[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

Lion boot without big issue on mi test, but I'll wait until official release before posting any file or guide.

Thanks..

I also tried lion..is full of bug..incomplete! But so smart!

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice!

Thanks to scrax's downloadable package, I have a 10.6.7 system based on this mobo running nearly perfectly!

Specs so far:

Zotac GF9300-G-E Mini-ITX Mobo

Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.0Ghz LGA775 (Penryn)

2x2 gigs OCZ DDR2 800

WD Green 2TB SATA2 Drive (temporary)

Samsung SH-S223B SATA DVDRW (also temporary)

I've only half-built the system while experimenting with OS X installations. I intend to build this into a mini-ITX system in as compact a case as possible, but I have not decided on the final configuration yet (case, HD, optical drive, etc).

I used a retail copy of Snow Leopard 10.6.3 to get started. I had the 10.6.7 combo update, tonymacx86's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], and scrax's FULL setup package on a USB mem stick.

Booted and installed Snow Leopard fresh using tonymacx86's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] burned to a bootable CD.

After completing installation, I ran the 10.6.7 combo update, without restarting.

I then used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install Chameleon 2.0 RC5.

I then followed scrax's readme instructions in his setup package. That's it! Everything is working beautifully, and system functionality far exceeds my initial expectations!

WORKING (tested)

- all SATA ports

- eSATA with one HD attached

- LAN (except for sleep bug, which does not bother me at all)

- Onboard VGA, DVI, HDMI video. Fully accelerated, but HDMI output creates problems when changing resolutions. DVI works beautifully.

- Onboard audio, both analog stereo out, and SPDIF optical digital out.

- All USB ports (tried many USB devices, all working)

NOT WORKING (tested)

- included WIFI adapter

- LAN after waking from sleep

NOT TESTED

- eSATA with multiple HD's attached

Needless to say I am extremely pleased with the results of this build. This is my first hackintosh build, and my first exposure to OS X in any form as a user. I would never have gotten this far, this fast, without the help from this forum.

BIG thanks to ugokind, scrax, and EVERYBODY who has contributed to this project. Amazing results guys! :rolleyes:

Scusate il disturbo, avrei bisogno di una dritta.

Ho installato sulla Zotac 9300 D-E 001 una versione retail di Leopard 10.6.5, aggiornato alla versione 10.6.6 e successivamente chameleon 2 RC3_Zotac.

Il boot funziona perfettamente (cosa che nn avveniva nel mio prima tentativo di installazione) ma non funziona la scheda di rete e non capisco come farla andare.

Devo aggiungere qualche kext particolare?

Anche l'audio nn funziona, mentre funziona perfettamente il lato video (ho utilizzato delle kext trovato il questa discussione)

Probabilmente le informazione che sto chidendo sono state trattate a lungo sul forum, perdonatemi, mastico poco inglese.

Grazie mille.

Andrea

Ps. Dimenticavo la configurazione:

Zotac 9300

E8400

4Gb Ram temagroup

HD WD 250Gb 5400 Rpm

Video/Lan/Audio On-Board

scrax.. gaansan.. and others

I'd like to change from the top..

yes.. I want to do myself test.. I'm changing Ami BIOS

the changes are three.. ACPI tables.. DMI strings.. SETUP BIOS Defaults

now i'm trying to do bios def and DMi onto the K-E DDR3 release.

so I'm asking you some advices..

with AMI Bcp program there are a lot of entry.. not properly what I wnat to see. so i'm confused about where to put the exact words.

I mean.. in phoenix bios of my laptop I see ten rows.. clear.. and I know what and where to write.

'Motherboard Manufacturer name.' || 'Apple Computer, Inc.'

etc.. including serial, and version (IMac9,1)

I try to resolve it with http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119982

post..

that inclde also splash screen and sound

with AMI MMtool I can replace splash screen and ACPI table.. but I suppose mine are not ready!!

this post for the logo

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19365

Hey guys,

I tried to setup Snow Leopard on my system:

Zotac 9300

Intel C2D E6700

4GB Ram

Radeon 5570

IDE hard disk via SATA-adapter

no optical drive

I got a retail 10.6.3 running but without any working drivers except display (correct resolution is working). No sound, no network etc.

I really tried to follow this "guide" on the first page but I just find it very confusing (and although I would say not to be a PC-newbie).

Basically I think when a new User views this thread and wants to just setup a system like me, he/she doesn't want to read all this technical stuff about kext's etc.

It would be great if someone could just write some bullet points about what is needed after a retail installation and where to find the packages for the most comfortable way. It's just so messy to read though almost 40 pages just to find some infos about what could be the solution to a clean system.

