• 13 posts
Not yet probably never.

phnix2

phnix2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm sure it will be done EVENTUALLY?? I hope so anyway...

coldequation

coldequation

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Is his project different from jalavoui's code over at http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin?

Does anyone know whether jalavoui's code works well for the cards it supports? I ask because I'm involved with the effort to get the GMA4500 going. In my study of those docs, Intel tends to take a very evolutionary approach to how they create hardware. I assume the same would be true of the 5100.

They probably have made it more low power, and added draft-n capability.

So if the 5100 is not vastly different for the 3965abg, then it may not be a difficult task.

Are there any pointers to mercurysquad's code. I'm a developer and would like to see where things are at.

Thanks.

He's writing drives for Intel wifi is almost finished with 2200bg and then 3965abg (4-5 weeks time) and so on

tangsnoopy

tangsnoopy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Really hope it coming out!

coldequation

coldequation

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
It will be quite a while. mercurysquad is working on rewriting Project Camphor into VoodooWireless, an architecture for supporting multiple cards. Simpler fix is to buy a PCIE card...

bla'cappuccino

bla'cappuccino

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Sometimes i believe that 5100 will work in Snow Leopard...I don't believe that i'll have wireless on my Leopard :(

Kadjor

Kadjor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
The best solution for me is is changing my card to HP-PCI-E BROADCOM for 8 http://cgi.ebay.fr/w...em=320393136465

Twister_K

Twister_K

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
hey guys... not sure if anyone having intel 5100 have already tried this..

i dloaded the dmg for intel4965 from iwidarwin website and installed it onto my iatkos v7 system..

i changed the device id in the info.plist of the kext from 4230 to 4237 (for my intel 5100) and on rebooting i had a new "ethernet card" in the network preferences..

This ethernet always says "Cable is not plugged in".. and networkselector gui or nsgui also does not identify the card or any wireless network

I am able to see the mac address in "network utility" and the model as 4965bgn.. System profiler also indicates it as en1..

not sure how to make the device to connect to a network or turn it ON (LED is not lit so dunno if its on/off)

Hope this helps someone trying to make this wireless device work..

Cheers
NK

KSwoosh

KSwoosh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
any progress here?
i guess half the world's population would love this guy if he finishes the driver!

sosorio

sosorio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
os is there any news about snow and 5100??

KSwoosh

KSwoosh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

os is there any news about snow and 5100??

it doesnt work there either.

JaFay

JaFay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Awesome! Thanks so much for taking a stab at this. I wanted to give the LETHALintel thing a shot. Where would I find the package/application?

TeH_Sto0pit

TeH_Sto0pit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

i dloaded the dmg for intel4965 from iwidarwin website and installed it onto my iatkos v7 system..

i changed the device id in the info.plist of the kext from 4230 to 4237 (for my intel 5100) and on rebooting i had a new "ethernet card" in the network preferences..

This ethernet always says "Cable is not plugged in".. and networkselector gui or nsgui also does not identify the card or any wireless network

I am able to see the mac address in "network utility" and the model as 4965bgn.. System profiler also indicates it as en1..

not sure how to make the device to connect to a network or turn it ON (LED is not lit so dunno if its on/off)

Cheers
NK

I did the same on my HP dv7 with the intel 5100 wireless. It recognizes as ethernet because the kext was designed this way. It can't be used as an airport card, but it can be used as an ethernet card and the wireless connection is done using the utility provided in the pkg. It's a command line utility that manages the wireless connections. I think if someone can get the source code for this utility and re-tool it to work with the device ID of the 5100, they'll get somewhat closer, if not a fully functioning 5100.

Twister_K

Twister_K

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hmm.. I also tried loading mercurysquads 2200 driver in the same way (modifyin info.plist) and it was not able to detect the firmware..

Currently I'm just waiting for mercurysquad to complete his current drivers.. 2200 and 3945 i guess !!

TeH_Sto0pit

TeH_Sto0pit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hmm.. I also tried loading mercurysquads 2200 driver in the same way (modifyin info.plist) and it was not able to detect the firmware..

Currently I'm just waiting for mercurysquad to complete his current drivers.. 2200 and 3945 i guess !!

How can I check if mine has detected the firmware? My machine recognizes the card, but I don't know how to check if it's detected the firmware. Is there a difference?

h3ll89

h3ll89

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
any news for Intel 5100

h3ll89

h3ll89

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
plz uny one can answer me

pjmiller435

pjmiller435

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Cheers
NK

Thats probably because you'd need to edit things such as the WiFiPower.CPP file, etc. It will take more than just editing the info.plist unless everyone in the world is an idiot. Never really messed with it because of so many people claimed it never worked in any way, shape or form. Don't let that deeter you away from trying.

I'm really sorry everyone. I had a lot happen to me as well as crashing my computer. I moved out and didn't have internet until last month. I started getting pissed off wondering if I still had any backups of files.... which I do. So you doubters can see I was working on something. It's really early backup, my buddy Mark thinks some discs are in our storage unit and are headed over there today.... what got me to think of this? Guess what? My room mate and best friend just got a laptop and its...... a 5100 card and he wants mac up and running fully. i still have my p7805u fx edition laptop, so we're going to start messing with this thing again. I figured after I quit somebody or some group would have released something by now..... so I went looking and poof as we all know nobody has done anything. I can't help but think how close we were so I know its not impossible, its more probable than impossible given the history of statements from intel 5100 users.

