Intel Wireless Drivers [OSx86]

pjmiller435

254 posts in this topic

looks like this: Detected Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5300AGN REV=0x24

works on a macbook

anyone who like to send me this card just email me

it must be a "Apple" card otherwise the efi bios will prevent the macbook from booting

maybe other cards also work on the macbook - i don't have a clue

here's the logs - is this for real !?

http://bugzilla.intellinuxwireless.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2037

maybe Apple is working on making intel wireless cards work on mac os x ;)

UPDATE: i just asked David (check link above) and he said this card does work on is macbook (although he get some firmware errors) but NOT in mac os x - he as a true macbook but doesn't use mac os x...

please avoid posting comments in this thread with posting system.log's files

driver development is done if enough users test existing releases instead of demanding airport drivers wpa,etc

maybe 1st post should have "Development Drivers - not working" in bold

:)

yeah as you know, SOME people are..... a little off... lol.... ive been messing with the code the past two nights in free time, i havnt seen as many kernel panics in my life than those nights, haha.

Jav, can I ask why is the mac80211 commented out in the compatibility.cpp ? i thought the 5100's MLE / Media access was controlled by Mac subsystem or is it Full Mac? New to me if it is, crazy as well.

Also I got via -v/verbose mode in os x to detect the card, call up the channels, displays the channels and then panics around the iee80211 {censored}. I've been trying to toy with it, on one hand I got it to load with no KP but ill be updating tomorrow when i work on it then.

are you talking about cfg80211_xxxx() functions? -maybe some code is missing here not shore if we need all of it

if you can debug the driver to the stage when it load the firmware you should see in logs the rx/tx of beacons.

at this stage the driver will receive beacons from nearby stations

since we want the driver to be a client of this AP's we only need to have a main station and make it associate to a AP

in iwi2x00 this is much more simple...

my guess is you'll get less KP if you change the way the driver makes the 1st boot

maybe calling ieee80211_reconfig() isn't the best way

can you attach some logs? - i'd like to the see how the driver is loading

Intel development (3945 to 1000 cards)

check here http://bugzilla.intellinuxwireless.org/bug...ksearch=iwlwifi

to see linux development - some bugs are ucode related, others are small fixes in code

if you have this cards just join it and help Intel to develop the linux driver

Mac OSX86 have a lot to learn from this guys

download the linux tar.gz from http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/...iwlwifi;hb=HEAD

are you talking about cfg80211_xxxx() functions? -maybe some code is missing here not shore if we need all of it

if you can debug the driver to the stage when it load the firmware you should see in logs the rx/tx of beacons.

at this stage the driver will receive beacons from nearby stations

since we want the driver to be a client of this AP's we only need to have a main station and make it associate to a AP

in iwi2x00 this is much more simple...

my guess is you'll get less KP if you change the way the driver makes the 1st boot

maybe calling ieee80211_reconfig() isn't the best way

can you attach some logs? - i'd like to the see how the driver is loading

Intel development (3945 to 1000 cards)

check here http://bugzilla.intellinuxwireless.org/bug...ksearch=iwlwifi

to see linux development - some bugs are ucode related, others are small fixes in code

if you have this cards just join it and help Intel to develop the linux driver

Mac OSX86 have a lot to learn from this guys

download the linux tar.gz from http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/...iwlwifi;hb=HEAD

just to make sure you want my compiler debug logs, etc.? Or OS X Logs?

Im figuring but I just wanted to make sure, lol.

i've just update the svn tree to keep up intel linux development

they had fixed lots of bugs and i think it's important to follow they work

pjmiller435,

this release as lots of changes

can you debug it? (again)

i expect a bunch of KP

:huh:

looks like this: Detected Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5300AGN REV=0x24

works on a macbook

anyone who like to send me this card just email me

it must be a "Apple" card otherwise the efi bios will prevent the macbook from booting

maybe other cards also work on the macbook - i don't have a clue

here's the logs - is this for real !?

http://bugzilla.intellinuxwireless.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2037

maybe Apple is working on making intel wireless cards work on mac os x :D

UPDATE: i just asked David (check link above) and he said this card does work on is macbook (although he get some firmware errors) but NOT in mac os x - he as a true macbook but doesn't use mac os x...

Wow cant even believe that, like before all this im like its so awesome these intel firmwares are working so well and then i got to lookin at it. i was like hmmm, maybe the hex2string was corrupting OR not doing something right. BUUUUT then I noticed its the intel linux files themselves, ive looked up and found so many things wrong with the ucodes, lol but something is better than nothing i suppose.

some errors i dont even know how to begin to debug and fix, lol. others are more gentle and easily seeable. its pretty much looking like some gutting and filtering is needed to see what booms and what clicks, lol.

