[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

ZOTAC 9300 Mountain Lion

• Please log in to reply
832 replies to this topic

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
Right. Indeed.

If you read back..gaansan did the same mod and it run fine!

yozik

yozik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Anyone try to install 10.8 on this board yet?

Yozik

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,712 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
I'll try asap. But if you've a processor less or equal to DCD2,4.. You have to hack osinstall mpkg in order to bypass the setup checklist

bretel

bretel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
10.8 done for me and works really well !!!

yozik

yozik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Good to know it worked

I'll give it a try later today

Thanks

vindu

vindu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
been trying to get 10.8 running using myhack to build the bootable disk and not really having any luck(seems to boot the bootloader then reboot straight after)

anyone else been following any quick guides they'd care to share?

balderdashian

balderdashian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
For anyone interested, I got a great working 10.8 setup with pcb rev 01 of this board. No special DSDT hacking or kexts. The only catch is that I don't use the onboard graphics. I have an EVGA GT 240 card. After my successful install I took it out and rebooted to test the on-boad graphics and it didn't boot. Changing to "GraphicsEnabler=No" may do the trick though. If I try it I'll edit this post EDIT: That didn't work either. Note that I only checked the HDMI output. Other video outputs might work, and a DSDT file might solve everything. I'd love to test it more and try to get it working but I'm having overheating issues when the onboard GPU is enabled.

So for this layman's guide you need a supported graphics card, a USB pen drive (8gb), and a working OSX or OSX86 system (I used 10.6.6 - earlier versions may or may not work). Your Zotac board also requires 2GB of RAM or more.
I did not test the onboard audio as I use HDMI audio. Ethernet works perfectly.

1. Set BIOS to standard settings used by people in this thread. Enable AHCI for SATA, enable HPET, disable serial port, set audio to "External Codec" and set the USB Legacy to Low Speed.

* 2. Flash your BIOS with the modded firmware per the OP of this thread.

3. Use Google to find a popular, universal Mac application that's used to turn an 8gb or greater USB flash drive into a 10.8 install disk if you have the App Store version of the OS.

4. Set your BIOS to boot from the USB flash drive first.

5. Boot to it, open up Disk Utility, and prepare the hard drive volume you wish to install to (Mac OS Extended Journaled, GUID).

6. Install Mountain Lion to your new system disk.

7. Reboot, still booting from the USB flash drive, but select your new system disk in the bootloader menu.

8. Download the latest installer package for the Chimera or your favorite 10.8 compatible bootloader. Run it and install it to you system disk - BUT WAIT, this doesn't fully install it...

9. Bootloader installers seem to be unable to create the needed "/Extra" folder so create one manually on your system disk and copy the contents of the "/Extra" folder on the USB drive over to it. The folder is hidden, so use the Terminal or unhide it.

10. Unmount and unplug the USB drive and reboot using just your system disk. Voila.

** 11. If you have my graphics card and want HDMI audio, you'll need to download and install VoodooHDA 2.7.4 and reboot. Then open System Preferences/Sound and select the 2nd of 4 HDMI entries as your sound output device. Then go to /Applications/Utilities and open up Audio Midi Setup. Change your HDMI output format from 192k Hz to 48k.

12. Combo update to 10.8.1 did not cause any problems.

* UPDATE 1: According to ugokind (post #757 in this thread), the modded BIOS uses an older type of DSDT entry that prevents the onboard Nvidia 9300 GPU from working in Lion and Mountain Lion. So you might want to just use the newer DSDT instead of doing the BIOS mod.

** UPDATE 2: This applies to those with my setup (EVGA GT 240 and possibly other graphics cards). Do not install VoodooHDA. It was responsible for all my inexplicable problems. The issue is that once installed and the kext cache is cleared, it works fine. But if I changed any audio settings or installed any additional hardware (like my USB Wifi, or my printer driver) the system would hang on reboot. Once I removed it from S/L/E, all my "PCI Configuration Begin" and KP problems ended.