Everytime I tried a package someone posted here I get a kernel panic at boot and my system is {censored}ed. Unfortunately I'm not that fit with the console so mostly I'm reinstalling and giving it another try. :hysterical:

But somehow this is absolutely not how a Mac should work and I wonder if this is more like a hobby (I'm playing around with this Mac stuff and "somehow" it works) or a useable machine, which I don't see at this point.

I'm really happy with my Macbook Pro and thought I could "pimp" my gaming PC to an iMac or something because it sounded doable.

If someone could give me (and maybe people like me) some more compact (necessary) info it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

I tried to setup Snow Leopard on my system:

Zotac 9300

Intel C2D E6700

4GB Ram

Radeon 5570

IDE hard disk via SATA-adapter

no optical drive

I got a retail 10.6.3 running but without any working drivers except display (correct resolution is working). No sound, no network etc.

I really tried to follow this "guide" on the first page but I just find it very confusing (and although I would say not to be a PC-newbie).

Basically I think when a new User views this thread and wants to just setup a system like me, he/she doesn't want to read all this technical stuff about kext's etc.

It would be great if someone could just write some bullet points about what is needed after a retail installation and where to find the packages for the most comfortable way. It's just so messy to read though almost 40 pages just to find some infos about what could be the solution to a clean system.

Everytime I tried a package someone posted here I get a kernel panic at boot and my system is {censored}ed. Unfortunately I'm not that fit with the console so mostly I'm reinstalling and giving it another try. :)

But somehow this is absolutely not how a Mac should work and I wonder if this is more like a hobby (I'm playing around with this Mac stuff and "somehow" it works) or a useable machine, which I don't see at this point.

I'm really happy with my Macbook Pro and thought I could "pimp" my gaming PC to an iMac or something because it sounded doable.

If someone could give me (and maybe people like me) some more compact (necessary) info it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi meronpan,

As you've guessed by now, Os X is not intended by Apple to be installed on just any system and work properly. It doesn't mean it can't be done, but not without a lot of work on the part of people like those in this forum developing work-arounds for certain things.

My post above shows exactly what I did to get my system running Snow Leopard 10.6.7 properly. Maybe the presence of your hd5570 is throwing things off, since all the work in this thread is with the intention of getting the onboard video working.

For you, perhaps try using some combination of other solutions if this is the setup you want. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] by tonymacx86 is a real help a lot of the time. If you can't get the onboard audio working, or LAN, there are great (and cheap) Mac-compatible USB solutions that you can use instead. Turtle Beach's Amigo II for audio, and the Asus USB-N13 for wireless, for instance.

Once you have a stable system with working video, you can use USB devices to plug any holes you may have.

The only other alternative is to get as complicated as the cats on here do, and customize your own setup.

I have a great setup running without an add-on vid card using the information here, so I can say their methods definitely work.

Good luck.

Ok, thanks. Then I guess I have to give up on the idea as I don't wont to deactivate my Radeon just for booting up OS X. Best to stick with a real Mac, then (for my purposes).

No reason to give up on the idea, lots of people use hackintosh systems with ATI cards. You just happen to be using the wrong approach. This thread is more about getting the whole board working as-is.

There are work-arounds for perhaps using the board your own way, as I mentioned. Abandon using the files in this thread. Search for [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], and threads dealing your vid card specifically.

Once you figure out the magic recipe for your arrangement of hardware, things work pretty wonderfully. I'm VERY happy with the hackintosh I've built based on this board.

Good luck.

Ciao UGO, ho un po' di problemini con la mia Zotac, sulla quale ho montato una 8800 gt da 512mb... Non è una prima installazione, infatti tempo fà avevo la 10.6.3...il problema è che ho acquistato un nuovo monitor tv samsung con ris. 1920x1080...installo la hazard 10.6.6 e la scheda video non ne vuole sapere per la risoluzione... ho provato di tutto...injector NVEnable con nvidia update, natit vecchi, addirittura nvdarwin :) efi string..... nada de nada, ho pensato di fare la vecchia installazione 10.6 ma stranamente, mentre mesi fà andava , oggi non va piu' neanche con il vecchio dsdt.aml, smbios.plist e com.apple.boot della mia scheda video...any suggestions?...

i've changed my bios!!!

still running without dsdt and without smbios.plist!!

next step put apple logo and replace zotac logo

what I have:

