Fake info about Mac Mini?

5 posts in this topic

Yesterday i went to the Mac Store in Arndale (Manchester UK) and i tried to buy one Mac Mini with this Specifications:

• 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
  • 120GB Serial ATA Drive
  • The NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

And the guy from apple told me that if i want to work with aperture and photoshop this machine doesn't even run aperture and photoshop will me very lame and slow and i was like really confused because some of my friends told me about this mac to beggin my life in photography with a Mac.

i went out of the store with no mac and just confused about it. i ask some friends and they told me that this {censored} was completely wrong.

I need help, can anyone tell me please is this guy were right???

I think he was angling to make you spend more TBH

My hack 2.4 core duo with 4gb ram and nVidia 8200gt is blissfully happy with aperture, I seem to remember it even ran on my old 2.4 single core with 1gb ram.

But then again you where in Manc FFS! :shock:

Yesterday i went to the Mac Store in Arndale (Manchester UK) and i tried to buy one Mac Mini with this Specifications:
  • 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
  • 120GB Serial ATA Drive
  • The NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

And the guy from apple told me that if i want to work with aperture and photoshop this machine doesn't even run aperture and photoshop will me very lame and slow and i was like really confused because some of my friends told me about this mac to beggin my life in photography with a Mac.

i went out of the store with no mac and just confused about it. i ask some friends and they told me that this {censored} was completely wrong.

I need help, can anyone tell me please is this guy were right???

They'll run just fine.

Gunth.

I run them on a MacBook with half the ram, lower bus speed, and the craptacular GMA 950 graphics chipset without much complaint when I dock it with a gorgeous 24" digital display. You'll be more than fine with that setup, honest!

• 2 weeks later...