[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

Hi, this may be a silly question, but does it run okay with the disabler kext (or IntelCPUPMDisabler kext)? If it does, why do you want to get rid of that one?

Secondly, do the HPET features work in Windows?

i fixed DSDT, boot message doesnot output 'HPET: probeHPET() failed' and 'ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed'.

i success to sleep , wakeup and speedstep :)

up-xepid9926.jpg

up-xepid9927.jpg

no more disabler.kext or NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and VoodooPower.kext.

S3 sleep is ok, Sleepenabler.kext is not required.

only need below kexts on 10.6.1 32/64bit.

fakesmc.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

kernel flags dropSSDT=y

if you want to use 10.5.8, change fakesmc.kext for Leopard.

my dsdt file has a few problem. MiniHack's dsdt also has them.

1. wakeup after sleep, ethernet is inactive.

2. wakeup after sleep, USB power and Device Removal(inserted USB stick) error.

3. often kernel panic when load AppleHDA.kext with LegacyHDA.kext

up-xepid9930.jpg

GF9300_D_E.zip

Amazing work minihack! I just read the whole thread, and I'm going to probably build a tiny hackintosh, very shortly.

May I suggest that it might be a good time to do a consolidated post with links to all the currently required kexts?

Quick Questions.

1. It's not clear whether I can just use YOUR dsdt file or if I need to follow your instructions to edit.
  2. Does sleep work flawlessly? never have been able to get sleep working on my shuttle sg33g5 which is irritating.
  3. I take it LAN works, but Wifi does not survive a sleep, right.

Thanks in advance. :)

this all looks very good

i am just preparing my harddrive for my 9300 in a sugo 05

sleep seems to be still not working for everyone - that would be great to have

unfortunately its all a bit confusing with the kexts and files

i assume everyone here is doing the Hidden EFI partiton Chamaeleon install

can people with very well working machines please upload their files ?

kexts in EE

kexts in SLE

dsdt.aml

other files that are not vanilla and that are needed for proper funciton

does anyone use

AppleSMBIOS.kext

com.apple.Boot.plist

?

i would be especially interested in MINIHACKS files

i dont know if i am up to date with all the files

would be good to have a complete zip file with all the current files that one can use out of the box

for example zip your hidden efi partiton

is anyone working with a 100% vanilla install ?

so all files in the hidden EFI and no files on the snow leo install ?

I've been using this board for a few months now, and I really like it, but I have been having the same crashes that some others have mentioned. Right now, i'm having a kernel panic almost exactly every 2.5 days. I was getting kernel panics about every 1.25 days a while ago, but resetting the BIOS settings has brought me back to 2.5 days between crashes. I'm not convinced that it has to do with heat - the time between crashes is very repeatable and doesn't seem to depend on load at all, although sometimes sudden network or USB activity can trigger them when it's almost "time" for one to occur anyway. The GPU heatsink doesn't feel that hot to me, either, although that is of course highly subjective without a program to measure it. I really don't want to RMA it, since the last time I did that (long story), it took over 3 weeks to get back to me and I can't be without it for that long. I leave it running 24/7 and use it to record TV programs with EyeTV as well as for file and print sharing, so it is really important that I get it working stably. If anyone has figured out anything about these crashes, it would be greatly appreciated. Other than this problem, I have no complaints whatsoever with this board, but if I can't fix this, I might just have to sell the parts and buy a mac mini, which I really don't really want to do either. If all I need to do is put in a new gpu heatsink or add another fan, that's great, but I'd like to know that it's going to work before I spend the money on it.

Thanks, jjlange

I've been using this board for a few months now, and I really like it, but I have been having the same crashes that some others have mentioned. Right now, i'm having a kernel panic almost exactly every 2.5 days. ...snip...

Thanks, jjlange

My daughter was getting the same KPs until I removed VooDoo Power kext. Ever since then, no more kernel panics...

Patrick

thx MiniHack, modify guides.

i tried to up BIOS to ver 2K090903, then improve usb power error and removal error.

change nvenet.kext to nForceLan.kext, s3 wake up later, lan is active on 10.5.8!!

in addition, usb mouse wake up is ok! i think all work perfectly.

in the future, chek in on snow leopard. up-xepid10289.jpg

I seem to be having an issue with the on board HDMI connection. I have my Zotac hook up through my stereo and when either I turn off the stereo or change the HDMI source then turn on/change back to the Zotac, the screen is blue. I assume this is some kind of handshaking issue. I however did not have this issue before when using 10.5.8. This issue started occurring when I switched to 10.6 and switched to the gfx dsdt hack. I'd appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this problem. I basically have to hard shutdown the box when this happens.

first of all thanks minihack for the uber dsdt guide, helped heaps!

edit; nevermind sound suddenly works!

had a question about dsdt's too, if i did something wrong before hand and corrected the .dsl and compiled it to .aml could i just replace the dsdt.aml in my /efi/extra(using pc efi 10.5) and that would be it?

