• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

EtherealRemnant

EtherealRemnant

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
Is this even in development anymore? Last update I saw was in April and this kext still needs work... Particularly with IDT codecs like the one on the my M17x with nVidia MCP79. I hear like 50 scratching sounds and 10 actual parts of my music... Its horrid.

coldi

coldi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
works for me

using a Aureon 5.1 PCI 8738
osx 10.6.2 64bit

only stereo out and digital optical stereo output is supported

no mic in

Breathless

Breathless

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
For those interested in the Xonar DX series, maybe someone can mod this puppy to make it work with Snow Leopard:

http://www.asusdrive...for-mac-os.html

Its a driver for the Xonar U1. I would imagine one would simply have to change the device id's to match those of your DX cards, but what do I know....

smirnuff

smirnuff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys. I have purchased an Asus Xonar D1 to use in place of my BadAxe2's onboard sound card and have installed the kext and followed the instructions throughout. Upon rebooting I go to System Preferences and it reports no output device. Has anyone succeeded in getting one of these to work in iATKOS v7?

The system is running 10.6.2. Scrub that, thats my MBP. The Hackintosh is running 10.5.8.

The output from ioreg -l lists IRQs iirc can be seen here:

http://pastebin.com/i60j1jwh

I'm a Windows developer so I'm pretty lost here so please help...

Thanks.

--
Lee

hinkle

hinkle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Works on SL 10.6.2 with an old Hercules Gamesurround Muse XL card.

any chance of getting the mic input to work ?

Macs4All

Macs4All

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello, has anybody managed to have mic-in working on this card?

Thanks,
Dax

tvon

tvon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Is there a project home or a place I can poke at the most current source for this? I'm looking to get input working...

Rong_OSX86

Rong_OSX86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
you can use for all ac97 device with AppleAC97Audio kext

ThE_MarD

ThE_MarD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Heyyo,

Hi guys! Sound working on SnowLeopard with CMI8738! ;)
I've been able to compile from sources the kext for CMI8738 chipsets!
Output working perfectly under 10.6.0 64-bit. You will find the kext attached to this post.

Tried changing the IOPCIMatch to 0x878813F6 and it detects there's a soundcard, but no volume output. Indeed, the CMI8788 soundcard is different enough from the CMI8738 that it won't work unless modified.. maybe someday someone shall. My soundcard is an Asus Xonar DX PCI-E version. So no luck for me. :(

UrbanTumbleweed

UrbanTumbleweed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Heyyo,

Tried changing the IOPCIMatch to 0x878813F6 and it detects there's a soundcard, but no volume output. Indeed, the CMI8788 soundcard is different enough from the CMI8738 that it won't work unless modified.. maybe someday someone shall. My soundcard is an Asus Xonar DX PCI-E version. So no luck for me. :D

Hey, I am new here. I was reading this thread, hoping that by the end of it, I would find a compatible driver for my Asus Xonar Essence STX PCI-e sound card.
I built a HTPC, and and running win7, but microsoft is way to buggy for this OSX user.
I wanted to hackintosh my PC, but I need sound! Please anybody. We need your skills.

If someone compiles a driver that works for the CMI8788 chipset, would it not work for me anyways because my card is PCI-e? I know computers, but I am not a programmer at all.
Thanks!

Sharon

Sharon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
none of them work on 10.6.4 !!! any solution ???????

UrbanTumbleweed

UrbanTumbleweed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Maybe we should put together a paypal donation fund, so we can pay someone to do it.
(A driver for CMI-8788 for SnowLeopard)
Any takers? Anyone with the skill to pull it off, and just needs a push of cash incentive?
If so, how much?

Lets see if there are any takers, then we can figure out a way to keep it honest.
Just an idea...a potential solution, seeing as Asus wont support the people who love a strong, clean OS. :D

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
i have a driver that works, but it only works sporadically.i frequently have to run pfix or repair disk permissions for it to work

Breathless

Breathless

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

i have a driver that works, but it only works sporadically.i frequently have to run pfix or repair disk permissions for it to work

give it here brutha!

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

give it here brutha!

it's this one

ThE_MarD

ThE_MarD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Heyyo,

it's this one

Dammit, I tried adding my device ID to it via IOPCIMatch (0x878813F6).. it shows up as CMI8738-v33 in system prefrences sound but no go on sound. :)

maroxx

maroxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
snow leopard 32-bit 1.6.4

activated audio with "chaud 4.6.1"

installed CMI 8738 pci audio driver. kext (page 9)

placed .kext into /Extra/Extensions

run KextUtility.v2.3.2

reboot

stereo output only. mic seems to work (i don't have one but i see that the manager get it)

PCI Card : Nilox 8 Ch pci audio card (24 € :wacko:) (windows xp compatible only, now iMac too XD)

what we have to do to activate the quadrifonic ? next kernel ?

DukeRaoul

DukeRaoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Power Mac G5 reincarnated as C2D: <br /><br />GA-EP43-UD3l<br />Pentium...
Just wanted to post a successful result with a card I haven't seen mentioned here yet:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16829270006

SIIG Soundwave 7.1 PCI Audio card - uses CMI8768 chip, working great with Cmedia 8738 kext. Using the version 0.6.4 (dated Nov. 8 2009) of the CMI8738 kext, and it's working in 64-bit snow.

This is a little bit higher-end card than some of the cheapo 10 dollar cards available with the 8738 chip. I'm hoping it will last well - bad reviews of the cheaper cards drove me to find this one. So far it works and sounds great.

DeathBeam

DeathBeam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Seems to be working so far. Thanks for the help.

dochoussam

dochoussam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
input dont work.help please!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy