iDeneb Combo Upgrade KIT 10.5.7

93 posts in this topic

Ruined is not a symptom nor diagnosis. Post exactly what happens.

so... i get no errors when booting normally, it hangs on the grey boot screen. on the verbose mode i get "still waiting for boot device" error.

Hi, update didn´t worked for me :D

I had iDeneb 1.3 on the following system:

Motherboard: Asus P5QL Pro (P43, ICH10)

CPU: Intel C2Q Q9300 2,5ghz

HDD: IDE 250gb with IDE to SATA controller

Graphic: ATI Radeon HD 4870

A normal installation workes for me with Vanilla kernl. Audio/Ethernet etc. workes, but i want to install 10.5.7 for graphic support :(

After the Update iDeneb doesn´t boot anymore. It gets an kernel panic or something like this with vanilla. With voodoo it hangs on a other point. And with anv it restarts automaticly after a while.

With -v i get this message:

May 23 14:02:00 patrick-schneider.. ntpdate[75]: can´t find host time.euro.apple.com

May 23 14:02:00 patrick-schneider.. ntpdate[75]: no servers can be used, exiting

May 23 14:02:00 patrick-schneider.. mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-176.3 (Jan 27 2009 14:51:58) [34]: starting

May 23 14:02:00 patrick-schneider.. /usr/sbin/ocspd[82]: starting

230520091428.th.jpg

and then nothing.

Can anyone help me? Is there another way to get my graphic card working? Or update to 10.5.7? Whats about retail installation? How it works?

Thanks anyone!

Edit :

is the problem the macpro3,1 identifier? should i change it? if.. how?

If i install update without the kit the system freezes on 12% and then i get a kernel panic. I don´t update now and have installed a fix for my graphic.

But now i have a other problem:

My sound does not work, lol! before it worked.. ^_^

So what can we do with these startup problems.

I tried booting in safe mode to see if I could re install backed up drivers too no avail :(

When I boot up with -V it says something about "AppleNForceATA=0" and just hangs there and never

boots up.

Anyone know what this might be or if I can replace kernels without getting too the desktop.

So what can we do with these startup problems.

I tried booting in safe mode to see if I could re install backed up drivers too no avail :(

When I boot up with -V it says something about "AppleNForceATA=0" and just hangs there and never

boots up.

Anyone know what this might be or if I can replace kernels without getting too the desktop.

have you read "readme" file?

if you wuold start with another kernel start with flag: voodoo , avn or vanilla...

updated from iDeneb Combo Upgrade KIT 10.5.6 rev 1 to iDeneb Combo Upgrade KIT 10.5.7 on compaq mini 700

everything perfect exept video.booted in -x installed the patched kext for intel 950!!

where did you find the patched kext for the intel 950?

I tried this on my Aspire One and everything goes ok but after restart GMA kexts are lost so I go into safe mode (-x) and reinstall the needed kexts. When I restart it seems is gonna be allright but the screen gets all grey with random black lines and trackpad doesn't work.

Dude! Rescue your GMA950 kext first before updating to 10.5.7. pls go to POST INSTALLATION on this forum and find my guide.I think it can help you a lot.

cheers!

Both SATA drives are turned off at the end. Is there someone who has got similar problems or has an idea how to fix this?

Same here (chipset ICH9) , SATA controllers are turned off after upgrade. Root device is recognized, but system turn off disks (SATA controlers), before loading.

have you read "readme" file?

if you wuold start with another kernel start with flag: voodoo , avn or vanilla...

I tried booting with -voodoo, -avn and -vanilla..

None worked :)

What exactly does AppleNForceATA=0 actually mean?

Dude! Rescue your GMA950 kext first before updating to 10.5.7. pls go to POST INSTALLATION on this forum and find my guide.I think it can help you a lot.

cheers!

Hello.

How do you restore the GMA950 Kext ?

When I try to boot "-x", it always restart...

Please, help me, I'm really a newbie !!!

Regards.

Fabrice.

I installed the tool package checked v9.5.6 Voodoo kernel and Combo Upgrade KIT on my system below and after restart I typed voodoo and I got grey screen with apple logo.Then nothing.

How to fix this?

Try starting up with different kernel: type voodoo or anv at boot prompt.

