*.kext
exit

If problem remains, then leave PCI USB card out temporarily......and let us eliminate any graphics issue by removing the loaded nVidia graphics kexts.....

Boot with -s and wait for the prompt ":/ root#" to appear, type each of the following lines, followed by pressing Enter and then wait for ":/ root#" to re-appear.....after typing exit booting should continue....

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*.kext
exit

Nice, that kinda did the trick.

So what's next? My current max resolution is 1024x768.

PS. Is it possible to upgrade to 10.5.7/10.5.8?

Nice, that kinda did the trick.

So what's next? My current max resolution is 1024x768.

Download the fixed 10.5.2 nVidia kexts here......ignore NVinject.kext as it is for 256MB.....but install the rest using Kext Helper b7.....and then run the NVdarwin 1.2.5 installer......choosing 512MB......

Hopefully this will sort out your video when using a single graphics card as a start..... :)

I would suggest updating only after everything is working 100% with iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5.....

If you still have graphics problems with these kexts.....I have uploaded fixed 10.5.5 kexts for you, which I suggest you use anyhow.....OK?

Downloaded the fixed 10.5.2 nVidia kexts, and installed with Kext Helper. But I did not see the NVinject.kext that you mentioned to ignore (there was GeForce.kext and Hal10, Hal20 etc. I then ran the NVdarwin 1.2.5 installer and chose to install for 8600 GT (there was no 512mb option for 8600 GT?)

That didn't seem to work, so I went ahead with the 10.5.5 kext installs. Did the same thing with Kext Helper, again did not see the NVinject.kext. But that didn't seem to work as well =(

Hi verdant, I went ahead and got a retail copy of Leopard - (Version 10.5 2Z691-6037-A) but every time i try to boot this DVD with Bootloader 132 it just keeps on restarting the machine since Intel PCs cannot read the leopard DVD it goes straight to windows7 which I have installed.

Can you please help me I kind of hit the brick wall I have followed exact bios setting to the book still i cant cannot get it to boot this retail dvd I have also tried with one of the hackintosh DVD which did work on my Asus P5k mobo but doesnt work with SLI mobo I know it is something to do with the kernal.

Also I am so sorry my mobo is not 680i instead it is 780i (I did follow the 780i bios settings from your other post). Is there any bootloader that I can use to boot this retail dvd and get this leopard installed.

Please help me I am really stuck with this sli mobo.

I even downloaded iATKOS_r3 nvidia version even that didnt work please guide me which version will definitely work even a boot loader will do.

No problem BUT please repost with your system details in my Series 7 thread......and delete your posts in this thread.......as my distinct nForce threads NEED to remain clear of confusion......I will try to help you once you have reposted..... :)

Downloaded the fixed 10.5.2 nVidia kexts, and installed with Kext Helper. But I did not see the NVinject.kext that you mentioned to ignore (there was GeForce.kext and Hal10, Hal20 etc. I then ran the NVdarwin 1.2.5 installer and chose to install for 8600 GT (there was no 512mb option for 8600 GT?)

That didn't seem to work, so I went ahead with the 10.5.5 kext installs. Did the same thing with Kext Helper, again did not see the NVinject.kext. But that didn't seem to work as well =(

Check that the 10.5.5 kexts are all present in /S/L/E/ and then run CoreVidia 1.1......it has 512MB option.....

Hey there! Sorry for the LONG read...

Mac osX has now become an obsession for me.... :(:wacko::wacko:

I 've had a really hard time trying to make ANY osX work.

Here are my Specs:

Mobo: ASUS P5N-MX (CHIPSET: NVIDIA GeForce 7050 /Southbridge: nForce 610i)

Intel CELERON-D 347 CPU 3.0 GHz with instructions: MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 EM64T

phoenix ACPI BIOS 802

128MB onboard gfx

2gig DDR-2 400MHz Hynix RAM

PATA 160GB + 40GB HDD

PATA DVD/RW..... i've just one ATA cable...thus the HDD & DVD/RW are on the same cable

I don't know if I have a jmicron controller or not...

I have tried the following distros, with their respective problems:

iATKOS V5i : installed OK but then STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE

iATKOS V7 : installed OK but then STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE

iDeneb v1.5 10.5.7 : installed OK but then STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE (during install i got error SAM MULTIMEDIA READ OR WRITE ERROR but the installer proceeded)

iPC_OSx86_10_5_6_Universal_PPF5_Final : cannot even boot the CD due to STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE

Kalyway 10.5.2 : cannot update system uuid

To solve the "STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE " I tried this:

1. played a LOT with jumpers and cables (u understand that....ryt).. no result

2. 2. Tried configuring the BIOS in ways listed here as well as according to the guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=167180, did a LOT of tinkering.. HUH...to no avail

2. tried a plethora of flags in all imaginable combinations: -v -f -x -s platform=x86PC platform=ACPI rd=diskXsY (with all values of X & Y) rd=diskX idehalt=0

3. tried patching the iPC iso with iPC_v1.1_PPF patch... but the DVD din't boot = AS USUAL :(

4. tried various kernels but not all : AppleNforceATA, AppleNforceATA_TEST, Vanilla, SleepKernel, Voodo

I've spent countless hours trying to resolve it and went through numerous guides... none to much avail. The mobo is compatible as detailed here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...178149&st=0 but its all on SATA/SATA. As far as I know IDE is rather more compatible.

Please help. I'll not let it go until I'm done with it. I've installed MANY times but never saw an APPLE screen beyond the grey one ...with a CROSS on it

Thanks for bearing with me.