Nvinject 9200M GS

2o2

46 posts in this topic

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...aded&start= (idk why its in the ati forums lol :)) states that he got his 9200M GS working with Nvinject by changing the probescore to 0. I keep installing osx 10.5.6 with vodoo kernel (also sometimes try sleep kernel 9.2.0) and can get everything working fine except the damn graphics card :( after the install i reboot with -s and edit the info.plist in the nvinject.kext replacing the deviceid long string with "0x10de06e8" my device id and change the probescore to 0 and it boots but doesnt show my device!!!!?!!? any idea why? so frustrating, if i dont edit the nvinject it just boots to black screen

i have it working with the latest nvdarwin. even QE/CI

so u just installed the nvdarwin 256MB package? u didnt install the laptop display drivers or anything else in osx86 customize screen? and also u didnt patch anything? thanks for the info though

thanks for NvDarwin suggestion, so i chose nvdarwin 256MB and i boot up in verbose mode, it detects my graphics card properly and shows all the details such as stuff like this, but then just hangs on a black screen (screen just goes instantly black) :hammer: how do i fix this?

card = 9200M GS

vram =<data not shown>

so i removed nvdaresman.kext and system boots up with 1024x768 and no quartz extreme wow thats annoying! how do i enable qe on this card and better resolutions such as 1366x768?!

thanks for NvDarwin suggestion, so i chose nvdarwin 256MB and i boot up in verbose mode, it detects my graphics card properly and shows all the details such as stuff like this, but then just hangs on a black screen (screen just goes instantly black) :thumbsup_anim: how do i fix this?

card = 9200M GS

vram =<data not shown>

so i removed nvdaresman.kext and system boots up with 1024x768 and no quartz extreme wow thats annoying! how do i enable qe on this card and better resolutions such as 1366x768?!

are you sure you removed all the previous injectors? like njinject or nvkush? and make sure that you have the stock NVDANV50hal and geforce kexts

are you sure you removed all the previous injectors? like njinject or nvkush? and make sure that you have the stock NVDANV50hal and geforce kexts

can u link me to geforce kexts and stock NVDANV50hal? or do they come with install, cuz on the install i can check "latest macbook nvidia kexts" and under the description it says "support for some of the newer 9xxx nvidia cards" should i check that? or just nvdarwin 256 because either way i get a black screen :)

can u link me to geforce kexts and stock NVDANV50hal? or do they come with install, cuz on the install i can check "latest macbook nvidia kexts" and under the description it says "support for some of the newer 9xxx nvidia cards" should i check that? or just nvdarwin 256 because either way i get a black screen :)

wow im retarted, injects dont work on 10.5.6 so im trying 10.5.5 now. can u tell me how u installed like what u checked and how u installed it?

yeehaa thanks for all of you help so far!

its so frustrating, so i clean installed leopard 10.5.5 with

Pc_EFI V9

x86 Enabler

AHCI Intel ICH9

battery driver

realtek r1000 ethernet

EFI_AIR

9.5.0 Voodoo kernel

and no video drivers

i then proceed to install nvdarwin but on boot it recognizes card but screen goes black. i then put my device id and changed probescore to 0 in nvdaresman.kext and nvda50hal.kext and now it still identifies card name correctly but gives me nvda:((GRAPHICS FAILED)) or something like that :( grr, is there something im missing because this just isnt working :( i should chose the 256MB option right?

try 10.5.6 ...

the 9000 series only works on that version if i'm right

ive tried 10.5.6 too, nothing works :( always a black screen, and when i remove nvdaresman.kext i get screen but no qe/ci :( could this possibly be cuz of my nvcap?

Type 9200M in the search box and look through the results for solutions.

Also try CoreVidia:

http://osx86tuga.com/index.php?showtopic=55

Don't forget to delete the previous injector first.

Also try this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132089

so if i use corevidia and latest drivers, will qe/ci work or will i also have to use gfx strings? and also will this work on 10.5.5 or just 10.5.6? btw the search function doesnt work for me, it always says no results :) thanks though for the suggestions

Try it and see, you have nothing to lose. No promises, no guarantees. If you want it the easy way, buy a Mac.

Use an injector or EFI device property strings, never use both at the same time.

The search works for me, try switching to the 'insanely lucid' theme, theme switcher is at the bottom left.

If it still doesn't work delete your google cookies and try again.

Try it and see, you have nothing to lose. No promises, no guarantees. If you want it the easy way, buy a Mac.

Use an injector or EFI device property strings, never use both at the same time.

The search works for me, try switching to the 'insanely lucid' theme, theme switcher is at the bottom left.

If it still doesn't work delete your google cookies and try again.

i thought 10.5.6 didnt support injectors such as corevidia so i would have to use 10.5.5

i thought 10.5.6 didnt support injectors such as corevidia so i would have to use 10.5.5

Even if that was the case, it would be the other way 'round.

The author of CoreVidia is using it on 10.5.6 - look at his signature.

Even if that was the case, it would be the other way 'round.

