Universal REAL Player

suleiman

25 posts in this topic

Although this news was already released to this forum by nixblicker in this thread: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=2965&hl=

I thought this news apt enough to merit it's own forum thread. So everyone, feel free to go to news.bbc.co.uk and get some REAL news (pun intended =P) now that you can!

Download link is here: http://www.macupdate.com/download.php/8428...layer10GOLD.dmg

Hmmm for the heck of it I installed it. Thought I'd maybe watch those rmvb files I had laying around.

1. The newest version shows as a PowerPC app in system profiler for me.

2. Performance is terrible.

rogabean, you must have mistakenly downloaded the PowerPC version, as mine reports itself as "Universal" in the Get Info dialog box.

The performance of the PowerPC version is indeed terrible. If you try going to MacUpdate they usually keep a link to the intel version. I'm sorry to all who tried to follow my link above to find it dead as a doorknob, but the website should have the most recent links posted there.

I've looked all over.. All I find is that same version over and over.. including on macupdate. Just ends up putting me at real's site for a 8mb download that is the powerpc version... despite the fact that the macupdate page said it was the universal version... weird.

I've looked all over.. All I find is that same version over and over.. including on macupdate. Just ends up putting me at real's site for a 8mb download that is the powerpc version... despite the fact that the macupdate page said it was the universal version... weird.

I'm having the same problem. Could someone post their universal version on Rapidshare or something?

iam having a bug that you see the purple and green colors when iam playing a video in realplayer... its really strange because if you pause the video the colors are normal.. btw iam using a radeon 9600 with QE and CI and a sse 3 pentium processor. Does anybody's got a solutio for this bug? :D

gr ..

sorry i already found the answer :$ to solve it

open realplayer go in preferences then in the playback tab

deactivate ''Use video overlay optimizations"

and solved :guitar:

Wowee... this realplayer is really fast now. Thanks for another great reminder, suleiman.

These unibin days my osx dramatically increases speed and also system integration.

I mean saft is unibin now, flash and real. I am still missing a mediaplayer unibin but it's good to have real. :P

• 3 weeks later...
Btw im "dead" i have the bug of the 2 colors : green+purple , i cant watch video ;)

i have a radeon + SSE2

I noticed that if I force my universal RealPlayer binary (downloaded from real.com) to run under Rosetta that I don't get the green+purple screen. Performace is better with Rosetta unchecked, of course.

EDIT: Whoops! Looks like turning off video overlay optimizations does the job better - you can still run as an Intel app. -k

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...