Is anyone having issues booting into SL while connected via HDMI? I've so far been unable to boot, Kp at apple screen. I'm using chameleon 3 with minihack's kexts, and a dsdt I created using minihack's awesome guide... again, no problems at all over dvi, but hdmi is being naughty.

Thanks!

thx MiniHack, modify guides.

i tried to up BIOS to ver 2K090903, then improve usb power error and removal error.

change nvenet.kext to nForceLan.kext, s3 wake up later, lan is active on 10.5.8!!

in addition, usb mouse wake up is ok! i think all work perfectly.

sounds very good

can you give some more details and files ?

what are your bios settings ?

is it all efi drive modifications with a 100% vanilla install ?

can you upload your efi partition files ?

thanks a lot

Ralink has now Snow Leopard driver for some of their wireless usb products:

http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=3

I think D-Link DWA-140 and DWA-160 use one of these chipsets (RT2870).

Did someone have a wireless USB based on a Ralink chipset (RT2870 /RT2770 /RT307X /RT2070 /RT3572) ?

May be it can be an alternative to the mini pci-e.

Hi,

I got just my Zotac 9300 C2D E8500 4GB 800Mhz 500GB sata samsung slim DVD RW &

Silverstone SST-SG05B to SL :o

First I wish to thank every one on this lively forum without it I would not have managed to SL.

Special thanks to MiniHack for making Audio a Snap and HugoKind who inspired me with

small is beautiful.

This morning I received the Rockland n3 USB long range WiFi which is SL compatible for $40.

I was looking for something stronger than my Zyxel G 202 which I used with Leo.

The Rockland n3 worked OOB with Leo and SL. The USB Wireless Utility is Ralink Version 1.6.8.0. ;)

http://rokland.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=336

Again thank's a lot to every one for making real personal computers a reality.

:blink:

Ralink has now Snow Leopard driver for some of their wireless usb products:

http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=3

I think D-Link DWA-140 and DWA-160 use one of these chipsets (RT2870).

Did someone have a wireless USB based on a Ralink chipset (RT2870 /RT2770 /RT307X /RT2070 /RT3572) ?

May be it can be an alternative to the mini pci-e.

Hi Gilberto,

I just got another USB WIFI device WiFire also a 40$ device and lo surprise the driver works for my old Zyxel G-202

so I just tested Rokland n3, Wi-Fire from www.hfield.com/support (you can download SL driver) and G-202.

Drivers for Rokland n3

http://rokland.com/store/drivers.php?osCsi...8dcfa6a3749607b

just in case some one is intersted.

:D

SL_Wifi_Rokland_n3_2.tiff

SL_Wifi_Wifire.tiff

SL_Wifi_G_202.tiff

Hi Gilberto,

I just got another USB WIFI device WiFire also a 40$ device and lo surprise the driver works for my old Zyxel G-202

so I just tested Rokland n3, Wi-Fire from www.hfield.com/support (you can download SL driver) and G-202.

Drivers for Rokland n3

http://rokland.com/store/drivers.php?osCsi...8dcfa6a3749607b

just in case some one is intersted.

:)

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm still looking for a WIFI "n" usb adapter and the Rokland n3 looks interesting, although I'd prefer a small adapter.

Have you tested it on Snow Leopard 64bits ?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm still looking for a WIFI "n" usb adapter and the Rokland n3 looks interesting, although I'd prefer a small adapter.

Have you tested it on Snow Leopard 64bits ?

Hi Gilberto,

my old Zyxel G-202 is a relatively small device and works with the drivers form Wi-Fire. In SL I'm just very fresh so

at present I have not tested 64 bit.

here the G-202

http://www.zyxel.com/web/product_family_de...A2-11B4CDDBC1E2

I'm amazed about this forum and the Zotac 9300 to day it seem's my best OS machine

Asus A8N SLI AMD dual CPU OSX 10.5.6 with IPC my first and gone since

Intel DQ45CB C2D E8500 OSX 10.5.8 OK but no sleep my main machine

Intel D945GCLF2 OSX 10.5.6 perfect sleep upgraded to 10.5.7 only induced Sleep I use it with my TV set

Wind U100 OSX 10.5.7 my perfect portable Sleep OK

and now Zotac 9300 OSX 10.6.1 with Sleep OK wake trough PWBT, will replace now my Intel DQ45CB.

I just tried 64 bits and I get KP any Idea?

Any way could live with this

;)

SL_Wifi_G_202.tiff

Hi,

Try booting into 64 bits with bootflag -v and see what it is that seems to cause the KP.

