Natit source code ?

lavender.t

1 post in this topic

hello, i wonder if Natit is open source ? if so, is there a place i can get the source code, svn/cvs, git ?

i'm desperately trying the make the GMA X3600 driver work for my Dell Latitude D830 1920x1200 in 10.5.6 (iPC PPF5 final). tried *lots* of drivers i could find in the forums without luck. the stock 10.5.6 drivers (AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext) can read the EDID and other built-in LCD parameters but failed to display anything, even with the so called "sleep tricks". so i'm guessing some parameters may have triggered the driver down a buggy code path that blanked out the LCD.

as an alternative approach i'm looking into an old version of 3100FB (1.5.18.7) which cannot read the built-in LCD info (EDID, etc). i wish to use Natit to work around the parameters that caused the malfunctioning of the 3100FB driver.

with current Natit.kext that i could find, in my Latitude D830 together with 3100FB 1.5.18.7 it will hang the caller if IOService node "Intel965" is queried. thus the Finder cannot fully initialize and the desktop doesnt show up.

very much appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this issue.

thanks !

- lt