[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

Ok, thanks.

But which of them is the proper one for our mainboard?

With nvdaresman.kext the System stucks,

The others have no funktion

Its unbelievable for me, because we have the same mainboards, but it seems to be that only my mobo has this problem

Don't know.i'll test in the next 15days cos niw i moved my home to another address. So i'm busy and without adsl. I'm using only the phone.

But..why a newer driver myst be necessary bad respect the previous one? Since ML 295.xx invidia came out with 2 generations of drivers..and i suppose the latest is good

• 2 weeks later...

Success with GeForce 9300-itx and mountain lion 10.8.2

i had been running 10.7.2 on the zotac 9300 for several months and i decided to update to 10.8.

i used my purchased 10.8 download to prepare a usb installer stick.

after the install, i rebooted (using the installer stick as a boot helper) and completed the setup of mountain lion. before rebooting again, i did the following:

I prepared my HD to boot:

created an Extra folder on my HD

into Extra i placed my DSDT.aml from 10.7.2 and the org.chameleon.Boot.plist from the installer stick

copied the Extra/Extensions folder from the installer stick into Extra on my HD

installed a bootloader known to work under mountain lion on my HD (i had previously downloaded the bootloader installer and placed it on my installer stick)

updated to 10.8.2 using the combo update i had previously downloaded from apple's download site and burned on a dvd (google for it)

rebooted

then i discovered that while the rear USB ports worked fine, the internal USB headers didn't seem to work (i'm using one of them for a bluetooth module that i harvested from an old macbook). i installed the legacy usb driver (i believe it's the iousbfamily.kext from snow leopard) using kext wizard.

rebooted and the bluetooth module was properly recognized.

i then removed nullcpupowermanagement.kext from extra/extensions, repaired e/e permissions and rebuilt e/e cache using kext wizard.

rebooted, and now sleep works.

unfortunately, ethernet doesn't survive waking from sleep, so i'm using an apple usb to ethernet adapter that came with my wife's macbook air. you could also use a usb wireless adapter.

i'm using an MSI N210 video card. to get it to work when booting from my completed HD setup, i needed to add the vendor id and device ID to the nvresman.kext and both of the nvdaGx100hal kexts.

using voodoohda 2.7.4 (google for it), i have audio out via hdmi. none of the other voodoohda's worked for hdmi audio.

a final note--i was able to get the 9300 onboard hdmi video working by adding the vendor and device id (vendor 10de, device 086c) to nvresman.kext and nvdan50xxxx kext. however, i tried all the available voodoohda kext versions and i was not able to get hdmi audio to work.

ken

i'm finally come back ..

I decided to reuse the zotac ddr3 for my wife (and a fixed position in my new habitat ehe)

so I decided not to move to mountain lion.. even for a test on an external usb drive.. but not now,

I want to tell you that my 10.7.2 was stable and fine. but after a while I earned a lot of troubles.

The common problem of the HANG and CPU 100% after the resume if the Ethernet is cabled up.

I fixed it in 2 operations, thanks to a lot of people.

they are both in /system/library/Launchdaemons

- com.apple.syslogd.plist :

open with plist edit, search for Program Arguments array and add another STRING row with

name: 1, value: -c 0 (lowecase)

- com.apple.mDNSresponder.plist :

open with plist edit, search for Program Arguments array and add another STRING row with

name: 2, value: -NoMulticastAdvertisements (respect upper and lowercase)

with those mods.. I havw a costant and infinite resume after a wake.. and it run fine also with the mighty mouse

• 3 weeks later...

finally I have time to spend tu run ML on zotac ddr3 9300

I'm sick of those hundred Black screens after every boot

testet a lot of boot manager and aty_ini / njinject

no way to have screen. Tested also 39 page'2 DSDT.. no luck

Great work everyone, awesome to read through the solutions people have found to get SL, Lion and even ML to work on the Zotac GF9300. :thumbsup_anim:

However, I'm having trouble doing a clean install on my GF9300-I-E (PCB rev 03). I updated to the latest BIOS, and have even tried installing with the Gaansan BIOS, but I always run into problems. I was wondering if anyone here had successfully installed ML on this board and could help me out. BTW, I'm not using an external graphics card.

I have limited experience with OSX86, so sorry if I miss something obvious. I had a hackintosh when OSX was still at 10.4-10.5, and it seems a lot has changed since... :blink:

So to the point:

- I used a well-known universal tool to create a USB ML installer disk, it has already been successfully used with another mobo, so that should be fine.

