Cmedia 8738

Pons

228 posts in this topic

I have compiled dogbert's CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext from source with XCode 2.4.1, and it works. I briefly looked into the source, and it looks safe and open source to me.

GENERIC CMI8738 DRIVER ---- ONLY FOR OSX86 Tiger 10.4.9 !!!

* For other versions compile from source *

INSTALLATION:

0. login as root ^_^

1. Unpack CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext to /tmp/ for example

2. Do

cd /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -r /tmp/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext .

chmod -R 755 CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext

chown -R root:wheel CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext

3. Reboot -OR- try to load manually with: kextload CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext (Card info should be printed)

Driver provided here is for educational purposes only, without any warranty. Please support Apple by bying real Mac!

Just tried this on 10.4.10 (mac.nub.1) for a motherboard integrated cmi8738 and it works. 

There was no need to compile from source (I couldn't have done it, anyway, since I don't have xcode). Just copied the kext to /System/Library/Extensions, run those commands and loaded it. I have only stereo output (no mic), but that's all I need.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OSX 10.4.7 + CMI8738 PCI install download kext

22com_CMI8738AudioEngine is not compatible with its superclass, 13IOAudioEngine superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext

load failed for extension CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

Is there CMI8738PCIAudioDriver for 10.4.7? anyboby get it mail to me,thanks!!!!

mymail:robot8254@yahoo.com.cn

thanks!!!!

I have compiled dogbert's CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext from source with XCode 2.4.1, and it works. I briefly looked into the source, and it looks safe and open source to me.

GENERIC CMI8738 DRIVER ---- ONLY FOR OSX86 Tiger 10.4.9 !!!

* For other versions compile from source *

INSTALLATION:

0. login as root :D

1. Unpack CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext to /tmp/ for example

2. Do

cd /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -r /tmp/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext .

chmod -R 755 CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext

chown -R root:wheel CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext

3. Reboot -OR- try to load manually with: kextload CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext (Card info should be printed)

Driver provided here is for educational purposes only, without any warranty. Please support Apple by bying real Mac!

works here on 10.4.11... thanx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, i'm totally new to Mac. I have installed Kalyway perfectly, the only problem is that my sound isn't working. I downloaded this driver and put the kext file in my System/Library/Extensions directory. How do i have to run the install.sh file? If i copy it's content and paste it into Terminal it doesn't work. Can anybody help me? :)

Hi, i'm totally new to Mac. I have installed Kalyway perfectly, the only problem is that my sound isn't working. I downloaded this driver and put the kext file in my System/Library/Extensions directory. How do i have to run the install.sh file? If i copy it's content and paste it into Terminal it doesn't work. Can anybody help me? :)
The same for me :(

I just recompiled this old driver from Dogbert for 10.5.3, no idea if it still works.

It's for 8738/8768 cards, maybe some other models work too.

Hey thanks! This is working great on 10.5.3 with a Turtle Beach Riviera PCI card! Ignored the installer script and just dropped it on kext helper.

I would like to thank dogbert for the work done on the CMi-8738 driver.

I now have sound!! Awesome Thanks! :)

please send me a copy of the driver and the driver installation guide. xo I've been sound-less for a month looking for the CMI 8738 6ch driver.

I just recompiled this old driver from Dogbert for 10.5.3, no idea if it still works.

It's for 8738/8768 cards, maybe some other models work too.

works perfect on 10.5.4 and Terratec Aureon 5.1 Fun PCI (8738)

OnBoard audio Disable !

5.1 pass thru doesn't work on my diamond 7.1 ddl xs sound card via spdif. any suggestions?

mic not work

not implemented. it's open source and the main part is done anyhow, so if you really want these features, you can do the work by yourself.

I'm using the SPDIF coax out but only getting 2 channels.

there's no live encoder in the driver and never will be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would also love to have the mic working for these driver! how could I do it my self? I don't know anything about making drivers!!! hehe

I would like to see some microphone input on this card as well, would it be too difficult? If I looked at a driver with microphone input could I just adapt it to this one?

• 3 weeks later...