10.5.7 Released

425 posts in this topic

guys,

how did u got sound working ? i try with legacy 883 drivers with 10.5.7 kext and won't work...nothing

next i restored with TimeMachine AppleHDA from 10.5.6 with same kext that works on it but with 10.5.7 system same problem shows up like before with .7 kext ... i rebuild cache and stuff like that ...

no way to get 883 working ;)

HELP me smart guys what is wrong ? ? ?

Have you tried voodooHDA as a replacement ?

Hello,

after updating to 10.5.7 from ideneb .6 fresh install, when os its loading showing the apple logo,gray background and spinning circle, it goes to a gray corrupted screen.

HW: EP45-ds3r, E8400 3ghz and ati 4870 512mb ;)

safe mode works..

rename or delete AppleHPET.kext

I've deleted this and as long as I have the thumb drive in the port when I boot up it works, but as soon as I put the laptop to sleep or don't have it in when booting its a no go. Its got me baffled.

Hi guys after successfully updating 10.5.6 to 10.5.7. My Hackintosh won't fully shut down. Any help on the problem?

Used IATKOS 10.5.5 as my base installed disabler.ktext and applescript.Ktext I guess. Only the shut down process is not working fine.

I am afraid if I install other Ktext my Hackintosh would need reinstalling.

Thanks

I've an Aspire One with iDeneb 1.4.

I tried to update by all possible ways to 10.5.7 with no success.

The computer keeps restarting 3 secs after the Apple boot logo.

I read in the MSI Wind forums that it could be related to the Realtek1000.kext. So I deleted it but still the same thing.

I did the script procedure also but it doesn't work either.

People seem to be updating without any major problems but I CAN'T.

Any ideas?

To all with wrong info in System Profiler and About This Mac - install Chameleon 2.0 and use smbios.plist in /extra. Make sure you have a clean, unmodified AppleSMBIOS.kext from 10.5.7 (or whatever system version you're on) and that you have no SMBIOS Injectors installed, also check that your com.apple.Boot.plist in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration is clean, like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

With Chameleon 2.0 installed, you'll want to be using com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra. Move all your modifications from the old Boot.plist over to the one installed by Chameleon.

I'm guessing that your info is wrong on 10.5.7 because the update overwrote your patched AppleSMBIOS.kext or other patched files you were using to fix it.

Here is my smbios.plist, currently set up as iMac9,1. Edit as needed.

You can find memory serial numbers and info with CPU-Z in Windows. The _1 and _3 denotes memory slot, memory type 24 is DDR3, 19 is DDR2, 18 is DDR.

Be sure to edit RAM info, CPU and bus frequencies to match your hardware. Also, other Mac models may need different string values. Use google or the forum search to find them, if you don't want your frankentosh to be an iMac9,1.

Some information here, courtesy of OSx86 superhero David F. Elliott: http://pastie.org/333621.txt - search with google for proper Apple serials if you want one.

Note of the odd spelling of 'manufacturer', it must be spelled 'manufacter' for the settings to take, and the capitalization must match, ie SMxxxxx.

Copy and paste the whole thing into textedit or whatever, make your modifications and save it as smbios.plist in /extra.

This is my PC posing as a model 2009 iMac9,1:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>IM91.88Z.008D.B08.0904271717</string> (this must match your SMproductname)
<key>SMmanufacter</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>iMac9,1</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string> (I don't know if there are other possible values than 1.0)
<key>SMserial</key> 
<string>nnnnnnnnnnn</string> (insert valid 11 character serial here if you have one)
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac</string> (this must match your SMproductname)
<key>SMboardmanufacter</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>  (put Apple Computer, Inc. if you're setting MacPro values)
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F2218FA9</string> (this must match your SMproductname)
<key>SMexternalclock</key>
<string>333</string> (your true CPU FSB, ie non-"quad pumped")
<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
<string>3160</string> (CPU freq in MHz)
<key>SMmemtype</key>
<string>19</string>
<key>SMmemspeed</key>
<string>1066</string> (RAM freq in MHz)
<key>SMmemmanufacter_1</key>
<string>Kingston Technology</string> (OCZ, Geil, whatever, the name of your cat, dog or parrot..)
<key>SMmemmanufacter_3</key>
<string>Kingston Technology</string> (...pet rabbit names causes system crashes, use with caution!)
<key>SMmempart_1</key>
<string>KHX8500D2/1GN</string> (your RAM manufacturer will have this info on their website...) 
<key>SMmempart_3</key>
<string>KHX8500D2/1GN</string> (...for example in a .pdf datasheet for your RAM)
<key>SMmemserial_1</key>
<string>nnnnnnnn</string> (insert valid serials here if you have them)
<key>SMmemserial_3</key>
<string>nnnnnnnn</string> (You can get the serials with CPU-Z under Windows)
</dict>
</plist>

Mine has never been right. No install disks have ever ready my cpu correctly. So are you saying if I do this work my computer will run differently? If not I really don't care if it doesn't look right.

It's recommended for compatibility reasons.

For example if you have a laptop it's probably a good idea to use macbook values in smbios.plist.

If mac model information is missing or inaccurate, some apps won't work right or may even refuse to install.

Also you should use it preemptively - for example, if Apple decided to plant a check in the next update that disabled the system if it didn't find a valid Apple motherboard model string, 80% of all hackintoshes would break because their motherboard model would come up as "P5Q-E" or "Dell something something".

