Official HFS+ Drivers for Windows in Snow's Bootcamp

24 posts in this topic

Seems we finally get some HFS drivers for Windows natively with snow leopards bootcamp.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/05/06/snow-l...indows-drivers/

Sweeeeeeeeeeet :D

Now I can finally get rid of FAT32 as my sharing partition.

Now Snow Leopard will have native support for NTFS and Windows will support HFS+. It's a dream come true, although I wish Micro$oft included native support for HFS+.

MacDrive is useful but also really annoying.

My main beef with it is that disabling MacDrive itself doesn't disable the system tray notifications. I don't need to be reminded on every friggin boot-up why I can't see my HFS partitions.

And it's annoying to have to reboot whenever I change the settings.

MacDrive is useful but also really annoying.

My main beef with it is that disabling MacDrive itself doesn't disable the system tray notifications. I don't need to be reminded on every friggin boot-up why I can't see my HFS partitions.

And it's annoying to have to reboot whenever I change the settings.

I've never had any problems with MacDrive with my HFS+ partitions. It mounts them without any problems on every Windows boot.

I've never had any problems with MacDrive with my HFS+ partitions. It mounts them without any problems on every Windows boot.

No, you misunderstand. It's working fine for me too, when I want it to work.

I don't want my HFS partitions/drives to be mounted all the time, so I keep MacDrive disabled and only enable it when I need it.

The problem is that on every single boot I get a popup that says MacDrive is disabled and a warning icon in the system tray (at least you can opt to hide the icon).

I think a disabled program should shut up and stay disabled. I disabled it myself, and I don't need it to tell me that I've disabled it.

As someone who works with video and graphics using both NTFS and HFS partitions, sometimes on the same project, this would be great. Even if it's read only. It's a pain to reboot to Windows, realize you forgot to copy something to your Windows work drive, and have to reboot or run HFS Explorer. I don't trust MacDrive as a previous user said it eats partition tables - I've heard that before - it's a no-no for handling valuable project files. I have tried it, though, and it wouldn't see all of my partitions for some reason, so it was useless anyways.

MacDrive Eats partition tables. newer versions may be better but I´ll never trust it.

Can confirm. Lost TWICE my mounted HD due to system crash/power failure.

And reconstructing the partition table isn't a relaxing hobby.

For me Mac Drive sucks, I used the lastest version a few moths ago and when I was trying to move a large file from NTFS to HFS+ it crashed windows and guess what the HFS+ partition was damaged, even with check disk didn't work I had to reformat that partition.

• 3 months later...

I'm using Windows 7 RTM and I'm having a huge problem on a Mac Pro with several HDD's and a SSD, and It's repeatedly crashing to blue screen when accessing the Mac HFS Drives via Apples built in driver (bootcamp 3.0). Anyone knows why or a work around let me know at blue@maniac66.idps.co.uk

I tried installing MacDrive 8 also but that resulted in a complete OS failure to boot, maybe conflicting with Apples HFS Driver, it's annoying as hell!

Can confirm. Lost TWICE my mounted HD due to system crash/power failure.

And reconstructing the partition table isn't a relaxing hobby.

Same goes with Paragon for Ntfs on the osx side. Corrupted a 600 GB ntfs partition for me. THANKFULLY I could recover it. One should use these 3d party tools with care.