EVERYONE WHO PM'D ME. WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW MORE THAN EVER. I'M TIRED OF HAVING NO WIFI IN OS X. I WAS FORCED TO INSTALL A BROADCOM AFTER LOOSING EVERYTHING. BUT {censored} THAT! I WANT TO FINISHED WHAT I PROMISED TO YOU GUYS.

Sorry for caps, lol. Sorry for delays, I really do apologize.

But again to answer some questions to your power problems..... youd need to get your hands on the source code of iwi like i was doing and trying to convert it to the 5100+.

#include "iwi5100.h"

/**************************************************************************
* POWER-MANAGEMENT CODE
* These definitions and functions allow the driver to handle power state
* changes to support sleep and wake.
**************************************************************************/

// Two power states are supported by the driver, On and Off.

enum {
kWiFiControllerPowerStateOff = 0,
kWiFiControllerPowerStateOn,
kWiFiControllerPowerStateCount
};

// An IOPMPowerState structure is added to the array for each supported
// power state. This array is used by the power management policy-maker
// to determine our capabilities and requirements for each power state.

static IOPMPowerState _wifiControllerPowerStateArray[ kWiFiControllerPowerStateCount ] =
{
{ 1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 },
{ 1,IOPMDeviceUsable,IOPMPowerOn,IOPMPowerOn,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 }
};

enum {
kFiveSeconds = 5000000
};

Thats what the power on/off relies on. Regardless of the switch being on or off. I would think of course you'd want the switch on the on position as well but from past.... it looks like the state of power can be software driven, giving full control over meaning even if youre switch is off it'll still be able to power on and perform. this is not the case with all cards however. it seemed to kill my 5100 trying that process earlier.

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
<string>iwi5100</string>
<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
<string>Copyright pjmiller435 2009</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>darwin.iwi5100</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>Intel® PRO/Wireless 5100 Network Driver</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>KEXT</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>????</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1.0.0a</string>
<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>
<key>iwi5100</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>darwin.iwi5100</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>darwin_iwi5100</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>iwi5100</string>
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

EVERYONE CAN E-MAIL ME DIRECTLY AT lethaldosemedia@gmail.com please show your support!

Here is a notable selection of files to preview and mess around with as a hobby cause youre pissed off your wifi doesn't work. any new angles, views is appreciated, professional or not.

You can also go to iwidarwin or google it and get the latest, greatest stable release....... you can get its source code and post it that would be awesome as well for all of us to download easily and view and make our theories, conclusions, etc.

These files are main to getting intel working on a linux, the main folder is the actual intel 5000+ drivers for linux. the rest are a random selection of C++ files, so you will need software to view and compile the code, etc. of course!

God bless and I look forward to a whole fleet of people to come help out in its last days.

YOU CAN REACH ME AT hackintoshmacintosh@yahoo.com ON YAHOO MESSENGER. ALSO IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS LIVE / MSN MESSENGER YOU CAN USE THAT NAME TO CONTACT ME AS WELL.

Attached Files

Mr. Moneybags

Mr. Moneybags

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Thats probably because you'd need to edit things such as the WiFiPower.CPP file, etc. It will take more than just editing the info.plist unless everyone in the world is an idiot. Never really messed with it because of so many people claimed it never worked in any way, shape or form. Don't let that deeter you away from trying.

I'm really sorry everyone. I had a lot happen to me as well as crashing my computer. I moved out and didn't have internet until last month. I started getting pissed off wondering if I still had any backups of files.... which I do. So you doubters can see I was working on something. It's really early backup, my buddy Mark thinks some discs are in our storage unit and are headed over there today.... what got me to think of this? Guess what? My room mate and best friend just got a laptop and its...... a 5100 card and he wants mac up and running fully. i still have my p7805u fx edition laptop, so we're going to start messing with this thing again. I figured after I quit somebody or some group would have released something by now..... so I went looking and poof as we all know nobody has done anything. I can't help but think how close we were so I know its not impossible, its more probable than impossible given the history of statements from intel 5100 users.

EVERYONE WHO PM'D ME. WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW MORE THAN EVER. I'M TIRED OF HAVING NO WIFI IN OS X. I WAS FORCED TO INSTALL A BROADCOM AFTER LOOSING EVERYTHING. BUT {censored} THAT! I WANT TO FINISHED WHAT I PROMISED TO YOU GUYS.

Sorry for caps, lol. Sorry for delays, I really do apologize.

But again to answer some questions to your power problems..... youd need to get your hands on the source code of iwi like i was doing and trying to convert it to the 5100+.

Thats what the power on/off relies on. Regardless of the switch being on or off. I would think of course you'd want the switch on the on position as well but from past.... it looks like the state of power can be software driven, giving full control over meaning even if youre switch is off it'll still be able to power on and perform. this is not the case with all cards however. it seemed to kill my 5100 trying that process earlier.

EVERYONE CAN E-MAIL ME DIRECTLY AT lethaldosemedia@gmail.com please show your support!

Here is a notable selection of files to preview and mess around with as a hobby cause youre pissed off your wifi doesn't work. any new angles, views is appreciated, professional or not.

You can also go to iwidarwin or google it and get the latest, greatest stable release....... you can get its source code and post it that would be awesome as well for all of us to download easily and view and make our theories, conclusions, etc.

These files are main to getting intel working on a linux, the main folder is the actual intel 5000+ drivers for linux. the rest are a random selection of C++ files, so you will need software to view and compile the code, etc. of course!

God bless and I look forward to a whole fleet of people to come help out in its last days.

OMFG, YOU'RE BACK!!!! I hope I can FINALLY get my wifi working again. I'll be glad to help!

Kelvin Delmonte

Kelvin Delmonte

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Great that ur back dude... what happened to you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy