Gigabyte EP45-UD3P rev 1.1 Retail Install Notes

Bart86

90 posts in this topic

Anybody tried 10.5.8 yet?

EDIT: Looks like we lose sleep one more time!

It worked for a bit after two reboots, then I noticed my sound was not working. I made an off the top of my head adjustment and it wad a fatal mistake for the OS. -KERNAL PANIC on boot!

I reinstalled to a second drive which had Easy Boot on it and I am waiting to finish researching how I got the first one setup in the first place. My Nvidia 250 1 GB is not recognized either, there is a shut down problem etc. All these things I had solved a month or two ago and now I have to figure out how I did it.

Files that I used are no longer on the Internet as far as I can tell.

Be careful and don't be dumb like me.

I was having too much fun with a perfectly working Hacintosh to pay any more attention to the basics of how a Hackintosh works in the first place. I'll get there but it may take a bit. At least I know the hardware does work correctly in a proper configuration with supporting files.

EP45-UD3P 4GB Q9550 Geforce GTS 250 1GB 2 SATA 1.5TB (on board sound)

Vic

10.5.8 Everything works fine except for audio.

Here's how I proceeded.

Did clean install of 10.5.6. Ran OK.

Updated to 10.5.8 via software update. Ran OK.

Added goodies: UInstaller upgrade for video card fix and Time machine fix. CI & QE work great. Also time machine.

Fixed PS2 keyboard and mouse.

Now everything but audio is working.

HELP! How do I fix the cotton-picking audio?

All help deeply appreciated.

Zoxo

EP45-UD3P REV1.1 using built-in ALC889a audio chip.

Anybody tried 10.5.8 yet?

EDIT: Looks like we lose sleep one more time!

Well, after messing around with it for a few days I have 10.5.8 running on one machine with sleep working (dsdt.aml, no Disabler.kext, and AppleIntelPM....kext), with 2 buts:

1. resume requires the use of the power button - I can't get it to wake from keyboard or mouse.
  2. currently reboot and shutdown do not work properly! (and yes I have OHR kext from psystar).

EDIT: got reboot and shutdown back with a different OHR kext!!!

Eric-PTEK:

The only raid you will get is either software in OSX or by an add-in card. There are no drivers for OSX to be able to see the raid out of the intel chipsets.

My own issue with this board:

• I have the GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 1.6 only 1 newer firmware for this rev, and it fixes the TPM chip with bitlocker (windows encryption)
  • I installed from iPC 10.5.6 Distro (with USB kext, jmicron, IC10, Realtek1000) then updated from iDeneb updater to 10.5.8
  • Then went and got the 2900xt Running (two kext's)
  • Then everything was running just fine and proceeded to load software and transfer goodies over (I'm normally a mac user ;) the original 10.4.8 vmware image got me to get a 12in powerbook :D)
  • Then went to work out the final kinks, kernel panic on sleeping, audio, hang on reboot...
  • I ocasionally have to swap USB ports for mouse but my thumb drive is mounted? bizarre, only happened twice so far

So that is where I am now, I've only been able to fix the reboot issue. I've installed, and used kext's from various packs threads/HCL and I still cant figure out what is wrong... I'd like this to work 100%! I'd rather not reinstall/wipe if I can avoid it, but if I must, I must. I just jumped the gun and copied 50+ GB's of data!

So what should I do great wizards?

Well, after messing around with it for a few days I have 10.5.8 running on one machine with sleep working (dsdt.aml, no Disabler.kext, and AppleIntelPM....kext), with 2 buts:

1. resume requires the use of the power button - I can't get it to wake from keyboard or mouse.
  2. currently reboot and shutdown do not work properly! (and yes I have OHR kext from psystar).

EDIT: got reboot and shutdown back with a different OHR kext!!!

Sleeps works again without the DSDT:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1229876

I was getting tired of using the power button to resume!

A new thread to SleepEnabler.kext for 10.5.8 and SL: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=178468

Chris

help, I have a problem with the network, when I extinguish the PC sometimes, does not make me to approach on Internet, if I go in preference network, I see that l' eternet he is not green… because this, as I can resolve?

Thanks...sorry for my english

hey, How are you ? I know how to fix it. Under system Preference's go to network and select your network card and click advance. Then click renew DHCP lease.. Hope this helps !!! This happens when the computer goes to sleep.

help, I have a problem with the network, when I extinguish the PC sometimes, does not make me to approach on Internet, if I go in preference network, I see that l' eternet he is not green… because this, as I can resolve?

hey, How are you ? I know how to fix it. Under system Preference's go to network and select your network card and click advance. Then click renew DHCP lease.. Hope this helps !!! This happens when the computer goes to sleep.

Use the realtek drivers I have no issues on wake at all...

Try the ones from Psytars site, but it should work fine with the ones from the package? Maybe try reinstalling them...

I did have issues at one point and it was GPU that was causing it, simply swapped means of getting it working and now have no issues. Before that however it would KP going into sleep (not really ever getting in to sleep)

-Phil

Try the ones from Psytars site, but it should work fine with the ones from the package? Maybe try reinstalling them...

I did have issues at one point and it was GPU that was causing it, simply swapped means of getting it working and now have no issues. Before that however it would KP going into sleep (not really ever getting in to sleep)

-Phil

Can you to give the link just?

Tenks

• 2 months later...
im lost. im totally new to this. i cant find the 'extra' folder or the 'extensions1' folder. i dont know how to 'recompile an mkext. i dont even see a file in there with an mkext extension. can someone dumb this down for me insteps?

Try this:Lifehacker: Hoe to build a hackintosh with snow leopard start to finish

That guide will take you straight through and it's extremely straightforward.

I understand where you're coming from, building a hackintosh is pretty intimidating at first. Just take your time, read up around the forums and learn as much as you can.

-peel

Try this:Lifehacker: Hoe to build a hackintosh with snow leopard start to finish

That guide will take you straight through and it's extremely straightforward.

I understand where you're coming from, building a hackintosh is pretty intimidating at first. Just take your time, read up around the forums and learn as much as you can.

-peel

thanks. looks like a cant do it. i dont have an 8 gig usb thumb and another mac.