10.5.7 finally

enb14

39 posts in this topic

Made updates from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 by combo update on 2 machines:

A.) Laptop Lenovo N100 3000 -> Firefox doesnt work/start after update any more; still no solution for internal audio.

B.) Pentium e2180 dual core/MB: P5KPL-CM/Video Asus En9500 GT -> TimeMachine still doesnt work (since version 10.5.6)

ps. any ideas, what to do to make Firefox working (A) and solve timemachine problem ( B ) ? - thanks in advance for your help.

went from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 by SoftwareUpdate.

Went fine on my EP35-DS4, 8800GT, E8400.

I just had to reinstall AppleHDA and HDAEnabler.kext which I backed up before the update.

Only problem, my Systemprofiler now doesnt recognize the CPU anymore. (It recognizes the 3.6ghz though) and says iMac 8.1 instead of MacPro 3.1.

EDIT: And the new serial number is: SOMESRLNMBR XD

Someone's got a solution to this?

Worked here. It fixed a wake-from-sleep issue where the mouse would go haywire (and then the system would crash) upon wake. But I'm still not sure if it actually *goes* to sleep, as the fans keep spinning. Also; Apple Shake complained of being on non-recognized hardware, but started up anyway. Weird. I also now have to go into the sound preferences and click on my Audigy NX, then change the volume for it to be recognized upon reboot.

For they that have Asus P5k-VM:

Backup the kexts for Audio, Network, ICH7-9 and a working AppleHPET for firewire

Switch the IDE mode to AHCI before running the update;

Be sure you have installed these kexts: AppleDecrypt, Disabler and OpenHaltRestart (dunno if working without one or all - but with these it working surely);

Run the update (I ran the Combo updater for some reasons);

Reinstall all the kexts for audio, network, ICH7-9 and AppleHPET

Restart and switch back to IDE mode at will.

Enjoy

I ran Software Update. Halfway through installation it said "Press Power Button" or something similar.

I restarted and it kept having a kernel panic. Seemed it was AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext causing the mischief.

Removed hard disk, stuck it into a caddy attached to my other hackintosh. I deleted the offending kext and rebooted.

Running 10.5.7 ;)

Although weirdly it managed to loose everything from my "Login Items" startup list. Still it boots quicker now ;-)

Made updates from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 by combo update on 2 machines:

B.) Pentium e2180 dual core/MB: P5KPL-CM/Video Asus En9500 GT -> TimeMachine still doesnt work (since version 10.5.6)

....and solve timemachine problem ( B ) ? - thanks in advance for your help.

Timemachine needs an Ethernet which is build in.

On hackintoshs it is set as external - no TM!

DSDT patch tool (that V 0.5 windows (Fusion works also) patcher) can help , TM FIX enabled (in LAN part) in that patcher makes TM work again. You dont need to patch+flash the bios itself!!

Chameleon supports that dsdt.aml (in /) patching.

You can patch also (insted of EFI String or natit/HDAEnabler injection) GPU, HDA and other things = all in one helper :)

Installed the update on ideneb 1.4 (10.5.6). It installed alright, but killed my natit.kext, and set Q/E to not supported again. I tried to reinstall the video driver and Natit, and when I rebooted, I get a garbled screen.

I copied my important files off that drive and wiped it and installed Windows 7 RC 7100 x64.

I'll try reloading Ideneb again later.

Upgraded with no troubles here, i just backup all my kexts before with OSX86 Tools and then when it rebooted just typed -v -x -f, then reboot again and restore all of my kexts with osx86 tools and repair permissions after that :(.

update to 10.5.7 gets me stuck on the screen right before the display of the desktop. replaced natit.kext w/ nvinject.kext & now i can use my fresh 10.5.7. but new problem arose, usb-devices/drives can't be mounted.

found [temporary] solution, if i use my usb-flashdrive-bootloader at boot, usb-devices/drives are recognized.

anyone knows why & corresponding fix?

tia.