And this is currently the only solution that works outside of System/Library/Extensions.

try SwithResX over here. It is should work as they say. http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8355

It doesn't work. My LCD is a 1920x1200 display, connected to a 9600GT via a DVI-HDMI cable. Under 10.5.6, with NVdarwin, it comes up as a 1920x1200 display, looks great.

Under 10.5.7, QE/CI are supported in hardware, but presumably due to the cable/input source, OS X will only allow it to go to 1920x1080 (Interlaced). SwitchResX is of no assistance.

Back to 10.5.6 for me.

It's recommended for compatibility reasons.

Some apps won't install at all if mac model information is missing or inaccurate.

Please don't quote when there's no need.

You don't have to quote the whole post when your reply is directly underneath it.

Also, if I go and edit something in my post, the old and inaccurate info will linger in your quote.

100 % agree !

I used before Chameleon 2 RC the injector ways or modded SMBIOS.

Now with CHameleon / smbios.plist in /Extra i am much more happy !

Netkas hint: Dont use MacPro#,1 Modell Names, can make problems if your CPU isnt really an i7 family CPU member.

Also be sure (for best compatibility) dont change only Model name, all must fit together with the other values, means SMBIOS Table + Modelname must fit as some other values too, MacPro or MacBook has an different smbios table as iMac !

I used iMac5,1 and all is OK. Also geekbench & Co.

i attached my smbios.plist for chameleon to look in /compare.

attached: my iMac5,1 smbios.plist (CPU Speed : 2.8, FSB 266 MHZ, RAM 800 MHZ DDR2: edit with your vales)

smbios.zip

Netkas hint: Dont use MacPro#,1 Modell Names, can make problems if your CPU isnt really an i7 family CPU member.

Also be sure (for best compatibility) dont change only Model name, all must fit together with the other values, means SMBIOS Table + Modelname must fit as some other values too, MacPro or MacBook has an different smbios table as iMac !

I dont see how using MacPro3,1 could cause troubles if you are not having an i7 as real MacPro3,1 dont have an i7 right? Maybe you mean using latest MacPro id (4,1?).

Also I think chameleon2 is not injecting the real smbios tables, just the values from the plist or am I wrong?

I'm using the default chameleon smbios.plist without troubles so far. Only strange thing I see is some mention of AppleTyMCEDriver::probe(MacPro3,1) probing failed and kext not being loaded.

well...

1)downloaded and installed Chameleon 2 RC1

2)updated from ASU

3) after 2 reboots my Hackintosh (iDeneb 10.5.7, Asus P5K, Intel Q6600, 4 Gb Ram and nvidia 8500 silent) work better and now thsystem info report correct information about the number of core and frequency.

Thanks of all OSx86 members :(:):D

Updated my hackintosh from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7. No problems. I have to only use old kernel.

Only the same problem which was in 10.5.6 still happens in 10.5.7. When unrar some packages or if hard drives are highly used, sounds get glichy and mouse get jumpy. But after extraction the jumpy mouse goes away and sounds are normal. I use AnV newest kernel and have sata-drive in n-force 4 motherboard. I'm very happy if someone could give me answer to my problem. Thanks.

booted using boot 132, then 80 to use HD, still hangs in same spot. -f doesn't help either.. =(

wo..not sure what I did, but I booted into the system. ???

It's not magic. Boot-132 allowed the cache to build correctly. While you are booted into the system you should upgrade to Chameleon 2.0RC-1. That's how I got my problem resolved.

ALC883 on 10.5.7 not working

I'm sorry if someone asked for this before but the forum search gives me a syntax error. I'm running vanilla retail OSX on a P5K using the boot-132 method. When I updated to 10.5.7 from 10.5.6 I got a kernel panic during the boot sequence at first... managed to avoid it by deleting the AppleHDA.kext (thanks to the users of insanelymac!). Now my system is running 10.5.7 just fine but the sound just won't come back... I've tried installing the kexts that worked before using Universal OSx86 Installer, then downloaded the AppleHDA.kext that worked before, installed that too. But there's still no device in system settings although it shows up in the system profiler.

I guess the problem is me ;) But I would really appreciate any help on this since a computer without sound is just so 80s :( What did I do wrong? Thanks in advance guys!

BTW: I just love this website and its community! Had to say this once more...

It doesn't work. My LCD is a 1920x1200 display, connected to a 9600GT via a DVI-HDMI cable. Under 10.5.6, with NVdarwin, it comes up as a 1920x1200 display, looks great.

Under 10.5.7, QE/CI are supported in hardware, but presumably due to the cable/input source, OS X will only allow it to go to 1920x1080 (Interlaced). SwitchResX is of no assistance.

I have the same problem, only my card is 9400 GT and my monitor goes to 1920x1080 instead of 1680x1050. I used an EFI string under 10.5.6 and it worked like a charm, and whatever I try to change it now, it doesn't work... 1680x1050 is not even listed in the screen resolutions. I'm clueless here...

Installed update on my retail rig, as in spec (EP45-UD3) and rebooted. Sound needed reinstalling, after that, perfectly working as before...

Performance gains are great... (under same testing conditions and options)

Xbench before: 201

Xbence after: 350

My guide will be updated soon to include the update if anyone is interested...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1133341