iDeneb Combo Upgrade KIT 10.5.7

93 posts in this topic

This KIT of update is possible to install italso on others OSx86 distro ( Ex. Kalyway, Leo4All, iATKOS, iPC, etc )

This is iDeneb Combo Upgrade KIT 10.5.7 ( Intel/AMD, SSE2/SSE3 ), developed by Layne, graphic by Cri900 and contains:

• iDeneb.MacOSx86UpdCombo10.5.7.pkg

• iDeneb.Tool.rev1.mpkg

• Extensions Disabled

Patch Integrated:

• SystemProfiler Patch
  • About This Mac Fix
  • Remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

This KIT allow to update your version Mac OS X to 10.5.7 using iDeneb.MacOSx86UpdCombo10.5.7.pkg and you can boot the system with voodoo kernel typing voodoo,or with AnV XNU 1.4 kernel typing anv or with Vanilla kernel typing vanilla on the boot prompt.

With iDeneb.Tool.rev1.mpkg you can install some kext excluded from update 10.5.7:

• ACPI Kext 10.5.7

• AppleSMBIOS

You can also install:

• PS2Fix per ACPI Kext 10.5.7

⁃ MouseFix

⁃ KeyboardFix

• AppleSMBIOSEFI

• oldHPET

• IOUSBFamilyFix

• NvidiaID

You can setup the kernel voodoo or AnV kernel like kernel by default using the voices under the menu kernel.

You can also install Chameleon 1.0.12.

You can find all extensions excluded in the folder Extensions Disabled.

Good Update and Good Download!

I tried this on my Aspire One and everything goes ok but after restart GMA kexts are lost so I go into safe mode (-x) and reinstall the needed kexts. When I restart it seems is gonna be allright but the screen gets all grey with random black lines and trackpad doesn't work.

G'day everyone,

Am running xXx 10.5.6 on an asus P5B green board, Intel dualcore processor , 4 gigs of ram with Nvidia 7600 xxx video card all this is running through a Samsung LCD TV 66cm I have this install running very well with one exception my Logitech Quickcam Messenger only shows still pics? But my question is, is how do I restore the native 1360 x 768 resolution after the update? I get a weird fuzzy picture after the update and then a strange resolution that is also interlaced?

Does anyone have any idea on how to rectify this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Plucka

i'm running on ideneb 10.5.5 kernel voodoo 9.5 whith HP dc5100 puntium 4 HT 1Go RAM Geforce 5200!!, after installation and restart, the system freez on whit apple screen !!!!

i don't now if my CPU is supported ??? Please Help.

The update package can be found on the green demon.

Anyway, can this package be used to upgrade iDeneb 10.5.5 to 10.5.7? I'm currently using the Vanilla kernel. My Set up is in my sig.

Thanks in advance for the help.

i'm running on ideneb 10.5.5 kernel voodoo 9.5 whith HP dc5100 puntium 4 HT 1Go RAM Geforce 5200!!, after installation and restart, the system freez on whit apple screen !!!!

i don't now if my CPU is supported ??? Please Help.

Try starting up with different kernel: type voodoo or anv at boot prompt.

i tried it once with my iDeneb 10.5.6. after install, it slows down and only works when i flag it with cpus=1 on boot. since i'm using a Dell D620, i couldn't find a Core2duo fix for it so yeah... reverted back to 10.5.6 for now :)

This upgrade borked my nice and pretty running iDeneb 1.4 - lot of problems now, kernel panics with vanilla and AnV, only the voodoo kernel with seatbelt.kext and system.kext from 10.5.5 give something like functionality but nothing is like before. Parallels didn't work anymore, lots of hangs and spinning balls, no shutdown and other strange probs. Can't recommand this.

Comboupdate didn't work out for me. I've tried to update from iDeneb 10.5.5 to 10.5.7.

My system is a Intel E8400 dual core, Asus P5K EPU mobo with Intel P35 chipset, 4GB, Geforce 9600GT+8600GT and 2 SATA WD 320GB drives. I'm using Vanilla kernel.

I've tried the following boot options/combinations: -v -s -x CPUS=1

ehci.th.jpg

My iDeneb 10.5.5 installation was like this:

install as described without gfx and 883 taluga sound:
  http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Installation_Guides/Kalyway_DualBoot_10.5.2

modify boot: Bootloading 
  http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Installation_Guides/Kalyway_DualBoot_10.5.2

reboot and follow last post on
  http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=90112&st=120

install only 256mb + 512mb cards

Both SATA drives are turned off at the end. Is there someone who has got similar problems or has an idea how to fix this?

Installed this on Leo4all 10.5.2, It installed, when I restarted it'll get stuck on a white screen. With the spinning circle.

Any ideas?

I have similar problem.

upgrade iDeneb 10.5.5 to 10.5.7 and after restart with -v i see on screen:

Class "AppleEHCIedMemoryBlock" is duplicate

Duplicated class

komd_control/start failed for com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI; destroying kmod

Failed to load extention com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI. <=== its in yellow

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled

Class "AppleEHCIedMemoryBlock" is duplicate

Duplicated class

komd_control/start failed for com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI; destroying kmod

Failed to load extention com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI. <=== its in yellow

BSD root: disk0s3, major 14, minor 3

and nothing else happening.

System is not booting.

How to fix it?

Its on Toshiba U400 J10

Pentium Dual-Core T2390, 2 GB RAM, i945 ICH8

All I had to do to get this to work properly backup my kernel and my kexts, install as normal, reboot into safe mode using the kernel I used before the update, and then use osx86 tools to restore my backed up kernel and kexts.

Hi there, noobie here.

I was wondering if you can post the right procedure on installing this upgrade kit?

I've never done an upgrade manually before. I would very much appreciate it if you could post the instructions on this thread.

Thanks!