[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

I have modded the DSDT.aml again to perhaps work for 64 bit. Give it a try - at own risk!

What Ugokind says about using other peoples DSDTs is correct of course. You are better generating your own DSDT and then applying mod.s afterwards to your own. It is a particular "pain" for this board as after generating your own DSDT from the system, there are a number of fixes that need to be made before it will even re-compile without errors.

After I have finished trying to get my own DSDT as functional as possible I will see if I can get some time to write a little guide on making those corrections for this board, but you can get a good idea by generating your own dsdt.dsl and then comparing to mine.

UPDATE: Tested myself and works for full graphics in all modes: 32/64 bit Snow as well as Leopard. This was constructed for my system of C2D E7400. Try it and see if it works for you.

Great job! This DSDT.aml do a nice job for me. Full working QE in 64 Bit (-x 64 in com.apple.Boot.plist). Now I 'm connected with DVI.

UPDATE THE 1st POST WITH MINIHACK DSDT SNOW READY ATTACHMENT

it fits for 32 or 64 bit and has a good video injection too

thanks for the great developement!!

ugo

On a different matter, is anyone running parallels desktop on their Zotac? It never worked for me as it always errors with a message reading:

"Unable to start the virtual machine. The virtual machine cannot be started because the Mac main processor does not support hardware virtualization."

I cannot see a bios setting to enable hardware virtualization, so maybe it doesn't work - or maybe my E7400 does not support it? Anyone know for sure?

Thanks.

I had the same problem with my E5200. You need definitely Intel VT to run Parallels. There are different models of the E7400. But only one of them has Intel VT. See link below: http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=36500#specs

works for me in 32bit , except the video mem is 256 and it should be 512 ( your first version)

now in 64bit , for some reason it does not see my monitor name on VGA , but is does on hdmi which my 42"lcd is on

I was trying to google where to set the video memory in the dsdt.dsl

do you know where ?

also your 2nd version , does not see my hdmi , only one display

I plan on learning how to edit my own

It is clear that for some people my own (or anyone elses) DSDT is actually not the ideal for you. So I have written a guide specially for this board on how to (1) extract your own DSDT; (2) fix it so you can actually work with it; and (3) apply the hacks that will give you better functioning - especially graphics.

I did it step by step with fixing by hand - because you cannot patch this automatically. It is tedious, but it is possible.

I also put my original terrible DSDT.dsl, the editable fixed file DSDTfixed.dsl and my patched file DSDTSnow64.dsl in the zip file so you can get your own proper fixing done.

Have Fun!!!

;)

It is clear that for some people my own (or anyone elses) DSDT is actually not the ideal for you. So I have written a guide specially for this board on how to (1) extract your own DSDT; (2) fix it so you can actually work with it; and (3) apply the hacks that will give you better functioning - especially graphics.

I did it step by step with fixing by hand - because you cannot patch this automatically. It is tedious, but it is possible.

I also put my original terrible DSDT.dsl, the editable fixed file DSDTfixed.dsl and my patched file DSDTSnow64.dsl in the zip file so you can get your own proper fixing done.

Have Fun!!!

:)

Now with your excellent step by step instructions I was able to build my own DSDT but still no luck with changing monitor gamma in 64 bit mode ;)

Can I get the dsdt.dsl for this one ?

I need to compare the video section and see why I lose my hdmi with the new version , I also have figured out the video memory size also

:rolleyes: Please all try this .

I have modified the DSDT and for me it gives full graphics without any need for injector. I have tested only with DVI, so please try this with VGA and HDMI and let me know if it works for you.

I am using it with Snow Leopard 32-bit and Leopard, but it should [edit: does not! Try my kext in post 169] work also for 64-bit Snow.

Please, please try and let me know if it is as good for you as it is for me!!!

To test this please remember to delete the graphics injector (NVKush, ATY_Init etc.) from S/L/E and also to trash the extensions.mkext from System/Library/Extensions (Leopard) or from System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext (Snow Leopard) to force the machine to build a new extensions.mkext when you restart.

