[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

for k-e please wait in these weekend I'll do some mods.. please

without floppy.. natural. I use a Usb flash pen 256k formatted with HO format tool that puts msdos boot.

then.. autoexec.bat and amiflash .. because k-e has amiflash for ami rom

so wait if you can

yahooo... by now i'm testing.. actually (I mean.. now) i reached a good bios but lan is not working after the resume from sleep

I tried to work with scripting in bash.. but it's not running

so: i decided to do a bios that is good also for windows.. and I made a bios stable for both o.s.

only to verofy if in wiondows.. with DSDT fot BOTH o.s... give the same response.

and ..tada. in windows after the wake the lan is working.

so.. it's obvious that the problem is in the driver

and the problem is in 03 pcb and also in DDR3 K-E pcb.

so.. I say to everybody.. to find a better driver for us.

because I use NforceLan.kext (GPL driver) and I have the same problem as Kmare or gaansan who are using PCB03 and Vanilla Kexts (ionetworking family Apple driver)

ok?

the second problem is that after a resume the cmos give F1 checksum error. and if I sleep in windows the problem never came.

the problem cover K-E bios modded.. not 03 because gaansan confirm that the latest biosmod 03 is fine and never give cmos checksum error in snow.

but in Lion YES! .. darn driver!!

UPDATED bios in 1st post at latest devel

solver lan stuck (connected but not worlking) after wake in K-E

I've changed the DSDT also in G-E or (03) pcb.. but need beta testers!!!

here you are

03.zip

Hello ugokind,

first of all thank you for your efforts. It's amazing what you're doing. Because of this thread I also want to set up a HackMac with the Zotac 9300-ITX K-E as a HTPC (I still have two Hackintosh running)

Therefore I've some question:

Will this board good enough for using as a Media-PC running Plex on it?

Are there any issues with the onboard GPU for HDMI (Video + Audio) output especially for 1080p material?

Is the problem with the LAN after sleep solved? (maybe you should enable Smart Lan in the Bios).

thanks in advance

Huberer

Hello ugokind,

first of all thank you for your efforts. It's amazing what you're doing. Because of this thread I also want to set up a HackMac with the Zotac 9300-ITX K-E as a HTPC (I still have two Hackintosh running)

you're not the only one.. in this 3D we're totally addicted to zotac ehe

Therefore I've some question:

Are there any issues with the onboard GPU for HDMI (Video + Audio) output especially for 1080p material?

Is the problem with the LAN after sleep solved? (maybe you should enable Smart Lan in the Bios).

thanks in advance

Huberer

uhh I never have used Plex.. so i'm reading quickly what it is.. woa.. a media center.

2nd .. I know is really sad to write.. but I never have tested any hdmi output.. because I tested only and then I gave the motherboard out.. and the latest K-E is still here but I use it rarely.. waiting when.. I hope as soon as possible.. I'll move to my next home.

So.. apart from those not useful words.. there are in this 3D a lot of people who are running this motherboard perfectly with video output. the only problems are in sleep and wake..

I'll test the smartlan.. but.. actually.. in Lion I'm absolutely sure with my bios or dsdt the lan is ok after waking up. Thinking that the same dsdt / vanilla driver cause the wake NOT to resume lan in Snow is making me crazy and.. at the same time.. make me hope that lion come out soonely!

I have run Plex on one of these boards and it worked quite well, however I used the DVI out and not HDMI, so I can't comment on that...

best,

Patrick

updated Chapter 8 with 01, 03 and k-E biosmods

Newbie here.

First of all, thank you for this amazing tutorial. My Mobo is the E/F 01 (First Release).I am really interested in the vanilla installation with the modified BIOS. Hopefully next week I will get a Vertex SSD and start doing tests. I´ll report results.

Just a couple of things that maybe could help other people interested in flashing BIOS.