-audio

-eth

-pci

-sata

Ciao UGO, ho un po' di problemini con la mia Zotac, sulla quale ho montato una 8800 gt da 512mb... Non è una prima installazione, infatti tempo fà avevo la 10.6.3...il problema è che ho acquistato un nuovo monitor tv samsung con ris. 1920x1080...installo la hazard 10.6.6 e la scheda video non ne vuole sapere per la risoluzione... ho provato di tutto...injector NVEnable con nvidia update, natit vecchi, addirittura nvdarwin :) efi string..... nada de nada, ho pensato di fare la vecchia installazione 10.6 ma stranamente, mentre mesi fà andava , oggi non va piu' neanche con il vecchio dsdt.aml, smbios.plist e com.apple.boot della mia scheda video...any suggestions?...

vediamo di lavorarci su tutti

innanzitutto dimmi la release esatta .. perchè io ho la k-e DDR3

poi ne parliamo

cmq un esperimento bestiale:

voodoopower non lavora più se uso fakesmc

ho 2 dischi identici ma con 2 boot E/E diversi..

diciamo che è strano ma efi strings non mi vanno e senza nvenabler non ho qe/CI

ma come dice scrax.. io ho una motherboard diversa dalla vostra.

devi pensare anche che l'smbios.plist è fontamentale.. non si deve inventare il numero..

il nostro mac potrebbe matchare bene con un imac8,1 gli altri potrebbero poi dare effetti indesiderati

e poi lo sleep.. io non riesco più ad averlo.. dal primo setuop hazard in cui ha funzionato.. ho messo driver fakesmc etc.. e da allora non ho sleep

quindi l'altro hdd ha un boot diverso.. e va

quindi rivedi il setup.. è il primo consiglio.. metti il minimo indispensabile.. e passami il tuo dsdt.dsl

ma che versione hai?????

i've changed my bios!!!

still running without dsdt and without smbios.plist!!

next step put apple logo and replace zotac logo

what I have:

-audio

-eth

-pci

-sata

vediamo di lavorarci su tutti

innanzitutto dimmi la release esatta .. perchè io ho la k-e DDR3

poi ne parliamo

cmq un esperimento bestiale:

voodoopower non lavora più se uso fakesmc

ho 2 dischi identici ma con 2 boot E/E diversi..

diciamo che è strano ma efi strings non mi vanno e senza nvenabler non ho qe/CI

ma come dice scrax.. io ho una motherboard diversa dalla vostra.

devi pensare anche che l'smbios.plist è fontamentale.. non si deve inventare il numero..

il nostro mac potrebbe matchare bene con un imac8,1 gli altri potrebbero poi dare effetti indesiderati

e poi lo sleep.. io non riesco più ad averlo.. dal primo setuop hazard in cui ha funzionato.. ho messo driver fakesmc etc.. e da allora non ho sleep

quindi l'altro hdd ha un boot diverso.. e va

quindi rivedi il setup.. è il primo consiglio.. metti il minimo indispensabile.. e passami il tuo dsdt.dsl

ma che versione hai?????

allora, la versione della motherboard da dove la vedo? da sotto la scheda per caso?cmq ho una zotac mini itx gef 9300 wifi...sto tentando come un pazzo con la hazard 10.6.6 , con efi string mi si blocca e non parte la scrivania, con nvenabler idem e tutti gli altri injector....non sto usando nè il dsdt.aml nè l'smbios.plist....ho una 8800 gt che con nvenabler vede, ma non mi arriva al desktop...ti posto cmq i file

dsdt_e_smbios.zip

allora, la versione della motherboard da dove la vedo? da sotto la scheda per caso?cmq ho una zotac mini itx gef 9300 wifi...sto tentando come un pazzo con la hazard 10.6.6 , con efi string mi si blocca e non parte la scrivania, con nvenabler idem e tutti gli altri injector....non sto usando nè il dsdt.aml nè l'smbios.plist....ho una 8800 gt che con nvenabler vede, ma non mi arriva al desktop...ti posto cmq i file

ok ora son tornato.. vedo domani.. asclta: spesso anche a me non carica la video.. cioè arriva li li e poi non accende.. questo è perchè hai messo dei driver che cozzano. Non è DETTO che un driver sia sbagliato ma LA COMBINAZIONE SI. x es se metti tutti i driver di rete usb e wifi per tentare.. nella Extra.. ottieni questo risultato. Metti il minimo.. tuttalpiù non mettere cose vitali.. le metti dopo!

togli elliott.. rtc.. nullcpu e disabler

togli enabler.. parti vanilla per davvero.. un desktop ce l'hai

poi fai come me.. cloni il sistema pulito.. e inizi a fare esperimenti ma solo 1 alla volta.se non va righosti in meno di 2 minuti riprendi con un altra prova! il clone ghosta solo le differenze.. quindi il ghost è quasi.. istantaneo!

