Weird problem.. system momentarily "pauses" after installing nForceLAN driver

Angad

1 post in this topic

Hi All,

I am a complete n00b to the OSx86 community and have been trying to get leopard up and running on my Acer 4520 since the past 3 months. So far it has been 78 tries, 2 f**ed up DVD drives, and 10s of gigabytes of osx86 distro downloads and today morning I finally got it working today morning! :(

Leo4Allv4.1 - Mac OS X 10.5.4 is up and running with no sound, wifi, ethernet (initially), usb 2.0 or CI/QE.

I followed this thread and installed the nForceLAN_0.62.13.pkg.zip driver. Ethernet worked like a charm with no cpus=1 or any kernel flags at boot. Just plain simple worked.

THE PROBLEM:

After installing this driver, starting from the boot procedure upto normal operation, the system just keeps stalling/freezing, and as soon as I move my mouse or hit the keyboard it continues again for 5-10 seconds and then freezes again. So as long as I keep hiting keystrokes or shaking the mouse all is good.

It's a really weird problem. Is it because I am running 10.5.4? AMD? Acer?

Please help as I need to use zeph's ASU tool to update to 10.5.6 which is a 600 mb download and its not possible to keep movin the mouse around for as long as it takes to download that on my 256 kbps connection :D

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!