Any Echo Audio users here?

fOZf8

19 posts in this topic

Just curious if any of you (if there are any Echo users) have managed to get Echo Hardware working in OSx86...any build, release etc...I care not, I just want my Layla24 to work!

I tried forcing the drivers in, editing them even...couldn't get anywhere...I'm a bit of Mac newbie though, and really only came to take a look on this side of the computer world for Audio/Video purposes...yet, go figure, my primary Audio PC has unaccelerated video (7800gt) and a driverless audio beast in 10.4.3-10.4.6.

I'd HOPE that Echo would resolve this sometime soon, but they've been promising a new non-beta Xp driver for over a year now, literally told many users it would be out 'in about a month' over a year ago...ARG! Talk about professional support.

• 5 months later...

Hello fOZf8... I am exactly in the same situation. I have a PCI Echo Layla24 sound card that I would really want to use in mac os x but the device won't even appear in the PCI Device list in "infos on my mac".

Strange thing is that the drivers succesfully installed but nothing shows up and the console shows up but is like empty...

Just a quick note, my Echo Indigo DJ does not work under OSx86 - The support doccumentations says the OS X driver will only work under version 10.2 - guess we wait for better drivers.

EDIT -

Or since the source code for the drivers is available on the Echo website you could build your own :lol:

• 1 month later...

I have a Layla24 and have been wanting to get it working with osx86 since the beginning.

Echo has a driver for their Firewire based cards running on osx86, but not for the PCI cards.

I contacted them over 6 months ago for their driver source code, but they said they typically don't release it.

There IS an open-source driver, but it's only a skeleton driver - it requires the driver author to code platform support code.

Interestingly, this code has been written for the Firewire stuff - I'd think it'd not be that much work to convert everything to work with the Layla24 if I had their source.

It sounded like in the last email they could possibly be persuaded to give it out if they were convinced it was a good thing to do so.

I'm a pretty decent coder and I'd be willing to code the driver if I had their source.

The problem with hackintosh and PCI cards is that Mac pros doesn't have PCI cards so that's why we are screwed with PCI cards, this is not just for MIA cards, also m-audio and others don't want to help us at all :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I broke down and purchased a audiofire 12. I had a layla24 but they don't seem to want to write a pci driver for a pcie system.

bard

hi! does the audiofire 12 work? with logic? i got myself a audiofire 8 but under logic it crackles sometimes like crazy. only in windows it works ok. also, the audiofire console takes about 3 minutes to launch. when i try to record something in logic pro, there are frequent synchronisation errors...

familiar? solved? thanx!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

They do have the source online:

http://echoaudio.com/Downloads/Developer.php

I have a Layla24 and have been wanting to get it working with osx86 since the beginning.

Echo has a driver for their Firewire based cards running on osx86, but not for the PCI cards.

I contacted them over 6 months ago for their driver source code, but they said they typically don't release it.

There IS an open-source driver, but it's only a skeleton driver - it requires the driver author to code platform support code.

Interestingly, this code has been written for the Firewire stuff - I'd think it'd not be that much work to convert everything to work with the Layla24 if I had their source.

It sounded like in the last email they could possibly be persuaded to give it out if they were convinced it was a good thing to do so.

I'm a pretty decent coder and I'd be willing to code the driver if I had their source.

• 2 weeks later...
hi! does the audiofire 12 work? with logic? i got myself a audiofire 8 but under logic it crackles sometimes like crazy. only in windows it works ok. also, the audiofire console takes about 3 minutes to launch. when i try to record something in logic pro, there are frequent synchronisation errors...

familiar? solved? thanx!

I think it may have something to do with your firewire card. Check here for what Echo recomends: http://www.echoaudio.com/Support/FAQ.php#3

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, Echo user here too. I'm a Windows user normally, sequence with my Mia (oldie but goodie -- low latency, very clean ADC/DAC). I popped OSX86 just to try Logic Audio and to check out Mac OS. My USB audio interface works, but it's just not as good as the Mia.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

I know I'm really late to the party (11 years later) but I know that a guy compiled a driver from sources for the Echogals cards (Darla 20, 24): https://sites.google.com/site/echodriverosx/

I tried it on my Hackintosh Mavericks but obviously, it didn't worked for my Mia first gen. The driver is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsCftN_jdRMFqnCWYjhsgCATkjiy

He compiled from Echo generic source but I don't have any coders ability, here are the sources: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsCftN_jdRMFqnKsWd9f43gm_Jux

Someone able to compile for Echo24 cards?

Thanks,

Patrice