Gigabyte T1028M As a Netbook Tablet Mac?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Legolover64

Legolover64

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
How are you in Native IDE mode? My Advanced tab looks like this:

HDC Configure as [SATA Only]
ATA/IDE Mode [Native]

>Channel 1 Master [FUJITSU MHZ2160BH G2]

I can't change HDC Configure to anything except for SATA, as I'd love to try IDE. Any ideas?

robertadam

robertadam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

How are you in Native IDE mode? My Advanced tab looks like this:

HDC Configure as [SATA Only]
ATA/IDE Mode [Native]

>Channel 1 Master [FUJITSU MHZ2160BH G2]

I can't change HDC Configure to anything except for SATA, as I'd love to try IDE. Any ideas?

after bios update got ide instead of sata, so do it first and u will be able to switch for it

Legolover64

Legolover64

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

after bios update got ide instead of sata, so do it first and u will be able to switch for it

This is really frustrating, heh.

I just updated to the new BIOS (F04) and it's in "IDE Combined" mode, I can't switch out of it.

In both Legacy and Native mode, with the -v -x flags, I get "Still waiting for root device."

Are there any other modes or settings or flags you used? I switched to my SSD that I bought, a SATA one. Could this be the cause of the issue?

Legolover64

Legolover64

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
This might be related to my issue, but with iAtkos, I get "EHCI Controller unable to take control from BIOS"?

I really need some help, maybe it's because we're using different versions of Leo4All?

Legolover64

Legolover64

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
BUMP

I am still having several problems:

- Ethernet doesn't work, however someone earlier said they have it working. Can I get a kext or a howto on this?

- Sleep is broken. The computer looks like it's sleeping, but trying to restore from this leads to the computer turning on, but nothing displayed on the screen or anything like that. Any ideas on things to try for this? This is a big deal for me...

- Screen rotation. Is there anything I can do in the kext to trick the OS into rotating the screen?

Thanks again!

methius

methius

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

BUMP

I am still having several problems:

- Ethernet doesn't work, however someone earlier said they have it working. Can I get a kext or a howto on this?

- Sleep is broken. The computer looks like it's sleeping, but trying to restore from this leads to the computer turning on, but nothing displayed on the screen or anything like that. Any ideas on things to try for this? This is a big deal for me...

- Screen rotation. Is there anything I can do in the kext to trick the OS into rotating the screen?

Thanks again!

Hi,

I'm having real problems getting the install working properly.

I have tried:
USB U3 DVD Install, USB external dvd drive install AND hooking the internal drive to another pc with:
- iAtkos v7
- xXx latest
- Leo4All v2
- iDeneb v5
- iDeneb v4
- Kalyway 10.5.2
(I can't seem to find an INTEL Leo4All v4 anywhere)

I always end up with the installer stuck at "Waiting for root", because it cannot take control of the EHCI USB from the bios, or with a succesfull install, but stuck at the login screen with:

"Before You Begin... "
"There is no keyboard connected to your computer. Please connect your keyboard"
Which indicates there is also a fault with the USB device. (I tried connecting a usb keyboard)
(Strangely enough, sound seems to work at that boot screen)

If you could, please give me a detailed installation description of which build you used and any extra steps.

I would be very very gratefull

Legolover64

Legolover64

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hi,

I'm having real problems getting the install working properly.

I have tried:
USB U3 DVD Install, USB external dvd drive install AND hooking the internal drive to another pc with:
- iAtkos v7
- xXx latest
- Leo4All v2
- iDeneb v5
- iDeneb v4
- Kalyway 10.5.2
(I can't seem to find an INTEL Leo4All v4 anywhere)

I always end up with the installer stuck at "Waiting for root", because it cannot take control of the EHCI USB from the bios, or with a succesfull install, but stuck at the login screen with:

"Before You Begin... "
"There is no keyboard connected to your computer. Please connect your keyboard"
Which indicates there is also a fault with the USB device. (I tried connecting a usb keyboard)
(Strangely enough, sound seems to work at that boot screen)

If you could, please give me a detailed installation description of which build you used and any extra steps.

I would be very very gratefull

Hey there!

I'm happy to hear there's someone else out there trying to get OS X to work on the T1028. Maybe you'll discover some things to fix the issues people have with it!

Anyways, I tried all of what you tried, and I was pretty dissatisfied with nothing mounting and not being able to install. After some collaboration with robertadam, I found out that the Leo4All v4 you need is actually not the Intel one. Looking at various popular sources for questionable OS X disk images, you may find a Leo4All v4 that is marked "AMD ONLY." This is the right one. It will work! I can verify that it works to install, and the computer is alright to use, with my gripes as obvious exceptions.

Until someone can figure out ethernet, webcam, sleep, microphone and screen rotation, I am going to switch to Ubuntu or Kubuntu Linux. I need a functional machine for college, but I will surely switch back if these issues are solved.

I hope this helps! Feel free to respond if you have any further questions!

schleuss

schleuss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i can confirm that Leo4All 1.5.4 AMD fixed bootup of the installer disc on my T1028x, its attempting to install now. Great thanks for the above post.

Update: iPC 10.5.6 boots for me, too. It might just be you have to go for an AMD compatible distro.

Gig T1028X

Gig T1028X

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

ok got sound working- me idiot- forgot to remove azalia :wacko: just need to swap for wi fi and everything working, can control with a finger or two:) nice and soft touchscreen :) LOL

how did you make it? I installed hda support - no sound, added azalia, still no sound, but audio device discovered by the system.

Any success installing 10.6? On many posts community reports both sound and wifi support on our hardware from 10.6.2 (despite of ATOM "issue" with 10.6.2). I'd prefer snow because of "pure" leo to get rid of installing different "patches".

May I ask you for some instructions of how to make most of our hardware? It might be usefull for the community. I'm a newbe, so currently I'm stuck with almost pure 10.5.4 version with standard LAN, and touchscreen enabled (and external zydass wifi)

10.6 snow leopard running on t1028!!! the only thing that's not working is webcam and internal mic.
Some rpoblems with power management - will try some other hacks later. Cannot install combo 10.6.2 system crashes with panic (could be due to MBR partitioning of my hdd) - help needed...
I achieved it by installing snow from withing 10.5.4 leo with the help of modified MBR OSInstall package. AND - what is essential using a bootloader from "netbook installer" package. St5ill have no idea how to make it run right from a hdd (i can boot only with usb/sd with netbook bootloader with an option "-f"). EETI driver for touchscreen works perfectly, USB, wifi and lan out of the box. Graphics with 1366x768 resolution out of the box, audio (at least speakers) with voodoo 0.2.2. Help with this crazy Genesys Logic camera very welcome - we'd have fully operational miniminiM with tablet function.

jokstation

jokstation

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. I installed Snow Leopard in Gigabyte T1028 with iPortable Snow, but don't recognize any UB mouse. I Receive messages as:

USBF: 36.344 ECHI controller unable to take control from BIOS
USBF: 36.345 AppleUSBECHI[0x2bb5800]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be
USBF: 36.347 AppleUSBEHCI[0x2bb5800]: :UIMInitialize - Error occourred (0xe00002be
36.364 Apple USBECHI: unable to initialize UIM

Do you can upload your DSDT and kexts?
Thanks!!

ischan

ischan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I've tried installing 10.6 onto the T1028 using NetBook Installer 0.8.3 and 0.8.4 but everytime it finishes installing and I try to boot the OS itself, it goes into sleep mode.
This is right after the grey screen with the apple and spinning dial.

I havent been able to get it to boot with other boot loaders so far. Anyone face something like this?

hanks1

hanks1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I've tried installing 10.6 onto the T1028 using NetBook Installer 0.8.3 and 0.8.4 but everytime it finishes installing and I try to boot the OS itself, it goes into sleep mode.
This is right after the grey screen with the apple and spinning dial.

I havent been able to get it to boot with other boot loaders so far. Anyone face something like this?

You need to remove the sleep enabler kext. See this thread and follow the instructions to fix this.

http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1507048

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy