• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Darkone84

Darkone84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Update:5/20/09 Removed ISO Due to a bug redoing The Disk and will repost onces it is done ;)

Note:If there are any bugs or problems let me know and I will fix them and reup the ISO

Yes I have Made A Chameleon Boot Cd Much Like the boot132 cd for Most Mainboards.May not work on all.Must be retail Ready.May also work On someLaptops and Netbooks
(Guide Here to make your Own CD http://www.insanelym...howtopic=160234 thanks to sonotone!)
The kexts I used:
Posted Image

How to use:
Download and burn ISo to CD-R
Boot the CD
Once you get to boot Menu Eject the cd
Insert your Retail DVD
Press escape
when the DVD shows on Menu Select to Boot
Then Install Mac OS X
once rebooted place cd back into drive to use to boot OS X hard Drive
install Chameleon on your Install

Once you Have Mac installed Install chameleon to you hard drive(either to EFI Partiton or to boot drive)The find all the Drivers and Fixes you need and put the in your Extra Folder

Than You! ;)

Iso Attached Below
10.77MB uncompressed

Attached Files

vinlar

vinlar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Quick and perhaps stupid question... How do you install Chameleon if your new retail OS X installation is not bootable due to lack of Chameleon and required kernel extensions?

In the past I have installed Chameleon beta and now RC1 from a working OS X installation.

Darkone84

Darkone84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Quick and perhaps stupid question... How do you install Chameleon if your new retail OS X installation is not bootable due to lack of Chameleon and required kernel extensions?

In the past I have installed Chameleon beta and now RC1 from a working OS X installation.

opps Big step missed will correct!

well once you have os x install put the boot cd back in and use it to boot the Hard DRive then install Chameleon on to the hard drive from there,and your kexts and fixes to the extra folder then reboot and remove cd the if you installed chameleon correctly you should be able to boot it
:)

kirasir

kirasir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Extra, again Extra bad way.

Darkone84

Darkone84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

what do you mean do you have a better way to boot the RETAIL DVD then boot a untouched RETAIL Install and be able to update without ever having a problem.... with out have to use any hacks or scripts...this I think this is for the purely technical nOOB so they have no problems and then once thay learn their way around OS X then do what ever they want..

But personally I think it the best way until we figure out how to use UEFI natively on UEFI ready Motherboards...

Just my opinion and 2 cents

bs0d

bs0d

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

you are {censored} clueless.

DarkOne .. nice work congrats.

Darkone84

Darkone84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

you are {censored} clueless.

DarkOne .. nice work congrats.

Thank you only give me credit for the cd not how it was done or take from the others that actucly came up with this process

MGJulius

MGJulius

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Thank you only give me credit for the cd not how it was done or take from the others that actucly came up with this process

Omg there are competent people on this forum.....

Quick question though..does this use Chameleon 2.0 RC1 or Chameleon 1.0.12?

Darkone84

Darkone84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Omg there are competent people on this forum.....

Quick question though..does this use Chameleon 2.0 RC1 or Chameleon 1.0.12?

Chameleon 2.0 RC1

vinlar

vinlar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I can boot to the Chameleon disk selection screen, switch discs, and re-scan. Attempting to boot the Leopard disc causes a quick black screen then transitions right back to the Chameleon disk selection screen. Perhaps my hardware isn't supported? Motherboard is an Asus P5B Deluxe (P965 chipset with ICH8R controller. Also has JMicron controller, but my disks are not attached to those ports).

Darkone84

Darkone84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

I can boot to the Chameleon disk selection screen, switch discs, and re-scan. Attempting to boot the Leopard disc causes a quick black screen then transitions right back to the Chameleon disk selection screen. Perhaps my hardware isn't supported? Motherboard is an Asus P5B Deluxe (P965 chipset with ICH8R controller. Also has JMicron controller, but my disks are not attached to those ports).

From sonotone's Guide

Boot the Retail DVD:
When the bootloader ask you for rescan, press ENTER.
Go to boot options (f8), Swap disks, then press ESC to rescan drive. When the name of the DVD appears, press ENTER.

Boot Partitions:
When the bootloader ask you for rescan, press any key (not ENTER).
Go to Boot options (f8), then choose your partition.

If you get an instant reboot, turn your controller in AHCI mode.

Try that which you change AHCI Mode in your bios.. and also try to boot in verbose by selecting the DVD in the Boot menu and instead of pressing enter to boot press the Down Arrow key and then choose verbose boot to see what the kernle is doing that way we can see if there is something missing

Also do you have Execute Bit Enabled?

woytas

woytas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
What is the password of the attachment?

Vampirexx

Vampirexx

Cyborg Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Interests:Aikido, Ninpo/Ninjutsu, Rock n roll, Mac OS X
Please passowrd :P

User_01

User_01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Please passowrd :P

What password do you talking about...?...

Pietruszka

Pietruszka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hi,

loop restart...with this cd.... one disk with LEO and Vista partitions (GUID)....Chameleon 1.0.11 works...

any ideas??

thx for any help

p.s. great to check before install RC1 :(

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:At the moment, OSx86.. In general, music, audiophile, computers.. to much to mention...
I totally get the feeling that, Chameleon2 it's not supporting my chipset or something..??! at least for now.
Works pretty fine with HDs but, with DVDs i always get some cdboot lines (cdboot:init, etc..) and instant reboot. Either in AHCI or IDE modes, with this method (Sonotone guide) or INSTAHackintosh. I don't get to see the bootloader at all.
Hope the future will be brighter :)

timdafweak

timdafweak

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Seems very interesting indeed. Can't wait to give this a whirl. Cheers!

Darkone84

Darkone84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

What is the password of the attachment?

password?no pass...lol

and I will be doing some refineing to the iso so maybe will fix some of yalls problems

chevy2410

chevy2410

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
Ok, gave this a try and it doesn't do anything. I burn iso, rebooted with burned disc, disc booted and I got the Chameleon screen and then hit F8 key. I then swapped discs with my 10.5.6 retail disc, waited for me drive to stop spinning disc and then hit esc key, up popped my disc (which says Apple HFS+) I then hit enter to boot the disc and it just sits there. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I don't know. Check my sig for my system config.

Chevy

Darkone84

Darkone84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Ok, gave this a try and it doesn't do anything. I burn iso, rebooted with burned disc, disc booted and I got the Chameleon screen and then hit F8 key. I then swapped discs with my 10.5.6 retail disc, waited for me drive to stop spinning disc and then hit esc key, up popped my disc (which says Apple HFS+) I then hit enter to boot the disc and it just sits there. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I don't know. Check my sig for my system config.

Chevy

No There is a Bug In it I am trying to fix Now which I will update post when i Get The Bug Out...

This same thing has been happening on mine too since I was told about it then I tested and got same thing...so I am fixing it now....update when i get it done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy