What web browser are you using? *State Here*

batitombo

33 posts in this topic

I used FF now but it is extremely slow compared to FF on xp.

Is that also slow on a real mac lets say a minimac?

Because i read somewhere that osx isnt snappy, its made that way (slow responds) because that is more relxing for the eyes.

I stopped browsing on the mac now its terrible. And safari may be quicker but without add blockers its worthless to me.

I used FF now but it is extremely slow compared to FF on xp.

Is that also slow on a real mac lets say a minimac?

Because i read somewhere that osx isnt snappy, its made that way (slow responds) because that is more relxing for the eyes.

I stopped browsing on the mac now its terrible. And safari may be quicker but without add blockers its worthless to me.

firefox is just not a good mac app. There are a lot of other browsers on the mac that are far superior. Unfortunately most of them don't have quite the add-blocking capability that Firefox has... but hopefully that will change.

For that matter, Opera is much faster than Firefox in windows. I really don't like to use FF on either platform. It's better than IE, and I support people switching, but for me it's not something I'd ever use unless I had to.

Safari, for two reasons.

1. It's hard for CERNET users to download BIG applications from websites outside China.

2. I want to have a feeling of using MacOSX.

If I run Safari with Rosetta, it runs very slow and takes a lot of CPU time, and ... , the worst of all, crashes frequently if I type Chinese.