My damn OS X system log is being a {censored}, i swore I cleared it to display some stuff but its still full and not only that i cant find my recent log about my latest KP, i see it necc to get this fixed which im trying to go at work right now, lol.

I am so, so sorry guys, I'm so swamped with work, developing my mod and developing this. =)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/starship-troopers-source

Yeah, thats it so far. Been buried deep in code working on that as well as my work is over working me heavily, lol. It's redic. I have to get back to work now, got another database to build =(

is there anyone who got the intel 5100 working?

please let me know

No and there will be never a working driver until Apple would release drivers for the Intel 5100 card ... this also will never come true. So buy a Broadcom BCM card and you will be lucky.

Forget on thinking of a driver for a Intel 5x / 6x wifi card under MAC OS X.

sorry guys. its so hard right now for me to learn how this firmware works under linux, trying to test/debug it for osx, work at my job and also work on my video game. its becoming too much to handle. i feel its unfair but i have to do it, lol.

we actually have the firmware loading into osx , its just erroring out, so yeah, it will work one day, the iwiDarwin team have done so much to ensure future compatibility.

As far as apple never releasing it, that could become untrue as well because they were in talks of intel cards, so it may or may not come true one day. either way, one day it will be compatible.

PEOPLE PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE LATEST IWIDARWIN RELEASE NOW AND ATTACH YOUR SYSTEM LOGS IN HERE TO HELP US OUT!

I've never tried getting OS X on a PC before, so this is all new to me.

I'm trying this on a junky old Inspiron 600M with a 220BG card and BIOS rev. A17.

For some reason, I can mount and install the iwi2200 kext and install it fine, but when I try shutting down I get a kernel panic, and when I turn my computer back on I get a kernel panic.

However when I disable the PCI setting in the BIOS I get no kernel panics or anything bad. I'm completely stumped as of what to do.

I'm using 5100 card. I installed lastest driver from iwidarwin and got 2 kernel panic on shutdown and restart.

Have no 5100 driver ?? (PROSet/Wireless 3945, 4965, 5150, 5350, 6x00, 6x50, 1000 OS X 10.5) ??

I'm using ideneb 10.5.8 on hp dv5t-1000

I've never tried getting OS X on a PC before, so this is all new to me.

I'm trying this on a junky old Inspiron 600M with a 220BG card and BIOS rev. A17.

For some reason, I can mount and install the iwi2200 kext and install it fine, but when I try shutting down I get a kernel panic, and when I turn my computer back on I get a kernel panic.

However when I disable the PCI setting in the BIOS I get no kernel panics or anything bad. I'm completely stumped as of what to do.

hmm sounds/seems like the firmwares not loading correctly would be my guess as it seems to happen pre-osx during darwin.... not sure tho.... im a newbie to all this kind of stuff as well, trying to learn how to re-write these firmwares to work with osx, and it's kinda hard for me while doing so many things at once, my mods going great but its realle killing my sleep, rest and time, lol.

So whats the problem with your machines with your pci settings disabled? It act really funny, do anything in paticular? Drivers work or no? etc.

I'm using 5100 card. I installed lastest driver from iwidarwin and got 2 kernel panic on shutdown and restart.

Have no 5100 driver ?? (PROSet/Wireless 3945, 4965, 5150, 5350, 6x00, 6x50, 1000 OS X 10.5) ??

I'm using ideneb 10.5.8 on hp dv5t-1000

the drivers are out for users to submit their system logs and KP logs to better demonstrte where the errors are, what they are, why theyre happening, etc.

the first post says in BOLD only 2200, etc. drivers work, all the rest DO NOT.

iwifi rel 1239

download from iwidarwin

after some testing with a 3945 card i found out the ucode works

with a few hacks it's possible to make it associate to a network and start sending/receiving packets

next stage will be to make it stable - at this time the connection is unstable and drops very often

i believe this also work for 4965 cards

i have no idea about 5000/other cards - no way of testing

this release still needs several debugging and bug fixing

download and help debugging if you can

post logs in this thread

crashed in loading

try this and check if you always get the same kernel panic screen

turn the card on in windows

boot to mac os x

install the kext

reboot with -s

move iwifi.kext to from system/library/extensions to /

type kextload /iwifi.kext

try a few reboots with -s and check the kp screen

a good card for testing will be 4965. 3945 card's firmware is less stable

AvPyro - you can also test this with 5100. any intel card is good for testing at this stage - KP ;))