let me sleep for a while

yes true.. the version is marked in the backside of the PCB.. or if you are like me.. and have already the original box of the zotac.. then the pcb release is written over the barcode!

with my motherboards.. nvenabler was the only one

ATTENTION .. I never boot in x32 or i386.. but to do so.. verify to have ALL your extra kexts in 64bit!!

for example.. voodoopower load well in 32bit.. rarely in 64 for me.

then I'm testing a dozen of kext to replace the sensors/fakesmc 3.1.x

because I prefer to have speedstep with voodoopower.. but no way.

please as I wrote above.. do only one test per time. Start vanilla.. the system boots fine.. no QE CI.. no audio.. but.. it starts!!

IS REALLY important which PCB you have!! because the DSDT changes!!

night

ok ora son tornato.. vedo domani.. asclta: spesso anche a me non carica la video.. cioè arriva li li e poi non accende.. questo è perchè hai messo dei driver che cozzano. Non è DETTO che un driver sia sbagliato ma LA COMBINAZIONE SI. x es se metti tutti i driver di rete usb e wifi per tentare.. nella Extra.. ottieni questo risultato. Metti il minimo.. tuttalpiù non mettere cose vitali.. le metti dopo!

togli elliott.. rtc.. nullcpu e disabler

togli enabler.. parti vanilla per davvero.. un desktop ce l'hai

poi fai come me.. cloni il sistema pulito.. e inizi a fare esperimenti ma solo 1 alla volta.se non va righosti in meno di 2 minuti riprendi con un altra prova! il clone ghosta solo le differenze.. quindi il ghost è quasi.. istantaneo!

let me sleep for a while

yes true.. the version is marked in the backside of the PCB.. or if you are like me.. and have already the original box of the zotac.. then the pcb release is written over the barcode!

with my motherboards.. nvenabler was the only one

ATTENTION .. I never boot in x32 or i386.. but to do so.. verify to have ALL your extra kexts in 64bit!!

for example.. voodoopower load well in 32bit.. rarely in 64 for me.

then I'm testing a dozen of kext to replace the sensors/fakesmc 3.1.x

because I prefer to have speedstep with voodoopower.. but no way.

please as I wrote above.. do only one test per time. Start vanilla.. the system boots fine.. no QE CI.. no audio.. but.. it starts!!

IS REALLY important which PCB you have!! because the DSDT changes!!

night

allora, ho installato winzozz, fatto upgrade del bios, ho testato su win 3 schede video , risultato :

gf 9300 installata e risoluzione ok

radeon hd 4350 installata e risoluzione ok

gef 8800 gt installata e non prende la risoluzione...

sarà la scheda video allora?

p.s. se fosse cosi', mi consigliereste una sch. video superiore alla 8800 gt 512 ,magari con hdmi , che sia compatibile 100% con hackintosh?

tnxxx

a parte alcune piccole fix al dsdt.. il 90% dei nomi e del dsdt che ho io non sono come i tuoi! abbiamo 2 pcb diversissimi.. e qui rispondo a scrax..

ecco cosa usarei

togli il null e il disabler

per la scheda video non saprei.. il migliore è giorgio multi.. una soluzione l'avrei.. se proprio non vuoi usare l'interna.

ma attenzione! se tu usi una scheda non integrata 9300.. devi ASSOLUTAMENTE togliere le stringhe nel DSDT!!! non può funzionare una efi 9300 e/o dsdt 9300 se poi usi una 8800!!!

magari è solo quello!!!

zotacde.rar

non ho mai usato l'interna, sempre la 8800,ma ora la stessa mi da problemi anche in win, ecco perchè volevo acquistare una superiore, quindi nel dsdt che mi hai allegato devo togliere la stringa della 9300?...ora sto testando la hd 4350 radeon...nun va... ^_^((

tomorrow I'll post the official K-E DDR3 BIOS APPLE ZOTAC

so install hazard 10.6.6 with ONLY 1 patch.. full OOTB !!! full power suspend.. no Extra kext.. no smbios.plist.. no nvenabler.. no graphic enabler in boot.plist

UPDATE 1st POST

CHAPTER 8

identify your motherboard

the i-e pcb 03 is the only one with 3 sata port!

BIOS MODS is starting!!!

so A-E

D-E

G-E

I-E

are we able to associate them with correct PCB-BIOS?

I suppose i-E is 03 (3 sata) and others has the same bios 00:01

note.. all the cosmetic dsdt mods are quite similar to Frodokenny's post in MCP79a Asus

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1120201

so I suppose is important to add dev id to AppleLPC.kext

<string>pci10de,aac</string>

or apply Scrax method LPC

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1639017

ok I attach 3 photoes of mine

1st was bought one year ago..

see well:

it report FA105 001 and is D-E

it fit 00-01 bios and is not goot with power resume.. I suppose. please tell me more about that!!! scrax.. gaansan.. ok?

then I have a FA105-304 I-E

this is a 2 SATA ddr2 well usb resume.. but I read in the web that there's a jumper to enable it in the motherboard..

I don't have those 2 mobo anymore.. yes,, they are near me.. by my friends!!

tha last is DDR3 newer FA132-002 K-E

this is quite different.. ok?

so.. the DDR2 with 3 SATA (°overclocked original zotac bios) I think is the G-E!!!!!

then..

WE HAVE to do hard work.. in order not to confuse DSDT and BIOSes of those..

plese.. start to write yours.. I read a dozen of forums.. but none tell precisely that orrible list.. and Zotac is not transparent to tell that!

grasnost??

bye

GOOD NEWS:

today I've flashed the 03 bios modded into another chip (because I prefer ehehe to preserve it in a safe place.. the original chip is Winbond Serial EEprom 25X80)

So .. what I said? .. well.. brang the original chip.. tu put another chip.. but this is not the chip usually mounted on the zotac boards.. is a chip taken from an Asus motherboard (A3n blablabla)

that chip is Micronix.. MX25L8005 serial EEPROM 1mb.

then.. I wrote the 03modded bios.. it fit well.

So I placed it on the 03 I-E 2sata ports.. and.. TADAA.. it run.

so asapI'll give you the 03 i-e zotac modded bios.

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone please help me?

I have de zotav 9300 wifi working but sound isn't working yet and i can't get my second monitor to work.

I have one 1080p monitor connected by hdmi which has the correct resolution and the second one is connected to the dvi port, this one isn't recognized.

The sound issue has the highest priority for me.

I have the zotac 9300 wifi with the 3 sata ports, i think it's the latest version.

it seems that the legacyhda isn't working here.

please help

hy

I suppose the dsdt is not good to dual vga as you have. I must search in many thread to verify it.. but Scrax can be more accurate than me in that topic.

fot the audio you're wrong because the ZEVOREBOOT is enough to satisfy HDAinjection but also needs the APPLEHDA patch

the AppleHDA patch is not a different KEXT.. is the original vanilla kext but inside the Executable code there is a match in hexadecimal for the ALC662 card

so if you catch those files.. you're in!

and.. the magic is that the hda fix cover the zotac 9300 mini itx from 01 to 03 to mine K-E pcb (DDR3)

I suppose you have not the latest zotac because the latest is the DDR3 version.. you've the gaansan one (d-E or 03 pcb rev.)

bye

• 3 weeks later...

last bios has:

ADDED:

-device MBIO (fix buffer lenght)

-wake erased notifies on ohci wake

-altered logic on _PTS (sleep/stop/restart)

-added notify on pwrb on PS2 port

-4 irq HPET

IRQNoFlags ()

{0}

IRQNoFlags ()

{8}

IRQNoFlags ()

{11}

IRQNoFlags ()

{15}

erased:

Method (SPTS, 1, NotSerialized)

{

Store (One, PS1S)

Store (One, PS1E)

}

Method (SWAK, 1, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Zero, PS1E)

Store (0x02, S1CT)

Store (0x02, S3CT)

Store (0x02, S4CT)

Store (0x02, S5CT)

}

OperationRegion (SMIE, SystemIO, SCIO, 0x08)

Field (SMIE, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)

{

, 15,

PS1S, 1,

, 31,

PS1E, 1,

Offset (0x08)

}

OperationRegion (SXCT, SystemIO, SCTL, 0x10)

Field (SXCT, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)

{

S1CT, 2,

Offset (0x04),

S3CT, 2,

Offset (0x08),

S4CT, 2,

Offset (0x0C),

S5CT, 2,

Offset (0x10)

}

// new*******

other modify in bios:

-device trim instead of TRM

-DSM in devices LPC e SMBUS (bridge PCI/ISA and Bridge for the BUS to take fan,.. sensors..ntc..)

-mod in all usb devices with :

a)add status flag from bus pci

b)adddel method _s4, missing

c)forced wake s4 capability 4 (sleep)

d)add method _PTS (prepare to sleep)

e)rewrite method DSM return MCDP insead DTGP

OLDER DSDT ALREADY DONE BEFORE:

-device LAN (gige), HDEF

-name altered as: (COPR->MATH, TMR->TIMR, PIC->IPIC,USBx->EHCI/OHCI

-removed in _PR + add method CST