Pre-made Chameleon Boot CD Like Boot-132

Darkone84

37 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Update:5/20/09 Removed ISO Due to a bug redoing The Disk and will repost onces it is done ;)

Note:If there are any bugs or problems let me know and I will fix them and reup the ISO

Yes I have Made A Chameleon Boot Cd Much Like the boot132 cd for Most Mainboards.May not work on all.Must be retail Ready.May also work On someLaptops and Netbooks

(Guide Here to make your Own CD http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=160234 thanks to sonotone!)

The kexts I used:

snapshot20090518164027.th.jpg

How to use:

Download and burn ISo to CD-R

Boot the CD

Once you get to boot Menu Eject the cd

Insert your Retail DVD

Press escape

when the DVD shows on Menu Select to Boot

Then Install Mac OS X

once rebooted place cd back into drive to use to boot OS X hard Drive

install Chameleon on your Install

Once you Have Mac installed Install chameleon to you hard drive(either to EFI Partiton or to boot drive)The find all the Drivers and Fixes you need and put the in your Extra Folder

Than You! ;)

Iso Attached Below

10.77MB uncompressed

thanks

What problem are you having?

Chevy

The boot-132 disc loads fine, but my Leo disc doesnt work at all. It constantly repeats a message similar to "error counting files in /System/Library/StartupItems"; Directory not found" or something like that. I know my disc is fine because i've used it before, but it just doesnt like to work with the boot-132 disc. I used the disc for my Ga-P35-DS3L from this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125438

• 2 weeks later...

When and if the disc gets fixed, what kernel does it use? Does it use the Voodoo 9.5 Kernel or the Vanilla Kernel? This would be an easy way to make it AMD-Compatible if you use the Voodoo Kernel.

• 4 weeks later...

This 132 boot disc works, at least for me. I´ve used it to do a complete installalation and also to boot from when I installed with a restored SL using my Leo 10.5.6. I installed to external USB harddrives though (Sata drives inside), haven´t tried directly to internal HDs but I can´t see why it should´nt work. First boot you hit enter when it ask if you wanna rescan media then escape swap discs then escape once more to see your SL disc. Next round to finnish the installation hit any key there NOT enter then F8 to be able to chose your harddrive to finnish the installation. To be able to boot without the 132 boot disc and tweak your install there´s a few more easy steps but this is not my thread don´t wanna get to far off topic.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/?showtopic=183406

My gear

GAEP45-DS3

Q6600

Sata HDs and DVD

• 7 months later...

Hey guys,

If any one of you have a copy of the original ISO that Darkone made, can you please let me know.

I think one of the kexts (maybe IOAudioFamily) he has on it is the key to getting sound working on my M17X. If anyone could send those kexts or tell me where to get them, I would be very thankful.