1)If you use Awdflash the correct syntax is:

Awdflash.exe 01.bin /py/sn/cc/cd/cp/wb/r (without /i, this could be for Afudos)

2)For selecting the usb boot pen, on boot up press Esc key, select (+) HDD and then select the pendrive.

One more time THANK YOU !

PD.- Sorry for my English.

I have used it with Linux Ubuntu 10.10 and Xbmc as HTPC without a glitch, it plays 1080p video from a NAS like a charm while is recording two TV HD channels through mythtv

Newbie here.

First of all, thank you for this amazing tutorial. My Mobo is the E/F 01 (First Release).I am really interested in the vanilla installation with the modified BIOS. Hopefully next week I will get a Vertex SSD and start doing tests. I´ll report results.

Just a couple of things that maybe could help other people interested in flashing BIOS.

1)If you use Awdflash the correct syntax is:

Awdflash.exe 01.bin /py/sn/cc/cd/cp/wb/r (without /i, this could be for Afudos)

2)For selecting the usb boot pen, on boot up press Esc key, select (+) HDD and then select the pendrive.

One more time THANK YOU !

PD.- Sorry for my English.

thx I'll update today

bye

I have a PCB v3 and I have a problem, I have SL 10.6.7 and on E/E there is:

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

But I have no sound, on Souhnd preferences there is no output device to choose from. What can I do?

BTW, thanks for the great guide

follow last pages.. the applehda patched is needed with dsdt or biosmod

and zevoreboot which includes the proper injection .. zevo is a sum of evoreboot with audioinjector and some other.. and put it in e/e

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1638859

and

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1638618

so.. use 1st post for biosmod or dsdt

and report issues.. and how sleep works! (LAN after wake etc..)

bye

I'm really interested in going the updated BIOS Mod route with my G-E. If I understand things correctly this would mean that you would not need anything other than a hacked AppleHDA.kext in order to achieve a fully functional install. That would be awesome.

I'm Without access to a windows machine, so I really need some detailed instructions and hand holding, as I don't want to bork my mobo.

Any chance someone could write up instructions including prepping the usb flash drive? maybe a disk image of that flash drive?

Thanks in Advance.

Attached is compressed "extra" folder plus my AppleHDA.kext (this is the only kext I use in S/L/E).

Alternatively you can also find from earlier in this thread a audio kext that will load from the extra/extensions folder. In practice I have found that using that kext is a little less stable.

If my DSDT file does not work for you, then you can use my guide in this thread for making your own. My processor is an E7400 and I am using SMBIOS plist injection, with an iMac8,1 identity.

Have fun.

Thank you very much, MiniHack, for posting the modified AppleHDA.kext. It made audio running on my Zotac Geforce 9300-H-E board, with modified DSDT.aml as described in post #417.

Originally, the DSDT.aml is from a Gigabyte G31M-ES2L motherboard. Except from the audio change, I can use the DSDT.aml unmodified for the Zotac ITX board. I don't know why, but it works fine. The Geforce 9300 graphics is even OpenGL capable with EFI string.

Oletros-> i never went in 10.6.7.. i hate that update.. because often crash at boot.. and honestly (report from apple site) is not needed because it don't include bug fixes.. but only driver compatibility.. and some sw improvements for the server version. so I'll check. I Think is a problem similar to other people that have a f1 cmos error after a sleep/wake. Did you tested wake.. sleep.. ethernet after wake.. BT on off. etc??

mrdale-> I try to help you.. but .. believeme.. without a usb dos fat32 bootable msdos with the basics.. is quite difficult to upgrade a bios. so the tools afudos or awdflash are compiled for winXXX mode.. not for linux or apple! then.. decide you. . you're not obeyed to do a bios mod.. use my dsdt in attached.. end test what happen! it's the same

Modding your Bios

1) IDENTIFIED YOUR MOTHERBOARD !!!

2) Go to first page in this threat and download your original BIOS. Read "Backup and Update Bios.pdf" (It is inside the the zip file just downloaded)

3) If your are running windows in you system, back up your current BIOS with Winflash. Store it in safe place !

