rFactor?

raymondu999

19 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

We've tried rFactor once with Cider (it was the GTR2 cider version). We came into the game, but there was a problem with the profile-path. (rFactor always asked to create a driver profile, and when you did that, nothing happened) Maybe someone could try rFactor again with Cider. I would help.

• 2 weeks later...

ill try it in around 9 hrs from now using VMWare fusion.

Also, @Shambler, if u can get Vista/XP/whatever drivers for your G25, which wont be impossible, you can probably play it inside VMWare fusion as it is basically like running windows (a better version of Parallels).

I play an old game called Rally Masters with my Logitech Driving Force GT and it works fine, tho the game is so old theres no force feedback.

EDIT:

Heres my results:

Menu works, u can see the 3D car and everything no glitches.

Starting a race... works... BUT when the race starts, all u see is an epileptic white flashing screen.

EDIT2:

psshot.png

Just tried rFactor with Crossover 8.0 and it works.

Until now no messed up screens. After the rFactor installation you must copy the profile directory (UserData) from another existing rFactor windows installation, otherwise you have a blackscreen when you have to create a profile (but u can hear the sound ;-).

Some screens:

picture172h0.png

picture205s6.png

picture3y0ie.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

x0a,

i tried to install rFactor on my crossover 8 and i couldn't get it to work. the config program runs but seems to never save any settings. if i run it through the "run command" it saves the settings. rFactor on the other hand just opens up in a white blank window and stays that way. rFactor version i'm using is 1255.

how did you get it to work? any special installs? any dll overrides ? i'm on an mbpro using 10.5.7. thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've done limited testing running rFactor v1255 with Crossover Games 8. Following the rMactor guide available on Google Docs, the game loads fine and is playable. Framerate drops a bit when there are more than about 5 or 6 cars on screen, but it's still playable.

After this initial success, I tried out the G25. At first, not much good. I loaded the G25 config from within the settings screen. When I got to the car, this resulted in a car revving flat out in gear but wouldn't move. Steering wheel moved though, so a bit of promise.

I thought maybe I needed the G25 software loaded. Downloaded the latest XP package from the Logitech site and tried to install it into the same bottle that rFactor is in. Installer crashed every time. Downloaded the latest Win2K package from the Logitech site and tried that. Installed fine, but the software wouldn't detect the G25. Ah well, thought I'd give it a try anyway!

Back in rFactor, I went into settings and noticed control was still on Keyboard. Changed it to G25, and hey presto! Accelerator, brake and steering all worked properly. No force feedback yet, but maybe it wasn't turned on. I'll do some more testing and see what else can be made to work.

I'm not sure if loading the Logitech software had anything to do with it. I'll uninstall it from the bottle and see what happens.

EDIT:

Shifter doesn't work properly, clutch isn't recognised and no force feedback. The paddles on the wheel work fine for changing gear though. It appears that the clutch and shifter aren't natively supported in Leopard, so perhaps this is the cause of the trouble.

• 2 weeks later...