• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

MoFF

MoFF

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Really glad to see this is being worked on!

Thanks very much, it's much appreciated.

true duel

true duel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
any progress update pjmiller? its been 10 or so days since we last heard from ya. just wanna make sure everything is alright.

astig_z

astig_z

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Cool! hopefully this works out soon! glad to see that someone is working on this!

typhoch2

typhoch2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Oh that's soo great! I need this driver, because I've only got Wlan at Home and had to go to Vista, if I want in the world wide web.

Hopefully you give us an update with your work.

Cheeers

tk31

tk31

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
yay intel WiFi Link 5100! its so annoying not to be able to use wi-fi. Hope this turns out well, even if the post seems a bit dead.

soulreaver1337

soulreaver1337

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
yeah, i'm really on your side. hope you will get it working perfectly :D

nateh202

nateh202

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been waiting for this for a very long time, and no Kext for the 5100 is the only reason I don't use OS X on a regular basis. I noticed that your last post was 2 weeks ago. Are you still working on this, and is there any word on the release? Thanks for your work, and good luck.

Bear Tung

Bear Tung

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i'm glad to know somebody working on it. i am a linux developer using c++/python but a newbie to osx.
i have seopard 10.5.6 and ethernet working in my thinkpad t400. i want to know how i can help?
and my email: beartung@gmail.com

n01d3a

n01d3a

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey I would love to test out your program. I am not a coder just want to feel like something is happening with this wifi card. Like so many other people the wireless is the only thing not working. It would be cool to try out your program even if it is not fully working just to have hope that this card will be supported soon. Anyways thanks for all your work!!!!

bburkert517

bburkert517

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Awesome! Thanks for working on this, it is the one thing keeping me from using my Hackintosh full time :rolleyes:

Please don't abandon this project! That would suck.

evilgeek

evilgeek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just wondering if you knew how close Intel's 4965AGN revision is to their newer 5100 your working on? Possibly if it's not too much trouble include support for the 4965AGN?

blackhand1001

blackhand1001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Just wondering if you knew how close Intel's 4965AGN revision is to their newer 5100 your working on? Possibly if it's not too much trouble include support for the 4965AGN?

Actually the 4965 is already supported by the iwidarwin project.

spartango

spartango

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hi,
I'm a C/C++/objc etc. developer with quite a bit of experience working at kernel level with OSX. I'd love to collaborate if that's possible; I have 10.5.6 and 10.5.7 on multiple machines for development, could test on a 10.5.7 HP HDX 16. Excellent work, much appreciated, and a good approach I think.
thanks. spartango

Ryan Vincent

Ryan Vincent

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
hey dude i have an hp 550 and a intel wifi link 5100 agn card that i traded my friend and it says 104 unsupported if u have a way to get this to work on my laptop i can help u program ive done it with my friends and i can do it now if ya want

typhoch2

typhoch2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
hmm pjmiller is over 2 weeks unavaliable. Maybe he has given up. I've followed this thread and maybe one of you start a new programm on his own with these helpers.

Cheers

avree

avree

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

hmm pjmiller is over 2 weeks unavaliable. Maybe he has given up. I've followed this thread and maybe one of you start a new programm on his own with these helpers.

Cheers

Hopefully, he'll return. He hasn't actually distributed any of the stuff he was doing (to my knowledge), so it'd be difficult to start work from where he left off...

rachaf

rachaf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
to all who need this kext please keep this up

Mr. Moneybags

Mr. Moneybags

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
he's not coming back. You all are getting your hopes up now. It's been about 3 weeks since we last heard from him. Sometimes, you gotta learn to cash in your chips. If he comes back, great, then we may get a driver. if he doesn't, then you gotta realize that maybe he was just playing us or maybe something happened to him. We dont know; but if we keep our hopes up, then we'll just feel even worse after 3 months of not hearing from him. I was REALLY looking forward to the driver just like everyone else did so don't think i'm just trying to upset you guys, but i doubt that it's going to be done at the present situation. That's all i have to say for the time being.

taelmx

taelmx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yeah 3 weeks is kinda...losing hope...so yeah...we need a new thread to get some people to develop a driver...

Mr. Moneybags

Mr. Moneybags

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I have an idea....a guy I know's friend made a driver for this. I tested it but nothing happened. If one of you guys wants to take a look at it and see what might be the problem, that would be great! I don't know if it's just a fake, but if someone could take a look at it and try and fix it up, that would be a GREAT help!

Attached File  Intel_Wifi_Link_5100.kext.zip   99.12KB   690 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy