48x0 latest status

netkas

34 posts in this topic

FYI, there is a detailed guide on netkas.org. The instructions have varying degrees of difficulty depending on your specific graphics card. Read the guide carefully!

I'm going to give 10.5.7 a whirl tonight with my 4870 with DVI outputs, which appears to be one of the easiest.

Does ANY ONE tried VGA output @ DVI2 Ports ?

My card is Powercolor HD4850 with HDMI/DP/DVI, VGA Screen with DVI-VGA cable @DVI port

install 10.5.7 and reboot sucessfull

install Natit pkg + Patched Motmot Quali pkg and reboot

same again, after a light blue screen , Monitor Lost signal Again. sad.gif

i mean ,if i buy another 4850/4870 card with 2 DVI ports, i want to my VGA Screen work.

Many thanks !

My card is Powercolor HD4850 with HDMI/DP/DVI, VGA Screen with DVI-VGA cable @DVI port

install 10.5.7 and reboot sucessfull

install Natit pkg + Patched Motmot Quali pkg and reboot

same again, after a light blue screen , Monitor Lost signal Again. sad.gif

hello same problem with a saphire hd 4890 , id 9460 :)

when i delete natit ,the screen is corrupt

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Yesterday I became a new Radeon 4890 from MSI. This Card works fine with QE, CI and and all resolutions with Netkas driver.

I have one problem: The mouse, keyboard and scrollwheel did'nt work perfectly. Every 2 seconds stops the mousepointer for a little moment. In background the mouse moves and jump after this pause to the new position.

Has everybody the same malfunction?

What can I do? I test 10.5.6 and 10.5.7 with a fresh install and only the necessary kexts for my Gigabyte Board PA35-DS3P.

My old Radeon 3870 works fine without this mouse problem.

I installed the default natit and the QE-Exotic Card Patch. I try also the new universal enabler from Netkas. No chance to get the card working without the mouse stutter.

Is there any kext disturb the natit?

Must I manually edit any info.plist or hexedit anyrhing.

Nice if anyone give me any tip.

Or give it another way to get the 4890 working? DSDT Patching? How it works?

MacHilli

Hello,

Yesterday I became a new Radeon 4890 from MSI. This Card works fine with QE, CI and and all resolutions with Netkas driver.

I have one problem: The mouse, keyboard and scrollwheel did'nt work perfectly. Every 2 seconds stops the mousepointer for a little moment. In background the mouse moves and jump after this pause to the new position.

Has everybody the same malfunction?

What can I do? I test 10.5.6 and 10.5.7 with a fresh install and only the necessary kexts for my Gigabyte Board PA35-DS3P.

My old Radeon 3870 works fine without this mouse problem.

I installed the default natit and the QE-Exotic Card Patch. I try also the new universal enabler from Netkas. No chance to get the card working without the mouse stutter.

Is there any kext disturb the natit?

Must I manually edit any info.plist or hexedit anyrhing.

Nice if anyone give me any tip.

Or give it another way to get the 4890 working? DSDT Patching? How it works?

MacHilli

I have the same problem on my HIS 4870 1gb. I dont know what the problem is, nor how to solve it, so i think i will get an XFX, powercolor, or sapphire brand card. because all of those are confirmed working.

If you or anyone else has any ideas, i would love to hear them.

I did get 2 DVI displays working with QE/CI/res change.

• 1 month later...

Im getting the mouse lag problems too... i have an ASUS 4870 1gig.

Really annoying when you're trying to do detail photoshop work... actually impossible! Only noticed it today trying to do just that. I guess when people say 'its working' they dont really see the truth.... its not.

anyone who has a 4870 or 4890 that is supposedly working... please try to draw a diagonal line, slowly... across your screen... or better yet, try to trace an outline, maybe someting on your desktop, something circular... its ridiculous... jumps all over the place... straight lines seem better... strange.

HELP!!

Hi folks,

I can't successfully load the natit kext from netkas. In fact, I download it from the netkas' website, the installation went fine, and when I boot, the screen went to black screen, no signal.

I have to reboot in singlemode, remove the Natit file, and then, reboot in VESA mode. ( Core : Software - max 160x1200).

My configuration is :

- i920@20x150

- 3*2Gb Corsair

- Mobo MSI X58 Pro

- Carte Graphique : Gainward Golden Sample 4870 1Go

- Screen : ACER 24" 1920x1200

the golden sample runs a bit higher in terms of frequency I believe.

Please can somebody help me ? I moved all my old files to OLD_ATI directory and tried also a new netkas's natit install. Failed again. Should I try barrybar ? I don't know what it is, but I saw this name quite often when it comes to ati kext.

Thank you very much

meteo

EDT : I finally got my video card working great. In fact, the video output was via HDMI, that's why DVI output went to sleep mode. Hell that is great.