citrix ica client?

dponmac

5 posts in this topic

i know this is probably a longshot but, has anyone had luck with citrix ica client? i d/led and installed the lastest version, it installs about halfway and quits, yet the icon is on my desktop and it opens but i cant get any connections setup

Not sure how useful this is, but...

I can install the latest version (28 July 2005 I think). The installer runs completedly and doesn't crash. However, I don't have any Citrix servers to test to, just some normal Windows Terminal ones. For some reason you have to make a connection file w/connection editor though, can't do it straight from the client for some reason.

SSE3 system here.

I installed the OSX client and I can get the apps to load from my farm. However I have to download the launch.asp and then double click it to connect. My guess is because I have loaded it into the browser. I have been able to connect with Safari, Firefox and Opera. Wish I could get Sound to work On my IBM T42 to see if the sound support works in Citrix.

Latest Citrix ICA client for Mac (7.00.406) installs with no problems, and is working perfectly here with client profiles.

It also works here with NFuse, though I have to doubleclick the downloaded launch.asp file. This is in Safari, which I am running in PPC (Rosetta) mode.

HTH...