The author of CoreVidia is using it on 10.5.6 - look at his signature.

thanks man, im gonna try corevidia on 10.5.6 and let ya know, i still cant get the damn search function to work :D oh well though

thanks man, im gonna try corevidia on 10.5.6 and let ya know, i still cant get the damn search function to work :) oh well though

that pcwiz custom search will be really helpful. try that.

i am using a 10.5.6 distro (iPC) with nvdarwin. i tried EFI strings but was a no go. could never get QE/CI. seems to be some dumb issue, but went the easier nvdarwin way. do a clean install with no graphics drivers and then install nvdarwin after the first reboot. you may also try the graphics update from apple. sorry, but am out of ideas!

thanks for NvDarwin suggestion, so i chose nvdarwin 256MB and i boot up in verbose mode, it detects my graphics card properly and shows all the details such as stuff like this, but then just hangs on a black screen (screen just goes instantly black) :( how do i fix this?

card = 9200M GS

vram =<data not shown>

I have exactly same problem. My screen goes black everytime I try this. My system works but my monitor doesn't. I don't know how to get it worked. I thought that it happens because osx selected external DVI output as a primary display. (Because I connected external VGA Monitor and my laptop's monitor didn't work) But I don't have DVI output on my laptop. it has HDMI port. Is HDMI equal to DVI? Maybe it selected external HDMI as a primary display??? :(:unsure: :unsure:

yeehaa which nvdarwin did u chose? 256MB or 512MB?

and yeehaa, could you please email me all of your nvidia kexts and nvdarwin kexts @ babolatace510@gmail.com if its no too troublesome. thanks.

sorry for being such a pain in the ass

still getting black screen, tried deleting all of the nv*.* files and ge*.* files in extenions dir and reinstalling 9 series drivers, it regognizes my device 9200M GS but black screen still. i tried connecting an external VGA display but doesnt work :D any other suggestions such as bios settings to tweak? on the install i check these, anything wrong here, on installing 10.5.6

9.5.0 Voodoo

Seatbelt.kext fix

DSDT patch

SMBios ANV macbook pro

Chun Nan battery fix

Chun Nan's IOPCMCIA.kext fix for proper detection of pci devices (could this be the problem)

Kext Helper B7

Pacifist

Intel Ich10 Sata Support (for ICH10/9 intel chipsets, with ntfs icon fix)

AR5007EG wireless fix with kismac

realtek r1000

ps/2 keyboard fix

yeehaa in your signature it says "9200M GS (512MB)" did u install the 512 MB nvdarwin, cuz the 9200M GS only has 256MB of memory not 512?

so i reinstalled 10.5.6 vanilla install and the screen still goes black. i am pretty sure that it thinks there is an external display connected. i have both an hdmi port and a vga port. i tried to plug a vga adapter in and that didnt work but i dont have anything hdmi to try :D is there any way to set the display to the internal laptop display in a kext or other file such as com.apple.boot.plist?

I'm in the same boat.  I just got a Samsung X460 and have been unpleasantly surprised by this problem.  On my Asus A8Js I had a Geforce Go 7700 and using the boot-132 method I installed 10.5.6 retail on it with no problem and had the native 1440x900 resolution when booting from the OS X Install DVD as well as once it was installed. Same is true on my desktop with an 8600GT.

Sadly the boot-132 method with the 9200M GS will start to boot from the OS X Install DVD, and using -v shows that NVKush recognizes the "I Can Has Model?" and things seem fine, then when it comes to loading the GUI, the screen just goes blank.  Same problem as everyone else.  My hard drive light and optical drive light continue to blink and act like the OS X is loading the GUI, just nothing displays on the screen.  I'm borrowing a friend's HDMI cable later tonight so I will try that, but I sort of doubt that it would be using the HDMI or the VGA as a default output because that just doesn't make sense for OS X to be set up that way on a notebook unless it's a bug. It also seems unlikely because yeehaa and age_sabres18 say that they used either nvinject or nvdarwin and edited the "device id" and changed the "ioprobescore" to 0, and it worked.

I figured a hacked disto was worth a try and used ideneb 10.5.6, which does load the GUI on the screen like normal when booting from the DVD (which the retail DVD didn't).  But installing the PS/2 fix and one of the nVidia drivers (tried nvdarwin, I think the options were nvdarwin, nvinject go, nvkush, and one other) leads to the same thing at boot as the retail DVD does when it's time to load the GUI: hard drive still going and appearing to load things up and be ready to go, but a blank screen sitting in front of me. I have no experience with the device id and ioprobescore stuff, but if I have time after my exam tonight I'll see if I can test that.

yeehaa was nice enough to pm me his kexts (nvdaresman nvdarwin nvdan50hal geforce) and i installed them using kext helper. no luck :wacko: same boot into black screen. I really think it is because osx and graphics card arn't recognizing the display or are trying to connect to another display :D i am trying to fool around with edid editor, but i can't find a way to get my edid using windows :D is there any way to set internal display to default? i think thats the issue

so i was playin around with edid editor and using osx displayutility.app i booted up and instead of black screen i get a black screen with a narrow red and white line shooting vertically down the screen! woot i guess thats some progress!

很麻烦 :(