I hope this works for all of you as it means (for me anyway) a completely "vanilla" System with my only mod.s being in the bootloader.

ok I have figured it out got my own dsdt running

but 64 boot is crashing on though , I need to compare, enough for tonight

NVIDIA GeForce 9300 512mb:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9300 512mb

Type: GPU

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x086c

Revision ID: 0x00b1

ROM Revision: 62.79.34.0.1

Displays:

L2210NW:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

VW42LFHDTV10A:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Television: Yes

Okay, so I couldn't stop myself playing with this!

I have changed my guide in post 177 and modified the code for the graphics injection. The new code uses the NVCAP values from my first attempts, and also includes a section for specifying your VRAM size (according to how you set it in your BIOS).

In summary: NVCAP changed, VRAM section added, "Store Package" size increases from (0x14) to (0x16) - because of extra VRAM section.

For me, this works in all modes (Snow 32/64 and Leopard) and I think the NVCAP is the right one to allow the best detection of display types. Also included is a modified updated DSDT.dsl.

I think these should be the best ones yet, but hope to hear.

To keep it easy I have also uploaded the guide package to this post.

Thank you again! Now I'm able to correct my monitor profile (gamma ...) under SL 64 bit :blink:

is there a place that explains the fields/values in the NVCAP

I am using the values from your first attempt and that works for me , do you have 2 monitors ?

Okay, so I couldn't stop myself playing with this!

I have changed my guide in post 177 and modified the code for the graphics injection. The new code uses the NVCAP values from my first attempts, and also includes a section for specifying your VRAM size (according to how you set it in your BIOS).

In summary: NVCAP changed, VRAM section added, "Store Package" size increases from (0x14) to (0x16) - because of extra VRAM section.

For me, this works in all modes (Snow 32/64 and Leopard) and I think the NVCAP is the right one to allow the best detection of display types. Also included is a modified updated DSDT.dsl.

I think these should be the best ones yet, but hope to hear.

To keep it easy I have also uploaded the guide package to this post.

yes your version works for me now , except not stable in 64bit , I get the same think with my dsdt hack also

I got mythfrontend on the HDTV as I am typing this , it locked when I tried it in x64

Yes, I went back to those too (see last post I did), but have them now in a DSDT that works for 64 bit too.

Best way to get the NVCAPs that work were to boot with NVKush or ATY_Init in SLE and do it without using a DSDT, then look in the IOREG (you can use DSDTse for that if you want). If you then find the graphics section and look around you will find the NVCAPs that the injector used - then just use the same ones for your DSDT. The values I found in IOREG are exactly the ones I have in my first (and last!) versions and I think they are the best - for me anyway.

Hope that helps.

Thank you @MiniHack, I applied your last file and it's working very well on Snow 64bits (1 monitor).

For those like me that don't have a second Mac for preparing the HD, I found a good pre boot CD (based on Chameleon RC3) that is able to boot the Retail Snow Leopard DVD. I used it for install my hackintosh with no problems.

The link below is to the forum where I got the attached file (it's a Brazilian forum and unfortunately there is no English version and it's necessary to register before you can access it).

http://forum.hmbt.org/viewtopic.php?f=135&...fb84bb50df91914

Boot CD (ISO Format): LegacyBootCD.iso.zip

Thanks for the new DSDT.

You are right...mic and line in are not working.

Line out is OK (Snow 64)

Thanks. I think that the mic. does not work yet (I'd be very surprised if it did!). I hope that front and rear line outs work, line in (blue) hopefully and digital out should work. Thanks for confirming.

Did someone update the BIOS via DOS ?

I had created a bootable DOS usb drive, but when I try to apply the new BIOS, the awdflash.exe crashs and shows a message: "dos mem corrupted...".

I was able to backup the current BIOS, but I couldn't apply the new one.

Thank you.

I bought a Nexus Psile case for this MB, but I'm having a hard time for cooling it. I'm using a Big Shuriken cooler but the problem is that this case doesn't have space for an additional fan. I tried a slot exhaust fan, with no success.

