IPC 10.5.6 install guide on a Dell Latitude D610 - REPOST

riddiculous

72 posts in this topic

since the upgrade to 10.5.8, anytime I run a dmg file to install something I get, what I guess is a panic text on the screen, that freezes up the machine. Not really sure what info I should be looking for but it seems to be referencing an issue with the Voodoo.
Sounds like a Seatbelt.kext issue. Search the forums to figure out how to replace that kext to resolve your kernel panics.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on Snow Leopard for the D610?

I tried http://osx86.sojugarden.com/installer/ with the "chocolate" kernel, which boots into the Snow Leopard Installer from USB. However, it never sees the D610 internal drive, just the usb drive.

I'm guessing the problem is IOPCIFamily.kext. It uses the standard Snow Leopard version, while IPC 10.5.6 has a patched one.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

hi i have dell lartitude d610 i installed mac and every thing is fine just i have problem with wireless . at the first place i choosd intel 3945 but it dosnt work .. this is my email mensiuscho@yahoo.com please help thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am still unable to load the iPC_OSx86_10_5_6_Universal_PPF5_Final image to my D610 laptop. It seems the image I downloaded had a CRC error on file Archive.pax.gz. During the installing phase, I got an "cpio read error: bad file format" on file Archive.pax.gz. Even when I tried to extract this file content from image using IsoMagic and then using gunzip the Archive.pax.gz file, I got an CRC error, so i believe it is not a DVD burning problem. Does anyone have this image to share with me?

• 2 weeks later...
Power MGMT Instructions

Go to SuperHai's download site at http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html and get the VooDooPower and Battery Kext I also grabbed the clamshell.kext.. Open OSX86 Tools in your applications folder and follow these steps

Backup Extensions to a known location.

Click on "Install Kexts"

Install the first one by following the prompts.

Press Cancel at the very end so you don't have to restart at each install. Normally you should but for these three, you can skip.

After you are done – select "Set Extensions Permissions", "Touch Extensions Folder" � Run Selected Tasks and then Reboot.

Hi and thanks for the guide. The most works fine. I have only two issues:

1. I can't find the clamshell.kext on the URL and without it, it seems that the Power MGMT doesn't work as it should.

2. My ethernet (Netextrem BCM5751, ID 14e4:1677 doesn't work.

Can you help me, I'm a absulute Mac beginner.

Thanks, Harvey

• 2 weeks later...

Works perfectly, thanks for the guide! I now have OS X dualbooting with Windows XP. I have everything working except sleep (doesn't work because of Ethernet fix) and the battery indicator, which is visible but extremely inaccurate. Thanks again!

Edit: The battery graphic is inaccurate but if you select "Show > Percentage," you will get an accurate remaining percentage.

• 1 month later...

All,

I have a Dell 610 up and running for some time 10.5.6 at first and then update to 10.5.7. 

No I did the update to 10.5.8. 

After the update I installed the DVD and installed the original drivers and 9.5 Voodoo kernel.

Re-boot with -x it all seems to work but I get a blue screen and I wait and wiat but that's it.

What do I need to do to come to the desktop.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this helpful toutorial......i did exactly as u said.....i finished installation succesfully but i get kernel panic....here is my specs:

Mother board Gygabyte GA-Ep31-DS3L rev.1.0

Ram:4 GB (DDR 2)

processor:Intel Pentium D 3.4 GHz

Vega: ATI Radeon Hd 4670

kernel panic image in the attatchments

what should i do?

post-709472-1293634038_thumb.jpg

HELP! I am trying to install iPC_OSx86_10_5_6_Universal_PPF5_Final on my Dell D610, but for some reason every time I try to boot into the install disc it gets to the screen with the grey Apple symbol and the spinning wheel and then has a Kernel Panic. Anyone have any advice? I really would like to get this install done, so ANY help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks all users here, espec Ridiculous.

I was given a Dell Latitude D610, pretty much standard I believe. Pentium M 1,73ghz, 1024 mb 533 mhz DDR2 Sdram, Intel 915 graphics, Sigmatel 9751 audio, Broadcom BCM 5751 ethernet.

I chose a different iso to install from: iDeneb v1.5.1 10.5.7.iso

Make partition etc... format Journaled

Run the iDeneb disk, do a custom install, select the standard iDeneb package AND

from "the extra's" (it's the option right below the standard package, sorry, can't remember the name):

Kernel: 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel

video: intel GM900

chipset: Apple GenericPCATA

wireless: Broadcom (no wireless, so dunno if it works)

Ethernet: Broadcom BCM5751

Audio: AC97

fixes: seatbelt & voodoo battery manager.

This works great. Trackpad and kb work, even double tapping works. Connecting to DSL modem works. USB works. Sleep works. Only hitches spotted so far: menubar is blueish and the dvd player don't work in Leopard. Still very happy with this, right on the money on the fifth try (made the mistake to simply install everything on the disk first times -- being more specific helps)

Hope this helps someone, as this post has been very helpful to me

K

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks all users here, espec Ridiculous.

I was given a Dell Latitude D610, pretty much standard I believe. Pentium M 1,73ghz, 1024 mb 533 mhz DDR2 Sdram, Intel 915 graphics, Sigmatel 9751 audio, Broadcom BCM 5751 ethernet.

I chose a different iso to install from: iDeneb v1.5.1 10.5.7.iso

Make partition etc... format Journaled

Run the iDeneb disk, do a custom install, select the standard iDeneb package AND

from "the extra's" (it's the option right below the standard package, sorry, can't remember the name):

Kernel: 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel

video: intel GM900

chipset: Apple GenericPCATA

wireless: Broadcom (no wireless, so dunno if it works)

Ethernet: Broadcom BCM5751

Audio: AC97

fixes: seatbelt & voodoo battery manager.

This works great. Trackpad and kb work, even double tapping works. Connecting to DSL modem works. USB works. Sleep works. Only hitches spotted so far: menubar is blueish and the dvd player don't work in Leopard. Still very happy with this, right on the money on the fifth try (made the mistake to simply install everything on the disk first times -- being more specific helps)

Hope this helps someone, as this post has been very helpful to me

K

Has anyone got wireless working with iDeneb on the Dell D610? I switched the card to an AR5008 and use Atheros WiFi Drivers, but I still get a "Connection failed" error within one second after entering my WPA-P password.

• 3 years later...