I wound up doing just that; due to issues with the voodoo kernel (upgraded from iAtkos 51), I switched to AnV; after a kext refresh, the panics went away. (UNfortunately, the NForceSATA AHCI error message issue I had with 10.5.5 persists (ASUS P5N-EM HDMI, nForce 7100/630i chipset), as do the USB issues. The issues in those areas were NOT a result of the update; they just persist after it.) The PATA drives are fine (the install DVD drive and hack drives are PATA); it's the Windows drive (which is SATA) that I couldn't access from Leo (switching in the BIOS to AHCI fixed it, despite the AHCI bootup error messages). The USB issue I fixed with an old Belkin 4-port PCI USB 2 controller card I had (I suspect the USB issue is ACPI-related, as I *have* to use a nonstandard ACPI due to needing PS/2 keyboard and mouse support; I have ordered a newer USB keyboard and USB mouse).

Hello there! i updated my ideneb 10.5.6 with the combo upgrade and everything went well, at first boot the machine restarted itself so i booted again in verbose mode and got to my desktop, in the beginning the hdd icons were orange but after i restarted once again everything went back to normal, i just had to apply the about this mac fix for my processor to appear there. My hardware is the following:

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q6600

MOBO: Intel DG33TL

Memory: KINGSTON 6GB DDR2 800

GPU:XfX geforce 7200gs

Sound card: MOTU traveler

hope the info helps somebody, love this forum

cheers mates!

edit: oh i forgot i'm using vanilla kernel and original Applesmbios...

Please help me out!!

My box is iDeneb (10.5.6) in T61, after upgrading to 10.5.7 using this package. Now it cannot boot now:(

LoginWindow will be shown in one or two seconds, and continuing black screen, but with HD led flashing.

Anyone known which component wrong?

thanks.

Please help me out!!

My box is iDeneb (10.5.6) in T61, after upgrading to 10.5.7 using this package. Now it cannot boot now:(

LoginWindow will be shown in one or two seconds, and continuing black screen, but with HD led flashing.

Anyone known which component wrong?

thanks.

spec of your computer??!

I used this. Had to use anv kernel, using an SSE3 Prescott Pentium 4.

I had problems, the system wouldn't boot (still waiting for root device) so I used the kexts I'd backed up and restored all kexts with ATA in them (/System/Library/Extensions/*ATA*). This solved that problem, but now loginwindow keeps looping in a crash and I can't get to the desktop.

When booting in verbose mode (-v) I see the loginwindow app start, get the blue screen and a mouse pointer, then I'm returned to a black screen, which quickly shows another 'starting loginwindow app' type message. The blue screen shows up again with a cursor, then it crashes dumping me back to the black screen, looping ad infinitum.

Usually I'm booting with -v -f, adding -x has the same problem and takes longer to boot.

i tried this update and my osx hangs at boot screen and hard drive loops.

oh, well iDeneb 10.5.6 v1.4 is working beautifully so i reinstalled it.

my specs...

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe

AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ Toledo

4Gb Patriot DDR 400 PC3200

eVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640Mb 320-bit GDDR3

20Gb IDE Quantum Fireball (OSX86)

150Gb SATA2 Western Digital VelociRaptor (Vista)

750Gb SATA2 Western Digital Caviar SE16

750Gb SATA2 Western Digital Caviar SE16

200Gb SATA Western Digital Caviar

NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW IDE

D-Link DWL-AG530 802.11a/b/g PCI Tri-Mode

ASPIRE X-Superalien ATXA6SW-BK/500W

If you ´ve a perfect running 10.5.6 System do not upgrade to 10.5.7 with this comboupgrade. Mostly it will screw up your system.

I´ve tried it several times...no chance of a running system.

My Sys:

SP35 PRO Prima

Intel Core2Duo 3,00

6 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 Ram

Gainward 512 MB GTS

4 TB Samsung Spinpoint

If you ´ve a perfect running 10.5.6 System do not upgrade to 10.5.7 with this comboupgrade. Mostly it will screw up your system.

I´ve tried it several times...no chance of a running system.

I agree. I upgraded without problems by using the software update and then just removing AppleACPIPowerManagement.kext and reinstalling video drivers.