Intel Wireless Drivers [OSx86]

pjmiller435

254 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The project is dead....

project champhor, iwidarwin or whatever...its seems so hard to create a fully working kext for this intel wireless card. all we can do is replace it with wireless card from broadcom or atheros with better support in OSX. Or get a USB wireless dongle sounds okay, and hoping apple will put this card into their macbook products in the future

Hello there !

I have now upgraded my System to Snow Leopard everything (Intel® WIFI Link 5100© not !!!) is now on Work. IR Remote control and FingerPrint reader works!! Now the beta-kext of the Intel 5100 do not work. I'm still working on a new Wireless PrefPane to Pick Up ours Network.Can anybody make the beta version of the beta kext ?

Please, help me!

I have Dell Inspirion 1300 with iATKOS v7 10.5.7 installed…

Everything works perfectly but wifi (Intel Wireless Pro 2200BG) with iwi2200 don't want to connect to WPA network. There is no problems with non secure connections but almost everywhere they use WPA or WPA2...

Can anyone help me? Will be very appreciated…

Thanks!

Please, help me!

Everything works perfectly but wifi (Intel Wireless Pro 2200BG) with iwi2200 don't want to connect to WPA network. There is no problems with non secure connections but almost everywhere they use WPA or WPA2...

Thanks!

Please, help me!

Thanks!

The Time to wait have now an end !!! I made for you WORKING Intel 5100 or 5300 kext. Just install the Package I uploaded up and with the Network Selector GUD 0.2 connect to your network. Good Luck. I made it and tested it! The Network Selector found my NETWORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone could now make the iwi2200 in snow leopard to work, i could make the intel 5100 driver on snow leopard to work. In Leopard i could get on work

So if you Help me i can help you

Intel___WIFI_Link_5100___5300.zip

The Time to wait have now an end !!! I made for you WORKING Intel 5100 or 5300 kext. Just install the Package I uploaded up and with the Network Selector GUD 0.2 connect to your network. Good Luck. I made it and tested it! The Network Selector found my NETWORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone could now make the iwi2200 in snow leopard to work, i could make the intel 5100 driver on snow leopard to work. In Leopard i could get on work

This is GREAT!! Hope that someone could port this to SnowLeo, I really want to use my native wifi card  :P

emshomar, can you help make the driver for 4965AGN, please? :thumbsup_anim:

OF Course ! Just send me your kext you used and tell me if your mac could find the card as Ethernet port.Thank you!

And please: You have just help me to port the Intel® WIFI Link 2200 into Snow Leopard.SO WANT NOT ANY MONEY

Thanks a lot for the driver, if it does work you need some serious respect!

I tried this driver on my 5100 it installs and seems to detect it as a ethernet port but I can't do anything more, it just says that the network is unplugged. I tried the network selector but it doesn't find anything, what am I doing wrong here? And why is the wireless recognised as an ethernet?

I have a new M6500 Covet and the OSX86 is just blazing fast! The drive was on my M6400 and transfered the drive over to the second bay to boot seperately. The M6500 comes with the new Intel N6300 Pro Wireless Card.

Are there are compatible drivers out there for it at the moment? I am sure there is not enough users of this type of card to warrant much effort but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Anyone have any ideas how I can go about getting this to work? Once this is up and running it will the Ultimate Dual Boot machine. The last one was really fast but it wasn't like this. Both were Quad Core Extremes but the new i7 is amazingly fast with OSX86 Snow Leopard 10.6.2

Thank you!!

I want to start this post by mentioning that I've been digging through threads for the past few days, and I can't seem to establish this question: Is there any way to get the Intel 3945 working with WPA networks under either 10.5 or 10.6?

10.5 doesn't seem to be possible and 10.6 is currently giving me grief even booting.

Cheers.

emshomar, can you help make the driver for 4965AGN, please? :)

OF Course ! Just send me your kext you used and tell me if your mac could find the card as Ethernet port.Thank you!

I do not understand only one thing, why has not so far invented driver for this card? On Ubuntu Netbook this card works perfectly! Given that there was no dancing with tambourines and OS was installed less than 15 minutes ... This is a shame for modern hackers and software developers :(

Last hope remains 'emshomar', because all the other (we will not name names and projects) were unfounded but really for so long did nothing! This is just horrible! : (

We hope to professionalism and altruism 'emshomar' .. so that other prospects unfortunately not visible on the horizon ...

I have this problem after the installation :

errorinstallwifi.png

The software says, the installation was a success. After the reboot, I see the Network Selector, but I can't use it.

I have a intel wifi link 5100 AGN and my computer is an Asus G60J-JX053V.

I have a new M6500 Covet and the OSX86 is just blazing fast! The drive was on my M6400 and transfered the drive over to the second bay to boot seperately. The M6500 comes with the new Intel N6300 Pro Wireless Card.

Are there are compatible drivers out there for it at the moment? I am sure there is not enough users of this type of card to warrant much effort but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Anyone have any ideas how I can go about getting this to work? Once this is up and running it will the Ultimate Dual Boot machine. The last one was really fast but it wasn't like this. Both were Quad Core Extremes but the new i7 is amazingly fast with OSX86 Snow Leopard 10.6.2

Thank you!!

Hi there!

I'm planning on getting a Dell M6500 myself and I was wondering if the Video Card that comes with this laptop (nvidia quadro 2800M or 3800m) is running properly in snow leopard (you know, with QE/CI enableb and external display via DisplayPort).

What is your configuration and how did you managed to get 10.6.2 working on your workstation? (I see that you had m6400 working with 10.6.2 and you installed that HDD on the second bay).

Thanks in advance for your help!

:( intel wifi 5100 kext...

when are you going to exist?...

very soon it looks like. someone posted kexts on google code that made snow leopard recognize my 5100 wifi card as an ethernet port (its says its unplugged though so no internet yet but a good step in the right direction.) It won't be of use to me though as i'm expecting a broadcom card i ordered to arrive tomorrow.