HOW TO Install Retail OSX 10.5.6 on Dell Studio Hybrid

mig21

36 posts in this topic

When I try to do the install I receive a kernel panic.

I have followed the initial steps described in the first post, and when the external HD starts up, i select the External HD and then choose Verbose Boot from the external HD.

I receive.

devds_make_node: not ready for devices!

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x41460E43): "No HPETS available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n"@SorceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagerment/AppleIntelCPUPoerManagement-59.0.1/pmThread.c:149

Debugger called: <panic>

It continues on, any ideas?

Hi,

so the promised files :

GMA X3100 drivers : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dttgiz2jzqv

wired ethernet : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jgggnmnwb0c

Zorviny, read carefully the tutorial at the start of this topic. It look like you skip the custom dsdt step. You need to add a dsdt aml file in your Extra directory (again check the tutorial from Mig21).

Regards.

Guys

You you are f**king awesome. I tried this and it all worked first time. It responds just as well as my own Macbook Pro.

I would like to ask one question though. I have connected it to my 22" HP monitor but there is no 1680*1050 resolution available.

Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

Hey you guys are brilliant,

Just wondering if one of you can do a detailed video on youtube of how to install iDeneb, or maybe post the video on some site, so people can see exactly how to do it because I get a bit confused with some of the steps. I've downloaded iDeneb 10.5.6 just nervous about installing it.

Let me know and keep posting!

You guys are great, doing a great job, kudos to you.

Hi,

Zorviny, read carefully the tutorial at the start of this topic. It look like you skip the custom dsdt step. You need to add a dsdt aml file in your Extra directory (again check the tutorial from Mig21).

Regards.

I did run DSDT but now I am wondering if I had an old or fluked copy can someone point me to a working copy of DSDT?

I ran DSDT from the the DSDT Patch GUI I found here:

http://######.com/index.php?option=...0&Itemid=48

Also in Step V - Patch the OS

2. Move SMBIOSEnabler.ketx and dsmos.ketx to the "/Extras/Extensions" folder.

I do not have these folders /Extra/Extensions until after I install Chameleon - which is in Step 6

Sorry for all of this I started this project 3 months ago and still cant resolve it.

Also does the new version of chameleon affect this install at all?

Just to note I tried it now with the new Chameleon RC2.

1.) I Formatted external Hard drive properly using the instructions

2.) Created OsX.cbr using instructions on disk utility

3.) I Did the whole terminal string thing

4.) OsX Installs to external HD fine

5.) Delete Kexts (all 950 & 3100 + the other additional ones mentioned) from "/System/Library/Extensions"

6.) Run DSDT Patcher GUI from

(I go my copy from a Google search of DSDT patcher, its the first link). For some reason it wont let me post links in this forum.

7.) Install Chameleon RC2

8.) Add SMBIOSEnabler.ketx and dsmos.ketx to the "/Extra/Extensions" folder.

9.) Detach external Hard drive, and plug into Hybrid Studio

10.) Started Hybrid from USB (F12), Chameleon Starts - select external installation in verbose

11.) External installation starts and stops with a black screen that says

npvhash=4095

hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000

PAE enabled

64 bit mode enabled

Darwin Kernel Version 9.6.0: Mon Nov 24 17:37:00 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.9.59~1/RELEASE_I386

standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us

vm_page_bootstrap: 766992 free pages 19440 wired pages

mig_table_max_displ = 79

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPatform" has immediate dependencies on both .com.apple.kernel and .com.apple.kpi components;

use only one style.

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" has immediate dependencies on both .com.apple.kernel and .com.apple.kpi components;use only one style.

dsmos: Initializing...

dsmos: hook and decryption contexts set!

dsmos: Starting...

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicID=1 LocalApicID=0 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicID=2 LocalApicID=1 Enabled

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

After a recent experience with a Dell Mini I am wondering if I may have solved my problem. I don't have the time this week to test my theory out but here goes:

I wonder if my install problems of Leopard on my studio are due tot he fact that I updated the bios after I received the product? Can those with a working studio OSX post there bios Version?