A workaround to still get HDMI audio is to search for a program on this board called VoodooLoader. Download it, and the VoodooPatcher, and patch it with the latest version of VoodooHDA.kext (2.7.4). This lets you manually load VoodooHDA when you need it without installing it. This usually works but sometimes causes a panic. It seems if you launch it and don't touch anything for 30 seconds, it's less likely to cause the KP.

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,712 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
Really a very good job.

I recommend you to attach external references in your post because of recent policy of the forum that deny to refers to other forum easily :)

C.Frio

C.Frio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Pandora Team
  • 1,092 posts
@vindu
Hi, I had similar issue and booted from a cdboot downloaded from HMBT,and the base system on a usb pen drive

Zotac mini itx h77, i3 2015, gf 210, 4gb, ssd64gb

C.frio

alexylee

alexylee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
@ugokind

I followed your Moded Bios guide, it is fantastic!

Now I have two questions:
1. although I change the video ram to 512 MB, but boot into Mac OS X 10.6.8 it is always showing 256 MB ram. Either I put GraphicsEnabler=Yes or not.
2. Is this BIOS suiteable for Mountain Lion?

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,712 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
Yes.the bios is good also for ml.
to have the good amount of ram you should use my dsdt or my bios.
Be careful to use the proper bios ..coerent to the type of mainboard

alexylee

alexylee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I see. Still need DSDT.
I've used your BIOS. I've D-E PCB01 mainboard. All goes well expect the video share ram.

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,712 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
Take the one in the 1st page !!!

alexylee

alexylee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hi ugokind,
Add DSDT...the system didn't boot! Remove DSDT the system boot with only 256 MB Video Ram.
Sometime the modded BIOS boot to blue screen, no mouse, no destop :(

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,712 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
Strange!
Stay in touch..i'll check later

alexylee

alexylee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I still keep the ZEvOreboot.kext in E/E. Should I delete it?

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,712 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello

I still keep the ZEvOreboot.kext in E/E. Should I delete it?

ok.
it's true! the black screen is because the 1st dsdt is the older style.. it uses NVDA,Geforce instead of NVDA,Parent that is needed in the recent Lion and ML
So if you scroll older pages from the latest.. you'll find Gaansan DSDT mwith the right entry. Or you can do it by yourself.

in Lion nd Aboveyou should delete Zevoreboot or mod the internal contents and plist because the Zevo is the sum of
-mouse injection
-sound injection (but for an older applehda kext of snow)
-reboot injection

so I think that youshould search for the recent aapplehda

.I'm sorry that in that answer I'm only writng that you shouldsearch.. but believe me .. recently there's all the guide and attachments you need.

sterzal

sterzal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi guys,

I need help with HDMI video output on my Zotac itx 9300 mobo PCB01, i'm using my own DSDT and Lion 10.7.2 with ###### chimera bootloader. The system starts normally over RGB and with max resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels.
HDMI output works only until white bootscreen with apple, after that,I get a message on my TV with "No signal".
i tried to hack NVCap two times but get the Kernel panic each time. Are there any another solutions how to solve this problem???

thanks.

Attached Files

• Attached File  dsdt.rar   19.23KB   13 downloads

balderdashian

balderdashian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Hi guys,

I need help with HDMI video output on my Zotac itx 9300 mobo PCB01, i'm using my own DSDT and Lion 10.7.2 with ###### chimera bootloader. The system starts normally over RGB and with max resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels.
HDMI output works only until white bootscreen with apple, after that,I get a message on my TV with "No signal".
i tried to hack NVCap two times but get the Kernel panic every time. Are there any another solutions how to solve this problem???

thanks.

I believe ugokind explains the problem in the post just before yours. It needs a different DSDT that apparently can be found somewhere in this thread.

sterzal

sterzal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
In my opinion, he explains the problem when nothing works neither VGA, nor HDMI? Isn't true?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy