New Apple Ads

34 posts in this topic

^^lmao, btu seriously. i like the new ads. they are about the entire mac experience. we might give my grandma a mac because of the ease of use. the experience is truly different than with a Windows based computer. you have the ease fo mind that whatever you want to do will work. its just so beautifully simple.

actually i think the new ads are great. simply put, advertising how macs have dual cores processors will not make them sell more. people who are not as experienced with computers as us will not switch because they can run 7 different operating systems via parallels. they will switch because they can use iphoto effectively. they will switch because they can make a quick web page via iweb. to me thats fine. of course they can do all that with windows by finding the correct programs but lets face it, its easier with mac and built right in. so apple markets this along with the fact that the main program that everyone uses on windows is available on mac. great ads in my opinion.

plus they made me laugh, always a bonus.

you're thinking about it to much. it is true that in the real world the roles would be reversed but that's not what marketing is about. Mac is looking to get younger crowds to buy their hardware there for they put an actor on the commercials that is early to mid 20's that we have seen before (dodgeball, waiting). The mini is another example of this, buy a small white box that comes with a remote and is cute! it's all in the marketing

I would have though Apple was lining itself up for false advertising complaints, implying that macs can't get viruses, that they never crash or restart, "everything just works with a mac", etc

I would have though Apple was lining itself up for false advertising complaints, implying that macs can't get viruses, that they never crash or restart, "everything just works with a mac", etc

Watch the ads again. He never said they couldn't get viruses, he said there were none. (which is currently true) Macs don't need to restart as often and don't crash as much when conflicts arise.

Generally, compared to a Windows experience, things just work on a Mac. I don't need to instal drivers for a new digital camera because it will just work when I plug it in. That sort of thing that makes Mac users the fanatics we are.

=)

ha! i saw these only last week and since then i've been showing them to everyone. i think they're HILARIOUS, and as an avid mac fan, i don't much care that they slam PC's. my favorites are the virus and the restart. awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE the new ads, the "fat guy" is John Hodgman and he's a damn funny guy. GREAT deadpan humor. Yeah Apple is still bashing PCs: Its to be expected. Considering their marketshare they HAVE to compare if nto associate themselves with the leaders, (save the marketshare for another topic plz).

I'd like to think that we can take these ads with a grain of salt. I believe that these ads are not meant for us, they're meant for less computer savvy who can be endeared by the kooky hijinks of "Mac and PC: the wonder years".

FYI: Tim Buckley who draws Ctl-Alt-Del had a reply to these ads I thought was funny. And we all remember the

Red Vs. Blue apple Switch Parody. right?

• 1 month later...

Its good propaganda, maybe I should sue for false advertisement, lol, but they are funny comercials and although I doubt theyll change anyones mind they are better than most comercials I have to sit through.... (tivo migh help.... idk)

bwhsh8r

No, viruses affect OS's not hardware; iLife is for Mac OS X, not XP; the Digital Camera worked with Mac OS X not Windows...

The commercial was about Mac OS X.

Viri can hurt hardware through the firmware and the bios, i have seen a virus that replaces your bios with zeros... that would make your mobo worthless.

max

ps. good adds