I have a Intel Core2 Quad Q9650 and when I close the case, the temperature goes to 60C in a few minutes.

After +/- 20min the system freezes.

Did someone have cooling problems with this or other small case ?

Thank you.

I have the Psile case too. I have the Shuriken low profile cooler (SCSK-1000) and a little 40mm fan stuck on the side of that over the chipset heatsink to keep the onboard GPU cool. I have stuck a 60mm fan on the left back inside using double sided tape to push some air out of the case. It just fits there, although there isn't much in the way of holes to let the air through. The CPU (E7400) idles at 31-32 degC, but moves up quickly to 60+ when I start watching TV or using the internal DVB-S card, followed by a reboot without warning, unless I ease the plastic case up an inch or so. I've installed W7 with Speedfan, but Speedfan doesn't seem to be able to control the fan speeds. I'm thinking there is just enough room to put a thin (15mm) 120mm fan on the CPU side of the plastic case, by cutting a hole in the plastic and shaving a bit of the ally chassis away. Choice is pluck up courage and cut the case, or flog it on eBay and look for something else. Great looking design, but woeful attention to cooling.

@ntsmkfob I think eBay may be the best solution. Someone else may want to use this case with a properly CPU/MB.

Too sad...like you said, it's a great looking design case.

Probably I'll try the silverstone sugo sg06. It looks more appropriated for a quad core cpu.

Someone is using this case (SG06) ?

I have the Psile case too. I have the Shuriken low profile cooler (SCSK-1000) and a little 40mm fan stuck on the side of that over the chipset heatsink to keep the onboard GPU cool. I have stuck a 60mm fan on the left back inside using double sided tape to push some air out of the case. It just fits there, although there isn't much in the way of holes to let the air through. The CPU (E7400) idles at 31-32 degC, but moves up quickly to 60+ when I start watching TV or using the internal DVB-S card, followed by a reboot without warning, unless I ease the plastic case up an inch or so. I've installed W7 with Speedfan, but Speedfan doesn't seem to be able to control the fan speeds. I'm thinking there is just enough room to put a thin (15mm) 120mm fan on the CPU side of the plastic case, by cutting a hole in the plastic and shaving a bit of the ally chassis away. Choice is pluck up courage and cut the case, or flog it on eBay and look for something else. Great looking design, but woeful attention to cooling.

Hi, I have the same case. I have the problem that you have. I'm thinking to bore some holes on both sides to have a good convection.

Audio to try.

Another breakthrough, a couple of files attached.

First is:

"AppleHDA Stereo". This has all line outs (front rear green), Line in (rear blue), SPDIF out and rear pink Microphone working.

You can only have two "ins" with this kext (i.e. one mic, one line in) so if you prefer to use front mic rather than rear then go into the kext, go to plugins, platform driver, pathmaps and where you see node 24 replace with 25.

Second is "AppleHDA 6ch". Not much call for 6channels on Mac, as iTunes just does stereo, but if you want to play then try this kext and set it up using the "Audio Midi" thing in Applications/Utilities.

Have fun and hope nothing breaks (if you want safety go for the simple stereo kext).

Again, these are Snow only and replace your AppleHDA kext in S/L/E. To work you should inject from DSDT - my file attached as reference - or with some HDAenabler kext.

If you are on Leopard and want to use, then reverse engineer! :D

CREDITS: tmongkol injector kexts for gigabyte board, gave the breakthrough with these mod.s so big thanks.

The AppleHDA Stereo one caused the iTunes 9.0.1 upgrade failed, the system crash!

Also when I do Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions the system crash!

in italy when we see an amazing and wonderful thing.. and we look with big eyes.. open mouth.. and no words wants to come out..

(even if I'm not of sicily..)

we say

MINCHIA (and must speak loudly.. on the vocals.. like.. miinchiaa) so is slang for common people. . but .. see the Baaria latest film of Tornatore.. and comprehend what i'm saying..

such a spectacular job

thanks!!