4) Made a bootable USB pen. (This link could help: http://www.bay-wolf.com/usbmemstick.htm )

5) Use Notepad to made a document with this text inside:

Awdflash.exe XX.bin /py/sn/cc/cd/cp/wb/r (Be sure that XX is the correct one for your Mobo)

and named Autoexec.bat

6)Put inside the usb pen:

a.- XX.bin (Download from the first page the modified Bios for your Motherboard)

b.-Awdflash.exe (It is inside the zip downloaded)

c.- Autoexec.bat file

d.- The backup made it with winflash (awdbios.bin)

7) Shut down your system.

8) On start up, press the ESC key

9) Select (+) HDD, and then the USB pen.

10) DONT SHUT DOWN THE SYSTEM OR INTERRUPT THE PROCCESS until finish.

11) Once finished, Take the USB pen out.

12) Reboot again

13) If you get a message of CMOS failure, Dont Worry, Press Del and Load Optimal

14) Finally reboot again.

To go back to the previos Bios, just change autoexec.bat with:

Awdflash.exe awdbios.bin /py/sn/cc/cd/cp/wb/r

Hope this could help others . Sorry for my English

Just whipped up enough courage to try the bios mod 03.bin. Everything works great, was able to delete my dsdt.aml file.My system seems to boot up a couple of circle faster.I would like to thank everyone for this great thread.

I have downloaded and read the Pdf on installing and booting Lion and I have a question. With Lion does it this board have to boot in 32bit mode or does it boot 64 bit as well? another question has anyone tried the newest Lion build (dp4)?

Keep up the good work!

Just whipped up enough courage to try the bios mod 03.bin. Everything works great, was able to delete my dsdt.aml file.My system seems to boot up a couple of circle faster.I would like to thank everyone for this great thread.

I have downloaded and read the Pdf on installing and booting Lion and I have a question. With Lion does it this board have to boot in 32bit mode or does it boot 64 bit as well? another question has anyone tried the newest Lion build (dp4)?

Keep up the good work!

hy

gaansan booted up DP4.. I triet too (but with ddr3 newer release) but no success

so you could boot only with 64bit mode.. I mean: with a clean c.a.boot.plist

brave man!!

OK guys, I need your help. I've had a nice stable system in the past. One that sleeps and wakes without problems.

10.6.7 broke the system. After wasting literally weeks I tracked down the kext which was an NDASFamily.kext required to run my nas drive. Now I'm trying to get my system back to where it was before the big incident.

I've tried the latest minimal package with:

* FakeSMC.kext

* ZEvOreboot.kext

but it, resets the bios every time and will not stay asleep (bounces right back with "drives were not put away properly" warnings).

So I went back to an old set of Extensions in E/E that I know work 90%.

* fakesmc.kext

* IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

* OpenHaltRestart.kext

Sleep works but sound is choppy after sleep and the next reboot BIOS settings are forgotten.

Any thoughts?

I cant boot into windows with the modded bios(03.bin) i get a BSOD error saying my bios is not acpi compliant any help? try disabling acpi in the bios but didn't help.

i'll work on it but need beta testers

and.. take care of the usb boot pen!!

mrdale:

I'm absolutely sure that 10.6.7 is not necessary cos is only rich of hw compatibility and server improvements.. so no need to move from 10.6.6!

what I suggest you: get the 10.6.6 dmg. open it and take the S/L/E and kernel

replace all

replace the system with your kext

and.. obviously.. chmod 755 and chown 0:0 of E/E and S/L/E

Finally got my sick system stable by going back to basics.

1. formatted a second drive
  2. installed 10.6.3 from scratch
  3. installed the 10.6.7 combo update
  4. installed chimera bootloader via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]
  5. installed the minimal set of E/E (Zevo,fakeSMC)
  6. ran the sound hack
  7. backed up that minimal install
  8. restarted and migrated my old user from the old disk
  9. everything works including sleep

Now for the custom bios... fingers crossed.