- I'm using Chameleon

- I can get to the ML installer screen using boot options "-v -x", it stops at [PCI Configuration Begin], then loads the Welcome screen/language selection window, but USB isn't working, so that's where it ends.

- Using PCIRootUID=1 and ncpi=0x3000, I get to see it tries to load AppleUSBOHCI.kext but fails and gets stuck at [PCI Configuration Begin].

- If I add GraphicsEnabler=No, I get to [PCI Configuration Begin], then it just shuts down.

Any ideas?

-x to boot a setup is enought..

in the end.. you could boot only 0x2000 flag to relocate echo screen for the boot.

I'm using pcirootuid 0.. and the nvenabler.. others are not good.

yhe only kext I've modded are aigpm, aicpm, applehda(removed at the moment)

try my bios.. is similar to gaansan .. there's no need to usa nvda,parent change in the invidia injection and that's the only difference between both bios mod.

if you're 10.8.2 upgrade to latest invidia drivers and use the _OverrideNVDAResman and _OverrideNV50Hal injectors too

because MCP79 geforce9300 is not native in the ML..

Thanks for your reply. I made some progress thanks to you:

I managed to resolve the USB issue by making a new Ubeast installer with 10.8.2. :thumbsup_anim: (Previous installer was 10.8.0)

After installing, I was having trouble booting from the HDD, I also tried your 03.BIN bios, without luck. I must have messed something up, so I decided to start over.

- Reflashed the original BIOS (latest version from Zotac) for my GF9300-I-E (PCB 03) board.

- Installed OSX 10.8.2 :star_sunglasses:

- Compiled the DSDT.aml found in your 03.zip package with DSDTSE (EvOsX) and installed it using Multi > UserDSDT

- Installed 304 NVidia drivers (didn't install CUDA driver)

- Applied NV Override patches (http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=3358)

- Installed NVEnabler.kext (http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2587)

Using various boot flag combinations of PCIRootUID=0, -v ,-x, GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes, I can get the new installation to boot, it seems to work but I get a black screen, as if the video is switched incorrectly. :wallbash:

Have I forgotten something? Do I have to call NVEnabler as a boot flag? Also, I didn't understand what you mean with aigpm and aicpm kext mods. How should I mod them?

I feel like I'm really close to a solution, maybe with your help I can get there. :angel_not:

PS I found a spare video card that i can boot into safe mode so I can mod kexts etc (It's a really crappy card and would like to use IGP graphics) - http://tweakers.net/.../specificaties/

Wow

You work tidy

This evening i'll give you my injector

I suppose i did a mess and mine is nvxxxx something else and not nvenabler.

Please..keep it as is..never touch..uou did a very good job

turnavies the correct is NATIT!!

I attach the entire config for 10.8.2 sleep in k-e

no dsdt (mine is in the bios)

and ENOCH2064 for the sleep and good p-c states

2050,2060 also good to run mac.. but no sleep

below and 2111 not good at all

the violet kexts are banilla kext modded

red kexts are external drivers and injectors

EDIT 30 DEC 2012:

thanks to Yozik

we've a good audio with AppleHDA in ML

remember to disable any Voodoo kext and also HDAdisabler

10.8.2SLEEP.zip

HDA.zip

Hey ugo, thanks for your reply, it boots!

I used Enoch-2064 as bootloader and the rev03 DSDT file from the original post.

I'm wondering: do you have Quartz Extreme? It doesn't work for me... also, OpenGL Extensions Viewer.app and VideoHardwareInfo.app both show GF9400 as graphics card. Is that ok?

Mission control works fine, but my video hardware tests indicate that QE is not enabled. Also, I can't get any video from DVI, just the VGA port.

In Apple System Information, my graphics card device id is 0x087a, not 0x086c (GF9300)... ?? What does yours say?

-- update

I'm confused. Apple System Info clearly shows device id 0x087a, but I cant find it specified anywhere else.

I searched all patched kexts to find this device id, but all I could find was the iMac11,2 specification saying 0x086c, so that's ok.

Using IORegistryExplorer, I got the same result, 0x087a was specified nowhere... 0x086c was.

Could it be related to using a DSDT instead of the patched BIOS? I tried looking into the DSDT file, but trying to decipher that would take me too long. However, I saw some DVI-related specifications, so that could be an issue...