Yes, I think the board is actually pretty good. I do have an issue with it at the moment with PWRBT sleep causing a CMOS reset when I restart (not the RTC thing, but a completely separate issue) - so looks like you are more lucky than me with your config.

I have been reading around and see that some using the similar ASUS board have also encountered this. Interestingly it seems to be linked to individual config.s like CPU etc. Anyone else on E7400 have this issue?

Hi MiniHack & Gilberto,

It seems I've been a little hasty and happy about getting SL to work.

When all this happened my only connection was trough WiFi Rockland n3 and worked OOB.

I then tried Wi-Fire and Zyxel G-202 they worked nicely and still are but now I see they have the same

problem as the Ethernet connection which stays dead after a Sleep! :thumbsdown_anim:

But the Rockland n3 does wakes up after sleep! :)

Has some one got Ethernet working after Sleep or is this the actual state of the art?

OSX 64 works :) but

OSX 64 KP when I start in (-f)

afterwards iI start in (-v) and is OK.

and now to Gilbrto's questions no USB WiFi Rockland n3 is not seen in 64 :D

I don't know how stable the system is, when I installed CS4 the installing was OK

but had a few KP during CS4 & Acrobat pro update.... :wacko:

so I'm watching this to...

One frase struck me when I started the OSX road (i'm an old timer i.e DOS timer)

some one said "DONT GIVE UP" and I still do so.

I find OSX very very fascinating after 30 years of desert MS.

So on the road again.

;)

Snow_64.tiff

Well, my issue with power button sleep was simply solved by nothing more exotic than switching the power mode to S3 instead of S1+S3.

Keep up the research and I am sure we will get this almost perfect board fully sorted. I am convinced that the ethernet issues etc. can be resolved with some tweaking. Although to be honest this does not worry me as I rely on my nice PCI-e wifi airport which is solid as a rock.

Sorry to bother you, what is your pci-e model? does it wake up after sleep?

Thank's a lot.

Hi,

It is mentioned earlier in this (always growing!) thread, but to save wading through it, it is a DELL PCI-E card which in reality is actually an adapter card that will take any mini PCI-e wifi card. This is the model I think and this one looks like it has the adapter, the mini-pcie card and the antenna.

The mini pcie mine came with was a Broadcom model and it is OOB recognised as an airport card. It also works natively in Windows, and can be made to work in Linux after downloading a driver. If by any chance yours came with something that was not native airport, then because of the nice neat adapter you can always swap the Mini PCIe card for a genuine Apple one.

It has a never dropped out or failed on me yet and always works before and after sleep.

Thank's a lot looks neat I'm amazed about the external antenna.

I'm giving a try, holly ebay...

:)

this fixed my Lan

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1257796

for Snow

I am off the usb net now

HI,

I was well on with my USB network connection no problems so when then I could connect to Ethernet lots of KP every time I wanted to Backup with TimeMachine (USB connected) after a few min. KP could not understand what was happening but then remembered I had no problems when ethernet was not connected. So in System Preferences/Network

I deleted Ethernet service and Magically KP disappeared I still cross my fingers. An other issue Whit the Ethernet connection is that it does not wakeup after sleep. So as you did (thank you for posting) I installed the nForceLan.kext foe SL and lo no more KP :) but after sleep the connection goes to self assigned IP (by connecting and disconnecting the ethernet cable) no so internet connection :)

Is your wake up after (S3) sleep working?

Thank's a lot :)

and now to Gilbrto's questions no USB WiFi Rockland n3 is not seen in 64 ;)

So on the road again.

;)

Thanks again gaansan. I'll keep looking for an USB adapter that works with SL 64 OOB.

i fixed DSDT, boot message doesnot output 'HPET: probeHPET() failed' and 'ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed'.

i success to sleep , wakeup and speedstep :P

no more disabler.kext or NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and VoodooPower.kext.

S3 sleep is ok, Sleepenabler.kext is not required.

only need below kexts on 10.6.1 32/64bit.

fakesmc.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

kernel flags dropSSDT=y

if you want to use 10.5.8, change fakesmc.kext for Leopard.

my dsdt file has a few problem. MiniHack's dsdt also has them.

1. wakeup after sleep, ethernet is inactive.

2. wakeup after sleep, USB power and Device Removal(inserted USB stick) error.

3. often kernel panic when load AppleHDA.kext with LegacyHDA.kext

i use my DSDT fixed EIST(_CST evaluation failed), OSX 10.6.2 update is success.

if EIST in DSDT.aml is not fixed, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagent.kext is panic. use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Unsupported CPU: famliy = xxx, model = xxx, stepping = xxx"@/SourceCache/AppelIntelCPUPowerManagent/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-96/pmProcessor.c:210

if you use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with Sleepenabler.kext, Sleepenabler.kext is panic with new Darwin kernel 10.2.0. so, remove Sleepenabler.kext before update.